Reviews

Positive Reviews of Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada

Salutation.

Great professional scent.this is one of the best in my collection.it is very nice,sweet.clean and unique freagrance!

I've wear it in the summer and in the winter.is really seductive and hot.It's longevity is amazing on my skin.

On my opinion it is at the same time modern and suitable for romantic momenets and then office use!
Prada is in High Quality for collecsion.

Thank you PRADA.

8.5/10
11th May, 2015
Love this stuff! Makes me feel so confident. What I love about Prada scents is they do not give me a headache. I am making this my signature scent. Works great with my body chemistry. My wife really like the way it smells on me as well. I tend to get more smiles from the opposite sex when I wear this scent. Maybe because I feel so confident. This stuff smells like success. I have an hour drive to work and it is a pleasure to smell the dry down. So complex... Most complex scent I own. Wear this with dressy clothes and feel like a million bucks!
13th February, 2015
Maybe for men but definetly unisex. I can see why some think this is femme because it has this...powdery and perfumy smell/vibe. Quality florals and very soapy, Prada does soapy cleans scents like no other. I can see a man who wears this dressed up/suit and it smells very professional and clean smelling. However, this is definetly signature scent worthy for any time of the year for a man and woman.
27th June, 2014
No idea why people are mentioning reformulation... I got a bottle not even a year ago and it's great.

Some say this smells feminine.... I guess.... if you think the smell of bath soap is feminine, then maybe. I don't smell anything feminine or decidedly masculine, just smells soapy fresh, much like gendarme, another one of my favorites. agreeing with a previous review, it works well as a soapy clean scent as well as a work of olfactory art. zen like in it's simplicity, but by no means bad. a modern masterpiece that in my opinion will be considered an all time classic for eternity.
16th May, 2014
Lots of comments here referring to a soapy smell, but it's really more like fabric softener. If you want to go around smelling like an overdose of scented laundry chemicals, you've come to the right place. A lot of fragrance fans crave that effect now and then, no doubt. There are worse reasons for wearing fragrances. This one works on both a utilitarian and fragrance artistic level. You'll handily accomplish the fresh laundry scent goal, and veer into genuine high-quality fragrance territory. You can do far worse in the territory of designer perfumery. This one's worth the midrange price point it's currently at. Wouldn't be surprised to see first edition bottles going at increased prices someday. Beautiful packaging and high-quality juice often equals candidate for cheapass reformulation and repackaging. Get the good version while it's still out there.
01st May, 2014
The perfect office scent.
06th March, 2014
Over all I like it. It was a gift. I can't say I would buy another bottle of it when I run out. It's powdery but it is enjoyable to wear when I'm in the mood for it. Lasts about six hours or so on me. Haven't had any compliments with it but I do enjoy wearing it.
16th February, 2014
Walk into your favorite barbershop. Get a trim. You deserve it. Bit of the old shave too, eh?

It's summer. Your barber's door is open. Every once in a while, you get the smell coming in from Saffron's, the new Indian joint that opened up next door.

It's getting rather frequent customer traffic as the shave continues. "Think I may try that indian food" you say to your barber, as he finishes up with the shave.

Prada Amber PH. There ya go.

Cheers.
20th January, 2014 (last edited: 28th January, 2014)
the cleanest soapiest scent on the market! prada amber makes me think of expensive soap and baby powder. it lasts forever on my skin with decent projection. A must buy if you ask me. Also has a very nice dry down. Quality juice.
One of my signature scents.
projection 6/10
longevity 9/10
smell 10/10
15th January, 2014
Soapy and Floral

I tried this in Sephora and liked it enough to buy a little 9 ml online. After several wearings, I still like the clean, soapy vibe, but I've decided it's also a little to floral for me. Very high quality from Prada, but also definitely unisex rather than masculine. If you are one who puts on a frag then wonders if it's too feminine, you probably won't like this after a while.

Pros: Clean, soapy, long lasting
Cons: May be too feminine for some"

26th October, 2013
Soapy goodness

From 07 to present, I was and still am, in a niche phase. And in doing that I overlooked something I wish I was wearing seven years ago. Amber pour homme is a very clean elegant take on amber. Cardamom is a dominant player here, never cared for it before, but now its very pleasant to my nose. Patchouli and labdanum provide an earthy quality and prevents this from becoming a sweet, spicefest. I love this stuff. I've been wearing it for 4 days in a row and plan on wearing til they discontinue it.

Pros: Spicy clean smelling
Cons: None"

02nd September, 2013
Stunning Scent.

I like to put "similar to", but there really is nothing like Amber pour Homme. The Intense version is nothing like the original, so don't even waste your time.

Amber is a landmark in men's designer perfumes, in my honest opinion. An excellent combination of soapy notes, floral notes, and lots of incense. But, Amber.. where is the amber? I certainly pick up on none, but that's a good thing for me, because it's not a note I am fond of. To me, it basically just smells like lots of lavender (although this note isn't listed), and lots of incense. It smells like a modern Drakkar Noir to me. People say this is like an expensive high quality soap, and I couldn't agree with that more. That's the best way to sum it up. Unfortunately, longevity lacks a bit on my skin, and the "Intense" version certainly doesn't amplify it, it's an entirely different fragrance.

