Reviews of Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

Find out more about Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

09DannyH's avatar

A great teenage and college/university fragrance. It gets the girls, trust me. They will follow you in a pack. However, I have found that after about 2 hours it stays extremely close to the skin, but longevity is awesome on this one. I'm getting 8+ hours on my skin, so you go out to the club, find a girl because everyone in the room can smell you, you take her back to your place and as she's nuzzled in your arms she can smell you, but she's not dying from the fumes. This is probably the best "clothing store fragrance" I have ever smelled.

A++++

17 July, 2010

Stereotomy's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Big 'meh' after finally trying this one out. Not that it's a bad fragrance for teenagers or young adults, it's just that this theme, a woody aquatic, has been done before.

I can imagine a lot of teenage girls swooning for this one.

09 June, 2010

bruce27's avatar

This is without a doubt so good it makes me ANGRY ! What angers me about this will anger others from America that love this fragrance like I do. Well, for those that don't live in America I will tell you if you own this fragrance you will be a lucky guy that has a one of kind fragrance as I gather this isn't sold in other countries. So you don't get the back lash we do of it being from a Teenie-bopper store that is fad oriented, and anything that is known as a fad becomes played out before long. It sucks when a fragrance is known as a fad because even if the fragrance is the best in the world sooner or later there will be a back lash against it. This happened in the 80's with Polo (green bottle), and Drakkar. I remember one day it was ..."WOW you smell so good", and 6 months later in a nasty snear the same person smelling the same scent would say ... "ewwww are you wearing Polo". Fierce has been somewhat lumped into this category. However, since Polo wasn't linked to a specific store for Teenie-boppers it was aloud to resurface and now can be worn now and then without negative comments, but with getting compliments as many don't know this fragrance anymore. Will Fierce be able to do the same ?

This is a bright-sillage bomb that fades after the first application only to reappear with a VENGENCE and stay all day long ! Longevity on this stuff is great ! This is a sexy, woman attracting cologne, that's addictive to smell, and if this was made by a more well known and respected house I'm sure it still would have been over used. It smells that good ! However, at least you could be okay with the store you were buying it from haha. This isn't just a young guy fragrance. It's just a good fragrance period ! Old and young can get a kick out of this one. I would say that many go on a quest to find the best cologne out there or at least close to the best. However, unfortunately when they find it it's a over used fad cologne from a store people can't stand ! So now the same people are secretly in a search for a cologne that smells like Fierce, but that comes from a better store ! A store they can live with shopping at !

Buy it, wear it, and enjoy it ! Just make sure you only wear a little because a little goes along way. Also make sure you wear it only to certin places if you're in American with a AF store down the street. Just judge the situation for yourself and you should be fine. If you're not from America you just foud the BOMBDIGADEE of Frangraces, so wear it any time you want ! THIS STUFF IT GREAT !

14 May, 2010

Dr. Fragrance's avatar

I love this fragrance. For me it smells like the bottle shows (enen though I found the bottle a bit strange): sporty and sexy. And the reaction of the opposite sex confirm this.

Also I found it wrong to say it's only for younger people. I would say it suits well to sporty people with a fresh expression, no matter what age.

So in my opinion, great fragrance!

29 April, 2010

jcastano's avatar

I dont' care what anyone hating on A&F Fierce says! I absolutely love this cologne! Imagine what a cologne would smell like if Curve by Liz Claiborne and Chanel's Platinum Egoiste had a baby. That's A&F Fierce! Yes it's youthful, yes it's common, yes it's banal, yes it's a "mall scent" but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's a modern day classic, at least for me.
    The opening has a citrusy mossy accord that remains throughout the fragrance life, however, you don't actually smell any heavy citrus as say the scent of a lemon or an orange. It's not sweet nor tart by any means but rather just bares those tendencies of citrus without actually smelling as though. It's hard to explain. The heart notes, well, to be honest, I don't get much of the heart notes on my skin. On me, it just transitions from the top to the base. As the drydown becomes more prominent, the light musk and hint of amber remain under the dominant/heavy woody notes along with the untart/unsweetened citrus moss. It's quite beautiful and by far the woodiest fragrance I've ever smelled and also the sharpest wood fragrance I've ever smelled.
    As far as projection and longevity go, both are way above average and the compliments speak for itself and though it doesn't cost cheap, you're definitely paying for quality, trust me. If I had a dime for the many compliments I've received from this, well, I'd be a millionaire! Anyone from an adolescent to an adult up to the age of 35 can pull this off, even though I don't think anyone over 25 would try this out and it's a darn shame! Maybe the fact that all the teens wearing this do not understand the concept of over applying cologne that has ruined this scent for you, or maybe it's the fact that whenever you pass by an A&F store, the scent of this cologne is blaring out of the entrance way. Whatever your reason, if not admissibly justified, it's at least worth the try. Spritz your hand, walk around, and see what you might think of it then. You might be surprised! Overall rating from me, A- Buy it, you won't be disappointed!

