Positive Reviews of Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

Find out more about Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

claytonmarionneaux's avatar
    claytonmarionneaux

This is very spicy and fresh! Its a very masculine scent that will easily draw people in, it may be overly used but its used a lot for a reason...this smells very sexy! A man of confident's, a man that knows you only live once, a man that is..Fierce!!!

08 February, 2014 (Last Edited: 19 February, 2014)

's avatar

Spray it in your hair, spray it on your junk, brush your teeth with it.

This fragrance has literally became my favorite scent on the market. I have many niche fragrances but I keep coming back to FIERCE. FIERCE only gets a bad rep because it is associated with AandF which is targeted toward vapid, narcissistic teens. A timeless scent doesn't have an age group on it, this fragrance can be worn by any man, at any age. Personally, this absolutely DESTROYS ANY Creed or any other over-rated OVER HYPED niche cologne out there!!! TRUST ME! Want to attract the girls? Skip the over-hyped niche colognes and get FIERCE. It has so much potential, but instead people wear it like Axe, spray a ton on in the morning before school, then overwhelm everyone while you think you smell amazing. But all is not lost, because if you wear this around a more mature crowd - the sort of crowd where you'll actually find real, quality women, then it can be the truly amazing scent that it is.

FIERCE has set a new standard of excellence in the world of fragrance that few colognes can match.

Pros:
    Cons: None"

17 October, 2013

Izzie's avatar
    Izzie

Complete waste of money

This smells like a glorified bodyspray. You might as well save your cash and buy some Axe. Extremely irritating to smell after a while, it's far too strong. If anyone in close vicinity has oversprayed (basically anything more than one spray from a distance is overspraying with this), you can practically taste it in the air it's so strong.

The same type of girls who like this? Will like Axe. So, do yourself a favor and either buy a can of Axe for next to nothing, or look around for a better scent.

12 August, 2013

Nosey49's avatar
    Nosey49

I Don't Get Fierce

I don't get the hype about Fierce. The other day I travelled 100 miles round trip to the nearest A&F store just to try it. What a disappointment! It may be my chemistry, but to me it smells a bit like a very weak, synthetic, sour version of GIT. Could it have been the tester?

What am I missing?

Pros: Reputation
    Cons: Doesn't Smell Good

05 July, 2013

TXAggie's avatar
    TXAggie

I love this one and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. If you take away the connection to the store, I don't see how the reviewers claim this is for the under 25 crowd. This is the only fragrance that I have that has drawn a compliment from another man at work. Longevity has been very good on my skin and much better than Mont Blanc Legend, which I feel is a very similar scent.

29 November, 2012

Velma's avatar
    Velma

I Love this fragrance. It's citrusy yet woodsy and fresh. Smells like an antique store or walking through a woods full of pine trees. Used to wear it every day until I discovered Zara 9.71

05 July, 2012

TOONS1200's avatar
    TOONS1200

well, for all those still in high school up until the age of twenty five or so, if you're looking for a fragrance that will allure the ladies..look no further

a beautifully well crafted citrus,woods and spice fragrance. it was my signature scent for five years

28 February, 2012

djvix805's avatar
    djvix805
    Mexico Mexico

Although this one is very popular, it does the trick and does it well. It is a mixture, it is right on the line of young and classy. However, I feel this may be more suitable for those under 25, not neccesarily because it has a young smell but because it seems very trendy with them and many know it as that.

My Rating (1-5):
    Longetivity: 3.5
    Projection: 3
    Scent: 4

Overall: 3.5

26 January, 2012

Mr.Smellin.Good's avatar
    Mr.Smellin.Good

This is actually a very nice scent, despite A&F blasting it through their stores, and just might be one of my favorites right now. I find that it's similiar to the original Curve for men, but with more class and sophistication. Longevity and sillage is pretty good on this as well which gives it a thumbs up in my book.

31st December, 2011

dark phoenix 123's avatar
    dark phoenix 123
    Singapore Singapore

smells young, atheletic, musculine and sexy to me (perhaps of its association with all the A&F ads). would consider it the same genre as tommy. personally, i love it!