Ya want a good soapy scent? Ya wanna get compliments? This is the way to go. Prada's only really good men's fragrance in my opinion.

Pros: Unique, comforting.
Cons: Longevity."

30th August, 2013
I give it an "A" for effort. Despite no amber listed, I did catch a whiff of ambroxan when I first sprayed the card. Now an hour later, I don't smell it on the card anymore. A hint of cardamom, suede, and tonka give it some depth. Clean soapy notes round it out. It stands out a step above the line-up on the fragrance counter.
05th May, 2013
I don't get the hate this seems to provoke. Or the paranoia about it's effeminizing properties. That "soapy" note in the drydown is mostly vetiver. Despite the nominal "amber," this is actually Encre Noir lite. That's not a bad thing. This is for those days when scent-wise you feel like travelling light.
28th March, 2013
When i was a boy of a very young age i used to get my father's leather cap he used to wear from the top shelf of the closet.The inside was spanned by a very smooth slik and it smelled exactly like this prada except for the terrorizing vanilla/tonka which in this prada really own the main control of the whole fragrance. And no matter how many times i got that cap and put on just to imitate my dad the insade always smelled of this ambery,slightly filthy, dark matter with a stealthy musky note and left in ruines by the time citrus notes especially bergamot. I guess the perfumer was inspired by some older fragrance that exsisted in the earlier years. You wouldnt dare to wear this prada on a hot day when the air is virtually static and the humidity is punishing. After couple of hours the vanilla/tonka takes over with not much left of that busy almost humming base of amberris and vetiver and a very tiny musc althogh the musc lingers on no matter what and boosts vanilla/tonka combo even stronger. At the end of the day i found myself being tired of that smell.It kinda deprives you of your "freedom of scent" so i cought myself being able to smell nothing but it by the end of the day.And i cant really associate this smell with any kind of occasion or style-it suites everyone but in the same time no one.It fits in every situation but in the same time you cant link any scenery to this scent in a understandable way.Although the whole idea is very pretty. Quite lively and pithy.
20th January, 2013
This oozes style, sophistication and class. The perfectly blended tones create a fresh, clean elegant scent, reminiscent of $1000 a night hotel soap. The mix of notes is sturdy, yet never overpowering and has a real understated elegance. The hint of sweetness has an addictive quality that entices you in time and time again but doesn't dominate it. All the ingredients smell expensive and natural, which just adds to the sophistication.

Longevity is not beast-like but holds it own. In terms of versatility this can be used for most occasions, whether it is work, date, club or just walking round the shops. It is also perfect for wearing with a suit.

Ultimately, Prada Amber stands out from the crowd, by not being the loudest but for being understated and elegant. A real classy scent.
01st January, 2013
This scent makes me feel calm, clean and relaxed. Smells classy.
Actually there's no amber here, so this should be called Prada Soap Pour Homme.
Yes it's soapy but i dont care.
Definetely a must have! It's an all-year-around winner.
If you're looking for an real amber scent, get Serge Lutens Ambre Sultan or/and MPG Ambre Precieux - there are real amber based scents.
Sillage and projection are low-medium. Lasting power is great, about 8 hours. Thumbs up!
30th December, 2012 (last edited: 02nd March, 2013)
The most wonderful clean and soapy scent I own.

I think it's a little more complex than a lot of people give it credit for, and this is especially true in the Summertime when you really get a great impression of all the notes. Many people treat this as a Winter fragrance but it's something I prefer wearing in the Summer.

Longevity for me is minimum 10 hours, lasts all day, perfect for office use.

Something that could be considered unisex, haven't received many compliments on this one but it's very agreeable and I really really enjoy wearing it to the office.
27th November, 2012
This right here is one of my favorite scents. Expensive soap, and done extremely well.
10th October, 2012 (last edited: 09th December, 2012)
This soapy sweet fragrance is nicely done. Something you and your lady can use (And believe me, she will want to use this one). To me, this is the best men's fragrance Prada has made thus far.
04th October, 2012
Indeed like a Classy Elegant soap. Very fresh and clean smell. I would wear this to work, church or a job interview. Very upscale. I blind bought it and its great for the purposes that I mentioned. Could be pulled off as a signature scent but I personally wouldn't.
01st October, 2012
Amber Pour Homme is a rare thing for me in the fragrance world; I like it, I love it, but it is one of those creations that truly bugs me in a way.

It is very typically 'Prada', but there's little Amber to it. I have this niggling wish that a particular stage of this scent lasted much longer: about about three minutes after spraying, until twenty-five minutes hence into the dry down. This stage is a perfectly balanced combinations of soapy, clean, fresh, warm, musky, sweet, floral, spice.

Unfortunately, thereafter it quickly descends into a rather indistinct, but still very 'Prada' dry down of white musky soap. It loses the beauty of that stage I love so much; you can still smell hints of it, but its no where near as good.