08 April, 2010 (Last Edited: 25 May, 2011)

furrandfeathers's avatar

Japan Japan

ewwhhh.... sorry... just the smell and the name... it's like high school jock boys, just use axe or lynx deodorant instead

06 March, 2010

Soul_Music's avatar

Being from the UK, i've never seen an A&C store, or cologne.

This stuff isn't cheap, but it doesn't smell cheap either. I really really like this stuff, fresh yet musky, i get how girls really like this, which is definately a brucey bonus!

Very likeable, i'd give it 8.5 out of 10

19 February, 2010

Sergiu25's avatar

Very nice take on 'fresh'. Generic yet unique.. hard to describe. Smells like an Abercrombie store so it is quite common but it receives some nice compliments and smells very lively.

05 February, 2010

Andrew777's avatar

Well here goes my first of many reviews.

Fierce is a great smelling cologne that every woman under the age of 25 loves and can actually probably say, "hey you smell like abercrombie."

For some people that would be a good thing...and some would hate it.

This cologne starts of interesting and doesn't change all that much as it settles out. It starts sorta synthetic orange and lemon I guess but it actuallly works and smells great. As it dries down it doesn't change much except it does lose it's sharp synthetic note and is replaced with some nice musk. Longevity is another strong point on this cologne. I can do two or three sprays and it'll last 6-7 hours easy on skin. This is above average as I can usually get 4 hours out of most frags.

Yes this is a fragrance aimed solely at teens. But does that make it bad? Absolutely not. This smells great and there is not one female who will say she doesn't like it.

31st January, 2010

kpointer101's avatar

Ok, I am 28 years old and I know that A&F is geared towards a younger demographic. But this fragrance is absolutely fantastic. Sillage is excellent, and longevity is great. I can smell this on my clothes the next day. I have never had so many people ask me what cologne I was wearing, and have had friends of mine go purchase this after smelling it on me. I don't know if it is just my chemistry, but this is by far the best smelling cologne I have encountered. Ever. As far as the comparo to Terre d'Hermes, I do not get the corrolation. The Fabio picture on the bottle is off-putting, but it peels right off!

21st January, 2010

Sabres21768's avatar

FANTASTIC SCENT!

Is everyone wearing it? Yep..BUT WHO CARES!

It's still one of the best compliment getters ever.

And besides that...it's just a damn great smelling scent.

Perfect for warm weather as it projects well.

08 January, 2010

CaucasionLad's avatar

Eh, my second and last teenage department store fragrance. It was a gift! -phew-, but hey...at least it doesn't smell repulsive, but instead of attracting women, it seems to attract young girls and therefor, if followed up on, the police..if you get my drift! This scent is definitely made for the high school crowd!