23 December, 2011

rok's avatar
    rok

"THE BEST" fragrance iv ever had... Smells very masculine and unique in a lemon and citrusy way... Cant get better than this... Quite expensive, cost me about £80 included postage etc.. Worth every penny.. Not easy to find in the UK, I think it's only available online from here.. If u haven't tried this the go get it!!

20th October, 2011

Craftsman's avatar
    Craftsman

Fresh and lemony, to my nose its a very pleasant fragrance. It seems to be quite clear to most here that it is more of a younger persons scent.
    First when had a whiff of it, it reminded of some other scent that ive smelled years ago in
    90`s. Like to hear comments, if there might be a cousin for this?
    I live in Finland "cold north", and regarding to other reviews consider my self a lucky person at least till now. If or when it gets here, I quess its a bomb specially for the younger crowd.

12 September, 2011

dallasfan's avatar
    dallasfan

This fragrance is great for a mall cologne, and for being a cologne not an eau de tiollete it lasts long. It is strong though so i would recommend 2 sprays. It last 8 plus hours. The top lasts for like1-2 hours. I don't like the top that much, but when it drys down and it's a little lighter it smells much better IMO. I'd give it a 9/10.

25 March, 2011

foetidus

I didn’t expect Fierce to be bad, nor did I expect to love it – it met my expectations, but I like it better than I thought I would. With the first spray, I recognized it immediately from smelling it in shopping malls. It’s a nice fragrance for a young man in that, although it is typical of several of the more modern offerings, it is done a bit better than most. It’s opening is a competent citrus accord with a bit of warming spice – cardamom. Its textured floral middle level is masculine enough and the touch of rosemary adds considerably to the depth of the fragrance by cooling the warm florals. I really enjoy the base and make special note of the rosewood and oakmoss… it’s a pleasure to find those two modernly unpopular notes used so well in this kind of fragrance. I like this Fierce and, as others have said, I think the bottle is a bit much.

20th July, 2010

09DannyH's avatar
    09DannyH

A great teenage and college/university fragrance. It gets the girls, trust me. They will follow you in a pack. However, I have found that after about 2 hours it stays extremely close to the skin, but longevity is awesome on this one. I'm getting 8+ hours on my skin, so you go out to the club, find a girl because everyone in the room can smell you, you take her back to your place and as she's nuzzled in your arms she can smell you, but she's not dying from the fumes. This is probably the best "clothing store fragrance" I have ever smelled.

A++++

17 July, 2010

bruce27's avatar
    bruce27

This is without a doubt so good it makes me ANGRY ! What angers me about this will anger others from America that love this fragrance like I do. Well, for those that don't live in America I will tell you if you own this fragrance you will be a lucky guy that has a one of kind fragrance as I gather this isn't sold in other countries. So you don't get the back lash we do of it being from a Teenie-bopper store that is fad oriented, and anything that is known as a fad becomes played out before long. It sucks when a fragrance is known as a fad because even if the fragrance is the best in the world sooner or later there will be a back lash against it. This happened in the 80's with Polo (green bottle), and Drakkar. I remember one day it was ..."WOW you smell so good", and 6 months later in a nasty snear the same person smelling the same scent would say ... "ewwww are you wearing Polo". Fierce has been somewhat lumped into this category. However, since Polo wasn't linked to a specific store for Teenie-boppers it was aloud to resurface and now can be worn now and then without negative comments, but with getting compliments as many don't know this fragrance anymore. Will Fierce be able to do the same ?

This is a bright-sillage bomb that fades after the first application only to reappear with a VENGENCE and stay all day long ! Longevity on this stuff is great ! This is a sexy, woman attracting cologne, that's addictive to smell, and if this was made by a more well known and respected house I'm sure it still would have been over used. It smells that good ! However, at least you could be okay with the store you were buying it from haha. This isn't just a young guy fragrance. It's just a good fragrance period ! Old and young can get a kick out of this one. I would say that many go on a quest to find the best cologne out there or at least close to the best. However, unfortunately when they find it it's a over used fad cologne from a store people can't stand ! So now the same people are secretly in a search for a cologne that smells like Fierce, but that comes from a better store ! A store they can live with shopping at !

