Reviews of Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

This smells like a bathroom to me.

I see neither creativity nor uniqueness in this fragrance.

Projection: 7/10
Longevity: 6/10
11th November, 2015
That mix of grape drink and Windex that's in everything - usually I hate scents that use those, but Prada Amber pretties them up with a lot of upfront white flowers, sparkling soapy ginger, and a subtly peachy old fashioned butterscotchy amber. There was a 99% chance this would turn out terrible, but somehow they got the mix just right and it's actually quite beautiful, clean and bright but also rich and complex. The creamy cinnamon tobacco basenotes are fantastic as well, though I wish they were more concentrated. A surprise thumbs up for actually making me enjoy those overused pedestrian topnotes.
03rd November, 2015
Prada Amber Pour Homme is my go to suit and tie fragrance. It is very inoffensive. The name is misleading because I don't detect any amber in this. To me, this smells like soap. Not a normal soap, a fancy, floral soap. Imagine that you are at a fancy spa at a 5 star hotel and you wash yourself with their soap... That is the kind of vibe this gives off. If you want to smell clean, this is the fragrance for you.

The projection on this is pretty normal. Nothing special in that department. It does last on my skin for a long time though, about 7 hours.

It's not much of a compliment getter, which I assume is because of the projection. I have asked people to smell it and give me their opinions and nobody has given a negative remark. All of them also said that it smelled like soap. A few people did say that It smelled feminine and could be a unisex fragrance, which I do agree with. This can be slightly feminine, but not enough to make me feel uncomfortable wearing it.

Overall 7/10.
29th October, 2015

From a sample... Very modern, unconventional fragrance from Prada that is subtle, yet a bit daring in it's own right. PApH is a soft citrus-floral fragrance that wouldn't be out of place on a woman's dresser, laundry room or shower soap dish. The fragrance is promoted as a masculine scent, but could easily be unisex or even feminine without striking forward in any definitive direction.

From the opening you get a soft citrus-floral that quickly combines with a patchouli-tonka bean middle, giving the fragrance a decidedly clean and fresh feeling. The laundry and hand soap analogy is fair, but not entirely accurate IMO. There's a faint hint a soft leather in the background and perhaps a spice, but the scent dries close to it's opening through out.

I really like it, although it may be a challenge for those who want to project masculinity. It has a certain class of refinement to it, and it's definitely unique, at least to me. I'm not sure I would wear it very often, because it seems better suited to formal dress than my profession requires. However, I give it a Thumbs Up none the less, but would encourage a trial before purchasing.
25th August, 2015
So unique. Unbelievable fragrance. My go-to suit and tie work scent. I suppose it smells like soap, but not your typical bar soap like Prada's Infusion D'homme. This is so smooth and rich, with a deep floral and hint of spice, and lasts the entire day. 8-plus hours easy, every time. Absolute classic.
14th May, 2015

Great professional scent.this is one of the best in my is very nice,sweet.clean and unique freagrance!

I've wear it in the summer and in the really seductive and hot.It's longevity is amazing on my skin.

On my opinion it is at the same time modern and suitable for romantic momenets and then office use!
Prada is in High Quality for collecsion.

Thank you PRADA.

11th May, 2015
Love this stuff! Makes me feel so confident. What I love about Prada scents is they do not give me a headache. I am making this my signature scent. Works great with my body chemistry. My wife really like the way it smells on me as well. I tend to get more smiles from the opposite sex when I wear this scent. Maybe because I feel so confident. This stuff smells like success. I have an hour drive to work and it is a pleasure to smell the dry down. So complex... Most complex scent I own. Wear this with dressy clothes and feel like a million bucks!
13th February, 2015
All I get is a bubble bath scent :/

I can't figure this one out.
09th October, 2014
Maybe for men but definetly unisex. I can see why some think this is femme because it has this...powdery and perfumy smell/vibe. Quality florals and very soapy, Prada does soapy cleans scents like no other. I can see a man who wears this dressed up/suit and it smells very professional and clean smelling. However, this is definetly signature scent worthy for any time of the year for a man and woman.
27th June, 2014
No idea why people are mentioning reformulation... I got a bottle not even a year ago and it's great.

