Positive Reviews of Ambra by Etro

Find out more about Ambra by Etro in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

kumquat's avatar

Smooth, vanillic, golden; this is my holy grail amber. I searched through countless ambers and found it. I have an old, vintage bottle which is very intense and superb. Just beautiful.

29th March, 2014

JDBIII's avatar

This is a very odd beast. I like it quite a bit and have worn it often, but it is a rubbery amber, almost as if the resins and gums have been cooked a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still sweet and rich, but it is also a little playful. The drydown is fairly linear but very warm and comforting, not exotic in the least. I would recommend this for evening wear. It's a bit too rich for the office.

07th February, 2010

Kchild's avatar

I love Amber in all sorts of interpretations but this is my favorite by far. I love it's simplicity. I love that it's soft and still androgynous.It layers beautifully and I am one of THOSE people~always layering. I can wear it alone and not feel as if I'm missing something as well. It's light w/out being powdery~which is a nice trick. I have found that to be the exception and not the rule. Did I mention that this is my favorite?

25th March, 2009