Buy it, wear it, and enjoy it ! Just make sure you only wear a little because a little goes along way. Also make sure you wear it only to certin places if you're in American with a AF store down the street. Just judge the situation for yourself and you should be fine. If you're not from America you just foud the BOMBDIGADEE of Frangraces, so wear it any time you want ! THIS STUFF IT GREAT !

14 May, 2010

Dr. Fragrance's avatar
    Dr. Fragrance

I love this fragrance. For me it smells like the bottle shows (enen though I found the bottle a bit strange): sporty and sexy. And the reaction of the opposite sex confirm this.

Also I found it wrong to say it's only for younger people. I would say it suits well to sporty people with a fresh expression, no matter what age.

So in my opinion, great fragrance!

29 April, 2010

jcastano's avatar
    jcastano

I dont' care what anyone hating on A&F Fierce says! I absolutely love this cologne! Imagine what a cologne would smell like if Curve by Liz Claiborne and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste had a baby. That's A&F Fierce! Yes it's youthful, yes it's common, yes it's banal, yes it's a "mall scent" but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a modern day classic, at least for me.
    The opening has a citrusy mossy accord that remains throughout the fragrance life, however, you don't actually smell any heavy citrus as say the scent of a lemon or an orange. It's not sweet nor tart by any means but rather just bares those tendencies of citrus without actually smelling as though. It's hard to explain. The heart notes, well, to be honest, I don't get much of the heart notes on my skin. On me, it just transitions from the top to the base. As the drydown becomes more prominent, the light musk and hint of amber remain under the dominant/heavy woody notes along with the untart/unsweetened citrus moss. It's quite beautiful and by far the woodiest fragrance I've ever smelled and also the sharpest wood fragrance I've ever smelled.
    As far as projection and longevity go, both are way above average and the compliments speak for itself and though it doesn't cost cheap, you're definitely paying for quality, trust me. If I had a dime for the many compliments I've received from this, well, I'd be a millionaire! Anyone from an adolescent to an adult up to the age of 35 can pull this off, even though I don't think anyone over 25 would try this out and it's a darn shame! Maybe the fact that all the teens wearing this do not understand the concept of over applying cologne that has ruined this scent for you, or maybe it's the fact that whenever you pass by an A&F store, the scent of this cologne is blaring out of the entrance way. Whatever your reason, if not admissibly justified, it's at least worth the try. Spritz your hand, walk around, and see what you might think of it then. You might be surprised! Overall rating from me, A- Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 25 May, 2011)

Soul_Music's avatar
    Soul_Music

Being from the UK, i've never seen an A&C store, or cologne.

This stuff isn't cheap, but it doesn't smell cheap either. I really really like this stuff, fresh yet musky, i get how girls really like this, which is definately a brucey bonus!

Very likeable, i'd give it 8.5 out of 10

19 February, 2010

Sergiu25's avatar
    Sergiu25

Very nice take on 'fresh'. Generic yet unique.. hard to describe. Smells like an Abercrombie store so it is quite common but it receives some nice compliments and smells very lively.

05 February, 2010

Andrew777's avatar
    Andrew777

Well here goes my first of many reviews.

Fierce is a great smelling cologne that every woman under the age of 25 loves and can actually probably say, "hey you smell like abercrombie."

For some people that would be a good thing...and some would hate it.

This cologne starts of interesting and doesn't change all that much as it settles out. It starts sorta synthetic orange and lemon I guess but it actuallly works and smells great. As it dries down it doesn't change much except it does lose it's sharp synthetic note and is replaced with some nice musk. Longevity is another strong point on this cologne. I can do two or three sprays and it'll last 6-7 hours easy on skin. This is above average as I can usually get 4 hours out of most frags.

Yes this is a fragrance aimed solely at teens. But does that make it bad? Absolutely not. This smells great and there is not one female who will say she doesn't like it.

31st January, 2010

kpointer101's avatar
    kpointer101

Ok, I am 28 years old and I know that A&F is geared towards a younger demographic. But this fragrance is absolutely fantastic. Sillage is excellent, and longevity is great. I can smell this on my clothes the next day. I have never had so many people ask me what cologne I was wearing, and have had friends of mine go purchase this after smelling it on me. I don't know if it is just my chemistry, but this is by far the best smelling cologne I have encountered. Ever. As far as the comparo to Terre d'Hermes, I do not get the corrolation. The Fabio picture on the bottle is off-putting, but it peels right off!