Some say this smells feminine.... I guess.... if you think the smell of bath soap is feminine, then maybe. I don't smell anything feminine or decidedly masculine, just smells soapy fresh, much like gendarme, another one of my favorites. agreeing with a previous review, it works well as a soapy clean scent as well as a work of olfactory art. zen like in it's simplicity, but by no means bad. a modern masterpiece that in my opinion will be considered an all time classic for eternity.
16th May, 2014
Lots of comments here referring to a soapy smell, but it's really more like fabric softener. If you want to go around smelling like an overdose of scented laundry chemicals, you've come to the right place. A lot of fragrance fans crave that effect now and then, no doubt. There are worse reasons for wearing fragrances. This one works on both a utilitarian and fragrance artistic level. You'll handily accomplish the fresh laundry scent goal, and veer into genuine high-quality fragrance territory. You can do far worse in the territory of designer perfumery. This one's worth the midrange price point it's currently at. Wouldn't be surprised to see first edition bottles going at increased prices someday. Beautiful packaging and high-quality juice often equals candidate for cheapass reformulation and repackaging. Get the good version while it's still out there.
01st May, 2014
guess it was reformulated, sillage was heavier, the smell richer and rounder...
24th March, 2014
The perfect office scent.
06th March, 2014

Over all I like it. It was a gift. I can't say I would buy another bottle of it when I run out. It's powdery but it is enjoyable to wear when I'm in the mood for it. Lasts about six hours or so on me. Haven't had any compliments with it but I do enjoy wearing it.
16th February, 2014
Walk into your favorite barbershop. Get a trim. You deserve it. Bit of the old shave too, eh?

It's summer. Your barber's door is open. Every once in a while, you get the smell coming in from Saffron's, the new Indian joint that opened up next door.

It's getting rather frequent customer traffic as the shave continues. "Think I may try that indian food" you say to your barber, as he finishes up with the shave.

Prada Amber PH. There ya go.

20th January, 2014 (last edited: 28th January, 2014)
rbaker Show all reviews
Amber? On my skin? Where? A bit of citrus, vanilla, soapiness, very close to my skin, gone in less than two hours.....A mirage of a scent.
18th January, 2014
the cleanest soapiest scent on the market! prada amber makes me think of expensive soap and baby powder. it lasts forever on my skin with decent projection. A must buy if you ask me. Also has a very nice dry down. Quality juice.
One of my signature scents.
projection 6/10
longevity 9/10
smell 10/10
15th January, 2014
Top-loaded with generic ‘masculine’ citric swill, the heart of this fragrance is in quite a different place. Which makes one wonder why the citrus opening was grafted on as it doesn’t harmonize at all.
Eventually this perfume settles into soap – triple-milled and luxurious no doubt, but ho-hum. Whirling in a haze on its horizon is the real core of interest – a ball of sweet myrrh, saffron and cardamom – that could have been superb had it come into focus. As it is, only the cardamom eventually lends it milky spice to the soapy abundance. Pleasant, easy to wear but entirely unadventurous perfumes like this make me itch for a feral oud or a deep floral.
However, I must add that a friend who wore this regularly always smelled huggable. Probably because perfume experienced on others is a somewhat indistinct waft, one barely goes beyond ‘nice’ and ‘mmm’ as descriptors – it’s different wearing it yourself, where all the shades of any particular beast are evident up close.
08th December, 2013
Soapy and Floral

I tried this in Sephora and liked it enough to buy a little 9 ml online. After several wearings, I still like the clean, soapy vibe, but I've decided it's also a little to floral for me. Very high quality from Prada, but also definitely unisex rather than masculine. If you are one who puts on a frag then wonders if it's too feminine, you probably won't like this after a while.

Pros: Clean, soapy, long lasting
Cons: May be too feminine for some"

26th October, 2013
Soapy goodness

From 07 to present, I was and still am, in a niche phase. And in doing that I overlooked something I wish I was wearing seven years ago. Amber pour homme is a very clean elegant take on amber. Cardamom is a dominant player here, never cared for it before, but now its very pleasant to my nose. Patchouli and labdanum provide an earthy quality and prevents this from becoming a sweet, spicefest. I love this stuff. I've been wearing it for 4 days in a row and plan on wearing til they discontinue it.

Pros: Spicy clean smelling
Cons: None"

02nd September, 2013
Stunning Scent.

I like to put "similar to", but there really is nothing like Amber pour Homme. The Intense version is nothing like the original, so don't even waste your time.