17 November, 2009

gravedigger117's avatar

I'm from Europe and have never come across any Abercrombie & Fitch product, let alone Fierce. To me, if I like a fragrance I don't care whether it's cheap (referring to bothe quality and price) or expensive, nonamesomething or top shelf, for yougner crowd or senior ones so I wasn't biased against A&F. 2 days ago I got Fierce and at the first sniff it was a no no - smelt soapy and cheap as something like Rexona deo spray for 3$. I didn't feel any development on the skin though the longevity was amazingly good - after 8-10 hours I could still detect it on my skin (vaguely but still). 1 spray on clothes remained much longer. Anyway, after having received and tested it I wrote a review giving 2 stars out of 5 and thumbs down criticizing the lack of development, cheap ingredients, overpricing and overblown positive feedback of this generic scent but fortunetely basenotes didn't publish my fierce essay against it;) Today I sprayed it once more and detected something more than soapy smell. I even detect a little bit of faint Egoiste Platinum notes and Boss no.6 (bottled). Who knows what else I will detect tomorrow/ in a week... Strange... For this reason I rechecked my rating to 4 stars and I am giving it thumbs up. I still think that it's definitely not worth the price I have decided to give it a second chance. If it helps understand this review more (I think it does) I'm turning 30 years of age so I'm not definitely the target group of Fierce and my personal favourites are Mania Armani and Chanel Allure Sport. This should help understand my point of view/taste.

28 October, 2009 (Last Edited: 30th October, 2009)

Celsius32's avatar

Israel Israel

This is a good fragrance, no matter what way you look at it. If I could put it into a metaphor: it reminds me
    of catchy modern pop classic hit song - it will never be considered as a true "classic", but everyone likes it nonetheless.
    People tend to forget that behind these "clothes-brand fragrances" is the same "nose" that has created polo blue (in this case).
    Very decent staying power, and the same with projection. Bottle design is not worth mentioning.

25 October, 2009

jdnba's avatar

women do in fact love it...the first few times i wore it i was slightly put off, but the dry down for me saves it. The dry down is a very subtle musk that comes off of you in waves. I have received many compliments on this one and I keep it as my "car cologne" to freshen up at the end of long day for my final sales calls of the day

04 October, 2009

Supergrown's avatar

If you haven't visited an Abercrombie store then this is one of those fragrances that not only smells like a dark designer-store, but one that is to me a super subtle, sophisticated and a clean smell. I live in the UK and this always reminds me of my holiday to California so I never get tired of it - I feel I can wear this throughout the year, always impressing people. I'm new here so I would appreciate somebody to recommend me similar smells to this.

I find that it's one of those fragrances that everybody can smell on you but you never seem to, which I guess for some people is a good thing.

The bottle is definalty less appealing than the fragrance. I'll keep this in my wardrobe for a very long time until the Brits recognise it as a store too.

26 September, 2009

Jackisblack's avatar

Ahh love this one, started using it a couple years ago and i still love the way it works! Yes, you get the comments of, "you smell like abercrombie," but who cares if people still love it and you smell good!!! pretty good longevity and good enough projection to get noticed! Citrus yet woodsy at the same time kinda like my personality! lol.

11th September, 2009

warlandsboy's avatar

Wow! "Fierce" is definately a fitting name to describe this fragrance. I'll admit I haven't had the chance (and am slightly afraid) of applying this directly to my skin out of fear I will smell exactly like a walking A&F store, which btw is not that bad. I had a friend who doused his entire apartment with the stuff so, atm, I am a bit turned off by it. Would like to try again though.

04 September, 2009

chamelion's avatar

lots of sharp citrus and the best musk i have ever smelled in a cologne with some nondescript woodsy and spicy edges to give this stuff a unique and sexy edge

its probably one of the BEST colognes ever made and although ive heard about this stuff being overused its amazing stuff and its lasting power is VERY long and sillage is perfect

i have it in my wardrobe and LOVE it and have NO complaints

28 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 05 October, 2009)

epicurean's avatar

I never knew if it was the blasting music at all A&F stores, or Fierce that gave me headaches after about 10 minutes. I think it was Fierce, after having experienced it over the course of a whole evening on someone at a party last year. Too bad, because the intentions are good with this woody-spicy but yet sharp scent. In the end, it must be cheap ingredients used that induce headaches, something I've experienced before when non-essential oils are used in diffusers, and not high-quality oils. Anyway, good intentions here with this scent, but as one other critic here has posted, it does smell cheap.

15 August, 2009

d_duffy7's avatar

Very common, more of a teenager scent, but I still like it.

Always complimented. Feel like I'm smellin good when I walk out the house.

Do I think it smells good? 5/5
    Compliments from the ladies? 5/5
    Overall 5/5

24 July, 2009

CanwllCorfe's avatar

This scent, despite it's excessive popularity, is a pretty good one! It was one of my first colognes and one that I still enjoy. However the top notes are far too brash for my liking. The latter part of the heart and all through the base is where I thouroughly enjoy this frag. I would probably wear it much more if it wasn't for the idea that so many people have it and know it so well.