I think it would benefit from a re-working, and perhaps even a wider range of products: it would be gorgeous in soap, shaving cream, and body lotion form. Silver metal cannisters.

As it is though, its very nice. Has a similar feeling--not a similar smell at all--but a similar feeling in terms of aura and construction to l'Heure Bleue.
14th September, 2012
Prada Man is one of my favourite after shave applying fragrances when I dress up a clean shirt for work or even casually after a long shower in a sunny Sunday morning. Clean, luxury soapy, little herbal, complex development and long-lasting, it makes me feel relaxed, clean and confident.
Personally I have no issues with its so called feminine side because it delivers fully a soapiness -freshness that I expect from it and that's enough for me.
Worth mentioning that after testing about 10-15 'new' fragrances I bought relatively cheap a big splash bottle and I use a few drops over a neutral moisturizing cream that make miracles on my skin: projection is very good and the overall feeling is fantastic. I just love it. My rank 8.5/10.
31st July, 2012
Prada Amber is always the fragrance I spray on if i'm caught without cologne in a department store. It's personally one of my favourite, fresh, clean and soapy. Something you want to wake up spelling on a sunny morning.

It does smell like an up-market soap but it very well made fragrance, the only quiff I may have with buying a bottle. Is the longevity and projection, it seems to be lacking a few times i have sprayed this one. But maybe you want someone you like close, so they smell this wonderful fragrance and are not one to brag.
14th June, 2012
It's fresh, clean, and a bit on the unique side. PAPH is the type of fragrance that may make people wonder if you're not just "super fresh and clean," as opposed to wearing a fragrance. It could be interpreted as "soapy," but, the comparisons to hotel soap just aren't accurate. It also could be interpreted as "syrupy," but it's never cloying, overpowering, or nuclear. While wearing this all I wanted to do was find excuses to get close to people so they could partake in my magical presence.

I will be buying myself a bottle.
20th April, 2012
Fallen in love with this!
I can see what people mean by sopey, but not the soap you will all think of..
It has the hint of an expensive soap, one you might find in a posh upper class hotel.
Very clean, sensual, sophisticated fragrance. A MUST HAVE!
Just imagine going for a fresh hair cut in an upper class italian barbers, and you get a proper shave, a proper nice trim..just imagine what cologne they'd spray on you afterwards, this will remind you of that.
My signature fragrance aswell :)

Projection - 7/10
Longevity - 9/10
Smell - 9/10
Overall - 9/10
22nd February, 2012
surge Show all reviews
I don't understand the name -- compared to Tom Ford's "Amber Absolute" I smell *absolutely* (ha ha) no actual Amber in this fragrance. Not to say I don't like it, because I do -- I just don't get the name.

I rather enjoy this scent...it's very light, a little too light but it's still got good projection and longevity.

It's sweet and I like sweet, but I think it needs a bit more darkness \ woods \ amber.

Maybe the "intense" version of this is a bit more what I am looking for? Not sure. Will have to try.
03rd February, 2012
For years I've been sniffing and resniffing this at the store, always attracted but never drawn to buy...until recently. It's really good. Amber Pour Homme opens with a very nice warmly spiced neroli/cologne accord which is pretty unique. The juxtaposition of the cardamom against the citrus and neroli gives a bit of that dirty/clean conflict that creates so much interest in so many classics. Obviously this is very toned down here, but I think this has a light identifiable animalic tinge, at least in the opening and heart.

As it dries down it turns into more of a standard, but very well-done, sweet soap accord with light leather and tonka dominating on me. The patch never gains much traction, but I appreciate this, as the absence of that note differentiates Amber from other barbershop soap scents like Rive Gauche Pour Homme. I prefer this to the intense version, which has a strong and sharp patchouli note.
07th November, 2011
Prada Amber pour Homme by Prada, an oriental fougere ... fruity opening; tonka bean and vanilla heart; and vetiver, amber, and saffron base ... very restrained, but quality ... moderate sillage and excellent longevity ...
04th November, 2011
Really surprising fragrance. The intense version is even better and deeper than this with the addition (or increase) of the rounding note of myrrh. Basically this review is based on the intense version, for real, which enhances the  main features of the basic formula. On a stable and durable citric initial accord is strictly hooked a masculine, earthy and prickly link of cardamom, tonka, patchouli and vetiver that represent the backbone of a very dark and elegant fragrance grounded over an ending ambery accord well balanced, a bit powdery and finally silky. Some flowers of the middle phase (the sensation is for violets-?-not listed) impress further darkness, sophistication and a touch of metal and crispiness that hold on the strength of the initial citric accord balancing the smooth-powdery base of amber and vanilla. A neroli strong accord imprints the typical orangy dark smell. A touch of vanilla and leather gives final silkiness while the note of patchouli enhances boldness and autority. I don't detect the saffron. A well made fragrance, sexy, dark and masculine.
25th August, 2011 (last edited: 27th August, 2011)