Amber is a landmark in men's designer perfumes, in my honest opinion. An excellent combination of soapy notes, floral notes, and lots of incense. But, Amber.. where is the amber? I certainly pick up on none, but that's a good thing for me, because it's not a note I am fond of. To me, it basically just smells like lots of lavender (although this note isn't listed), and lots of incense. It smells like a modern Drakkar Noir to me. People say this is like an expensive high quality soap, and I couldn't agree with that more. That's the best way to sum it up. Unfortunately, longevity lacks a bit on my skin, and the "Intense" version certainly doesn't amplify it, it's an entirely different fragrance.

Ya want a good soapy scent? Ya wanna get compliments? This is the way to go. Prada's only really good men's fragrance in my opinion.

Pros: Unique, comforting.
Cons: Longevity."

30th August, 2013

At first this does smell soapy and a little like a stripped down, diluted Le Male. At the drydown a soft vanilla note emerges. Light projection. I wasn't wowed by the other Pradas I tried and this one was no different.

27th June, 2013
I give it an "A" for effort. Despite no amber listed, I did catch a whiff of ambroxan when I first sprayed the card. Now an hour later, I don't smell it on the card anymore. A hint of cardamom, suede, and tonka give it some depth. Clean soapy notes round it out. It stands out a step above the line-up on the fragrance counter.
05th May, 2013
I don't get the hate this seems to provoke. Or the paranoia about it's effeminizing properties. That "soapy" note in the drydown is mostly vetiver. Despite the nominal "amber," this is actually Encre Noir lite. That's not a bad thing. This is for those days when scent-wise you feel like travelling light.
28th March, 2013
I have to admit this smells like a sophisticated fragrance. I really liked it in the store and I smelled this several times before buying it. But now all I have to say is yuck. It is a very sickening fragrance and I wouldn't dare put this on in the summertime.
27th March, 2013
Starts off smelling a little too feminine for me, then just smell like soap.
12th March, 2013
When i was a boy of a very young age i used to get my father's leather cap he used to wear from the top shelf of the closet.The inside was spanned by a very smooth slik and it smelled exactly like this prada except for the terrorizing vanilla/tonka which in this prada really own the main control of the whole fragrance. And no matter how many times i got that cap and put on just to imitate my dad the insade always smelled of this ambery,slightly filthy, dark matter with a stealthy musky note and left in ruines by the time citrus notes especially bergamot. I guess the perfumer was inspired by some older fragrance that exsisted in the earlier years. You wouldnt dare to wear this prada on a hot day when the air is virtually static and the humidity is punishing. After couple of hours the vanilla/tonka takes over with not much left of that busy almost humming base of amberris and vetiver and a very tiny musc althogh the musc lingers on no matter what and boosts vanilla/tonka combo even stronger. At the end of the day i found myself being tired of that smell.It kinda deprives you of your "freedom of scent" so i cought myself being able to smell nothing but it by the end of the day.And i cant really associate this smell with any kind of occasion or style-it suites everyone but in the same time no one.It fits in every situation but in the same time you cant link any scenery to this scent in a understandable way.Although the whole idea is very pretty. Quite lively and pithy.
20th January, 2013
This oozes style, sophistication and class. The perfectly blended tones create a fresh, clean elegant scent, reminiscent of $1000 a night hotel soap. The mix of notes is sturdy, yet never overpowering and has a real understated elegance. The hint of sweetness has an addictive quality that entices you in time and time again but doesn't dominate it. All the ingredients smell expensive and natural, which just adds to the sophistication.

Longevity is not beast-like but holds it own. In terms of versatility this can be used for most occasions, whether it is work, date, club or just walking round the shops. It is also perfect for wearing with a suit.

Ultimately, Prada Amber stands out from the crowd, by not being the loudest but for being understated and elegant. A real classy scent.
01st January, 2013
This scent makes me feel calm, clean and relaxed. Smells classy.
Actually there's no amber here, so this should be called Prada Soap Pour Homme.
Yes it's soapy but i dont care.
Definetely a must have! It's an all-year-around winner.
If you're looking for an real amber scent, get Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan or/and MPG Ambre Precieux - there are real amber based scents.
Sillage and projection are low-medium. Lasting power is great, about 8 hours. Thumbs up!
30th December, 2012 (last edited: 02nd March, 2013)
It's average to me. Just soap. Has to be perhaps the soapiest of them all. Not a big fan of the genre.
08th December, 2012