Neutral Reviews of Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier

Find out more about Eau de Cartier Concentrée by Cartier in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Wheatstraw2's avatar

The nice yuzu opening is quickly overpowered by violet. And more violet. And.... ok, you get it. To disclose a bias, I seriously don't like violet. The original, softer, more likeable (for me) Eau de Cartier has about as much violet as I can really get into, so I find this sharp, non-comforting, amped-up version to be quite a bit less attractive than the original. In moderation, I can wear the original. I suppose that this fragrance falls into the "green" category of warm-weather eaux. If you're into that kind of thing, and if violet is your note, you'll like this one. I've given it a fair hearing - 15 wears in my drobe count - and I'm glad to be done with it.

03 August, 2014

Darvant's avatar

I tried both the regular and the concentree version which i agree is finally more acid and less powdery. I detect a lavender/violet/lemon (yuzu) main temperament over a musky/cedary foundation but catch a type of initial pungent fruity patchouli presence with a sort of tart berry-lily-hydrangea-violet vibe. The tartness tends to fade with the time together with the soothing musky setting. The yuzu presence nails down a sort of stable "aqueousity" which balances the final touch of powder. The dry down introduces a faint ambergris on the side of a basic cedarwood/musk. The juice is balanced and clean but dull and a bit monolitic.

23 November, 2012

SirSlarty's avatar

Opens up all green with violet leaf and tea accords but dries into a woodsy powdery sweet drydown that feels oriental. Fresh and clean and it has some power... for violet leaf I suggest just wearing Fahrenheit.

30th November, 2009

DULLAH's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Starts very promising with a fresh green violet leaf accord, with some spice. very clean blue and green soapy notes lingering in the back, and they get more prominent thru the development. By the end, it is somewhat powdery, like powdered laundry soap. But in a far classier and softer way than any of the "Clean" brand of scents. Overall neutral on the positive side.

24 June, 2009

The blurbs that I read on this fragrance say that this is simply supposed to be Eau de Cartier in concentrated form… it is not supposed to be a different scent. First of all, I’m not sure I want a stronger concentration: part of the reason I love Eau de Cartier is its subtlety and its quiet, reticent elegance. Next, I believe that the formula has been changed in more ways than just changing the concentrations. The yuzu is gone from the concentrated version and the violet presence has been increased significantly. Since I dislike a strong violet presence in a fragrance, this is bad news for me.

I like the non concentrée version of Eau de Cartier much better. This one feels a bit sharp and synthetic to me where the original didn’t, and I completely dislike the stronger infusion of violet leaves. Lost is a lot of the original Eau de Cartier’s subtlety and quiet freshness. This is not so subtle and its freshness has that sharpness to it. But I do see this as a well made fragrance… people who like violet notes may very well find this worth testing. What’s nice about this is that we’ve got a choice between the two versions… I’ve made mine...

17 September, 2008

Kaern's avatar

Not a great fan of Cartier fragrances normally, but this one is ok. It's very green and almost vegetal and doesn't change all that much except to soften slightly, which in my opinion improves the scent. It is completely bone dry though and I think I need at least a scintilla of sweetness in fragrances I use now. Not bad.

24 July, 2008

odysseusm's avatar

I tried Eau de Cartier in both its regular and concentrated versions. I like each to a certain extent, but can’t endorse either whole-heartedly. Eau de Cartier Concentrée reduces the problematically powdery-amber drydown of the regular version, so that’s a good thing. It is a sharper and more acidic fragrance, and a simpler one. Sadly, it has lost the haunting and elusive herbal-wood note that I enjoy so much in the regular version. This is a bigger scent than the regular: it has more green-acidic notes, more violet leaves, more musk. It is an OK aromatic-green scent. A bit sour, and slightly synthetic in character… not very interesting in my opinion.

16 July, 2008

Leo's avatar

It starts off great, with a good, fresh lemon note and lots of body. No artificial feeling. The core is however herbal, with a sharp thyme/marjoram/origanum note, soon giving in to (almost) the very same base in Pasha. This fragrance has more balance, however, and the herbal note stays on the background all through the drydown. I like the top notes very much, but I didn't like Pasha much, and this is not my cup of tea. (After one hour or so, you get a woodsy drydown exactly like Kenzo Air's, btw)

20th November, 2004