Reviews

Reviews of Kouros Eau D'Ete by Yves Saint Laurent

Smells a lot like Kouros Cologne Sport, very slight difference in strength, but other than that, smae thing. It smells nothing like the original Kouros. If you have Kouros Cologne Sport, don't bother. Hard to find anyway. For more info see my Kouros Complete Set review thread.
23rd March, 2009
Not bad scent at all...."Kouros Light" is other perfect name for this fragance. Clean and fresh but with an interesting aura.
Longevity and sillage are not very good on my skin. The original Kouros is better.
25th December, 2008
Words Show all reviews
This could very easily pass as a mint mouthwash. And the clear blue bottle doesn't help you shake that feeling, either. Sitting there, having sprayed a few sprays on my shirt, I kept getting an occasional whiff of Eau D'Ete and remember thinking, "hmmm... mouthwash?" Very minty and clean. Pretty good sillage for a Summer version. I really cant imagine using this at any other time than in the soaring temps of an Indian Summer.
09th March, 2007 (last edited: 11th April, 2008)
RobX Show all reviews
yep it actually smells blue - a great summer scent for men
27th February, 2007
It actually smells blue. This is exactly what blue would smell if you could smell a color. The mint and artemisia and bergamot form a wonderfully refreshing opening accord—blue! It is quite subtle and well crafted—if only it lasted a little longer. The mid notes I get—rosemary and jasmine—are pleasant and adequate (more bluish-green than blue). The blue energy returns with the base, which is an excellently created accord of cedar, amber, and incense. To be very honest, I do not get the much connection of this to Kouros, but if I stretched my imagination far enough, I could draw a relationship to Body Kouros—like a twelfth cousin, three times removed. A very unique fragrance that doesn’t last long enough, but is a pleasure while it does.
03rd June, 2006
(2006 version) Citrus (lemon?) and mint over top the traditional Kouros basenote. The result: a much lighter more modern Kouros that isnt cloying and still does not stray far from its heiritage. Great stuff.
01st March, 2006