21st January, 2010

Sabres21768's avatar
    Sabres21768

FANTASTIC SCENT!

Is everyone wearing it? Yep..BUT WHO CARES!

It's still one of the best compliment getters ever.

And besides that...it's just a damn great smelling scent.

Perfect for warm weather as it projects well.

08 January, 2010

gravedigger117's avatar
    gravedigger117

I'm from Europe and have never come across any Abercrombie & Fitch product, let alone Fierce. To me, if I like a fragrance I don't care whether it's cheap (referring to bothe quality and price) or expensive, nonamesomething or top shelf, for yougner crowd or senior ones so I wasn't biased against A&F. 2 days ago I got Fierce and at the first sniff it was a no no - smelt soapy and cheap as something like Rexona deo spray for 3$. I didn't feel any development on the skin though the longevity was amazingly good - after 8-10 hours I could still detect it on my skin (vaguely but still). 1 spray on clothes remained much longer. Anyway, after having received and tested it I wrote a review giving 2 stars out of 5 and thumbs down criticizing the lack of development, cheap ingredients, overpricing and overblown positive feedback of this generic scent but fortunetely basenotes didn't publish my fierce essay against it;) Today I sprayed it once more and detected something more than soapy smell. I even detect a little bit of faint Egoiste Platinum notes and Boss no.6 (bottled). Who knows what else I will detect tomorrow/ in a week... Strange... For this reason I rechecked my rating to 4 stars and I am giving it thumbs up. I still think that it's definitely not worth the price I have decided to give it a second chance. If it helps understand this review more (I think it does) I'm turning 30 years of age so I'm not definitely the target group of Fierce and my personal favourites are Mania Armani and Chanel Allure Sport. This should help understand my point of view/taste.

28 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 30th October, 2009)

Celsius32's avatar
    Celsius32
    Israel Israel

This is a good fragrance, no matter what way you look at it. If I could put it into a metaphor: it reminds me
    of catchy modern pop classic hit song - it will never be considered as a true "classic", but everyone likes it nonetheless.
    People tend to forget that behind these "clothes-brand fragrances" is the same "nose" that has created polo blue (in this case).
    Very decent staying power, and the same with projection. Bottle design is not worth mentioning.

25 October, 2009

jdnba's avatar
    jdnba

women do in fact love it...the first few times i wore it i was slightly put off, but the dry down for me saves it. The dry down is a very subtle musk that comes off of you in waves. I have received many compliments on this one and I keep it as my "car cologne" to freshen up at the end of long day for my final sales calls of the day

04 October, 2009

Supergrown's avatar
    Supergrown

If you haven't visited an Abercrombie store then this is one of those fragrances that not only smells like a dark designer-store, but one that is to me a super subtle, sophisticated and a clean smell. I live in the UK and this always reminds me of my holiday to California so I never get tired of it - I feel I can wear this throughout the year, always impressing people. I'm new here so I would appreciate somebody to recommend me similar smells to this.

I find that it's one of those fragrances that everybody can smell on you but you never seem to, which I guess for some people is a good thing.

The bottle is definalty less appealing than the fragrance. I'll keep this in my wardrobe for a very long time until the Brits recognise it as a store too.

26 September, 2009

Jackisblack's avatar
    Jackisblack

Ahh love this one, started using it a couple years ago and i still love the way it works! Yes, you get the comments of, "you smell like abercrombie," but who cares if people still love it and you smell good!!! pretty good longevity and good enough projection to get noticed! Citrus yet woodsy at the same time kinda like my personality! lol.

11th September, 2009

chamelion's avatar
    chamelion

lots of sharp citrus and the best musk i have ever smelled in a cologne with some nondescript woodsy and spicy edges to give this stuff a unique and sexy edge

its probably one of the BEST colognes ever made and although ive heard about this stuff being overused its amazing stuff and its lasting power is VERY long and sillage is perfect

i have it in my wardrobe and LOVE it and have NO complaints

28 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 05 October, 2009)

d_duffy7's avatar
    d_duffy7

Very common, more of a teenager scent, but I still like it.

Always complimented. Feel like I'm smellin good when I walk out the house.

Do I think it smells good? 5/5