Negative Reviews of Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier

Find out more about Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

findtheriver's avatar

RAID! Kills bugs dead

12 December, 2013

calnadur's avatar

Switzerland Switzerland

How can a little masterpiece, a real delight - aka Eau de Cartier - turn into this?

I don't know..But it just smells terribly synthetic and lacks the delicacy and elegance of the simple and beautiful Eau de Cartier.

Understood, the standard version does not have the greatest longevity but this Concentree version does not even help in that respect...

Disappointing.

30th April, 2011

shehbaz's avatar

Pakistan Pakistan

Very synthetic smelling, without any character. Not worth even quarter of the price. I have to spray other colognes over it to suppress its smell. Don't know my headache is also due to this. I am unhappy buying this though I had very high hopes from the house of Cartier.
    PS. Very nice looking bottle.

06 June, 2009

Scentologist's avatar

It takes the basic design of the original Eau de Cartier and to me, adds top notes of green apple. Oddly enough, the original version seems more green to me, or shall I say a more desireable green. The concentree gets acid and sharp. This combination of sharpness and greeness throws the composition off balance which makes this whole thing acrid. It wants to deliver a slight singe to the nostril hairs. I don't like this rendition and I much prefer the original.

20th April, 2008

generalmannager's avatar

Norway Norway

The smell in this fragance is extraodinary it was just what i was looking for to wear for this summer. The only thing that kept me from buying it this week was that it didnt even last 5 minutes on me. I guess my Ph and this fragance are not compatible.

08 March, 2007

hirch_duckfinder's avatar

Horribly synthetic mess.

11th October, 2006

LiveJazz's avatar

Acidic smelling. One of my friends has it and it burns my nostrils. People say this without it being true all the time here...but this really does smell like some kind of bug spray. Maybe it calms down a little after it dries, but I didn't want to stay around long enough to find out.

04 April, 2006

IPaidForThisName's avatar

Ahhh! It burns us! I have tried to warm up to this many times, but just can’t. It’s such a dry and acrid citrus/grassy fragrance. I just don’t see how something that sharp and acidic can be enjoyed. Also, it of course lacks depth like every other Cartier fragrance.

22 September, 2005

mikey_p's avatar

I started off liking this but it is far too synthetic for me. You simply cannot compare this to Chanel Pour Monsieur which is an absolute classic....This smells like a cross between WD40 and the inside of a computer case.

12 August, 2005