15 July, 2009

Velorium's avatar

A lot of people seem to like this in the summer but for whatever reason I feel it's more of a wintry scent. To me it smells fresh and is more akin to a colder icy surrounding than anything else. I really like this scent but as it's AF's flagship cologne and smell, it ruins my appeal to it, hence my neutral rating.

13 July, 2009

Nub's avatar

Very synthetic smelling, not a big fan but ladies seem to love it. Not a bad scent but smells cheap.

10th July, 2009

dw1243's avatar

The stores reek of it and the bottle is one reason your girlfriend might suspect you're gay, not a bad smell just put out into the market rather poorly.Hopefully Hollister and all the like stores will learn that cologne is not made to douse the racks with

12 June, 2009

Buzzlepuff's avatar

Fierce is a great choice for warmer weather with a synthetically ramped up cool mentolated citrus wood scent. Fierce is one of a small group of few newer and improved fragrances of this type (Bulgari Aq. Marine, Stetson All American, Versace PH, Ice*Men, Allure PH Sport) that are so much better than the earlier pioneer 90's scents of this type (Eternity, AdGio). Fierce is well balanced, very alluring, inoffensive, refreshing and has no sharp edges or heavy statements to its structure at all. A great generic summer fragrance. There is even a nice dry oakmoss wood drydown which stays very close to the skin and subtle.

The big problem with Fierce, for me, is the incredibly tacky bottle/image that shows the Abercrombie bare chested youth torso on the bottle front. Who wants that sitting on their shelf?? The bottle design probably drives off more customers than the scent attracts! Another example of destruction by art direction. Visable from either side, this image screams immaturity. But, with a careful peel and pull motion I was able to remove the clear plastic label that coats the front of the bottle leaving a clean, respectably minimal glass bottle that only betrays its contents with one word on the front - Fierce. A huge improvement! I should offer my services to Abercrombie to consult on how to create a wider audience for this pretty good summer fragrance by fixing this error in brand image design. A decent fragrance anyway.

12 April, 2009

Regis Philbin's avatar

I don't know who you an dislike this fragrance. If anything, most of the negative reviews are due to the fact it's from Abercrombie. If Chanel or some other reputable company distributed this, it'd be like VERY much here at basenotes ;D

20th March, 2009

Somerville Metro Man's avatar

Abercrombie & Fitch Fierce

Anybody who has shopped in a mall in the US that contains an Abercrombie & Fitch has smelled Fierce. Some stores pump it through their ventilation and others have SA's who have the job of spraying the mannequins every 20-30 minutes. As a red-blooded shopper I knew what I was going to get. As far as mass-acceptance scents go I think this is pretty good. Cristophe Laudamiel will always be better known for Burberry London, Theo Fennell Scent or S-ex here on Basenotes, but Fierce is far from an embarassment and in its ability to connect with a wider audience might be a more difficult task. That is for the philosophers to decide. For me, Fierce starts out with an agressive mix of citrus and spice. When it comes to the ubiquitous fresh top that seems to be desired these days this is a nice variation on that theme. Fierce then transitions into a pretty generic woody heart this is the least interesting phase of the development. The base is the best part as a combination of musk and amber weave together quite nicely. This is very much a young man's scent, appropriate to where it is being sold. I can't see going through this bottle very quickly but I also don't see getting rid of it as I have had far worse scents on my skin.

28 February, 2009

A.K.Holder's avatar

As a young man and also owner of this fragrance, I will say this. I would not wear this around a girl older than myself as it is a 'youthful' cologne or around a girl who was raised to recognize cheap from classy. It is good for college parties, but not for dates. The good news is that most college girls don't understand what good cologne smells like, so this is fine to use until you get to the real world.

18 February, 2009

lodea's avatar

This is also my husbands cologne. For whatever reason (chemistry, maybe?) I really am attracted to this scent. It is very fresh, woody & clean-spice smell. This is inly my second review, so my apologies if this is not so helpful.. I'm learning!!

08 February, 2009