Positive Reviews of Ambra by Etro

Ambra by Etro, especially in its vintage EDC concentration (paisley box) is another “golden era” Etro worth a try (which of them isn’t?). An austere, evocative and quintessential amber, dusty and elegant, really simple and spartan with a lively and kind of exotic feel of “hippie shop” (due to its simplicity), and a clever, much pleasant subtle citrus-floral breeze that - for a while at the opening - add a sweet-fresh touch to the dusty, golden, warm heart of the amber accord. Besides being rather “simple”, Ambra is also quite dry and dark, with the peculiar and quite unique exoticism of many of the best Etro’s: a sort of mystical austerity with a nostalgic touch, scented with echoes of church incense and aged woods, especially on the (fantastic) drydown. This dusty and sort of “antique” nostalgic feel is reinforced by a vaguely musky-earthy note which I can’t identify precisely, perhaps is just more of a general feel, but it is quite a peculiar and memorable feature of this scent (and other Etro’s actually). Really pleasant to wear for sure: as many amber-based scents it is undoubtedly cozy, warm and effortlessly refined, unpretentious and totally un-challenging, but classy and distinctive in its elegant and warm sophistication. Surely more fascinating than others, if you ask me, even if not that creative - but with such a straightforward name, you wouldn't expect that. Sadly it does not last that long, at least in its vintage EDC concentration, but as long as it lasts it remains rich and vibrant, and quite worth the wear. A (perhaps underrated) must for all amber lovers.

30th December, 2014
Smooth, vanillic, golden; this is my holy grail amber. I searched through countless ambers and found it. I have an old, vintage bottle which is very intense and superb. Just beautiful.
29th March, 2014
JDBIII Show all reviews
This is a very odd beast. I like it quite a bit and have worn it often, but it is a rubbery amber, almost as if the resins and gums have been cooked a bit. Don't get me wrong, it's still sweet and rich, but it is also a little playful. The drydown is fairly linear but very warm and comforting, not exotic in the least. I would recommend this for evening wear. It's a bit too rich for the office.
07th February, 2010

Kchild Show all reviews
I love Amber in all sorts of interpretations but this is my favorite by far. I love it's simplicity. I love that it's soft and still androgynous.It layers beautifully and I am one of THOSE people~always layering. I can wear it alone and not feel as if I'm missing something as well. It's light w/out being powdery~which is a nice trick. I have found that to be the exception and not the rule. Did I mention that this is my favorite?
25th March, 2009