Reviews of Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

I think it's OK. Every teenager smells like this but it's not offensive in small doses.
18th September, 2015
Definitely a great scent if you're a teenager, but once you reach a certain age you SHOULD really not wear it... I've bumped into a lot of men in their late 40s who wear this... This is really not for you, I believe the age limit for this is under 22. I have gotten plenty of compliments when wearing this even though it reminds me a lot to "Legend" by Mont Blanc.
19th June, 2014
This is very spicy and fresh! Its a very masculine scent that will easily draw people in, it may be overly used but its used a lot for a reason...this smells very sexy! A man of confident's, a man that knows you only live once, a man that is..Fierce!!!
08th February, 2014 (last edited: 19th February, 2014)

If there is one word to define this scent is "Puerile": It makes me to think of self-centered, immature, childish individuals that are too rich to care with a hollow mind bent in satisfying their own urges without respect for society's rules.
Probably this is due to the image of A&F catering for the rich, immature youth and nothing to do with the perfume itself which actually is pleasant and very masculine.
It would not suit me, an old fart, but I can see why is so popular.
Another thing I dislike about this perfume, and has nothing to do with the scent proper, is its bottle, it is disgusting.
In summary, all the negative that I find on this perfume has nothing to do with the actual scent, therefore I can not rate it with a thumbs down, so it gets a neutral from me.
19th January, 2014
It opens with a synthetic citrus and then gets woodier and muskier in the basenotes.

It smells like a cheap drug store fragrance that would appeal to teenagers. Longevity and projection though are good but I'm not impressed by the cheap smell.
07th December, 2013
A wonderful scent for beefcake's everywhere.

And children.

It's a great smell, that immediately associates with a negative stigma of fraternities and high schoolers. I wouldn't use this anytime soon, but it is a good scent.
02nd November, 2013
Spray it in your hair, spray it on your junk, brush your teeth with it.

This fragrance has literally became my favorite scent on the market. I have many niche fragrances but I keep coming back to FIERCE. FIERCE only gets a bad rep because it is associated with AandF which is targeted toward vapid, narcissistic teens. A timeless scent doesn't have an age group on it, this fragrance can be worn by any man, at any age. Personally, this absolutely DESTROYS ANY Creed or any other over-rated OVER HYPED niche cologne out there!!! TRUST ME! Want to attract the girls? Skip the over-hyped niche colognes and get FIERCE. It has so much potential, but instead people wear it like Axe, spray a ton on in the morning before school, then overwhelm everyone while you think you smell amazing. But all is not lost, because if you wear this around a more mature crowd - the sort of crowd where you'll actually find real, quality women, then it can be the truly amazing scent that it is.

FIERCE has set a new standard of excellence in the world of fragrance that few colognes can match.

Cons: None"

17th October, 2013
A great fragrance, with a fierce history

First cologne that I entirely went through. For good reason, but also for bad.

+ Very well blended base woodsy tones. These tones are excellently blended. Most men like woody scents, and this is not short in that department.

+ The top is citrussy and spicy, which definitely is an attention getter. These notes compliment the "woods" appropriately.

+ This is a compliment getter from only women...which is something that most dudes would also like. It pushes men away, and brings the ladies in. Every time I have worn it, I have gotten attention from it. It is just one of those fragrances. It lives up to the hype, at least it does on my skin.

+ This is the stuff that sells AandF clothing. This is what lures teenagers and tweens alike. This is the stuff that will make venus purr.

+ Great silage, longevity, and projection.

But, it has its drawbacks.

- This is not unique. Because of the success of the cologne and some fabulous marketing, it is popular, and well known to the population's nose. Anyone under 30 is familiar with it. Possibly older populations know of it as well. This is one scent I guarantee you HAVE SMELT BEFORE at some place in your life. And will to for years to come.

- Thanks to a series of fraternity rapes, where this actually has been mentioned, it has a stigma as a rapist cologne. And rightly so in my opinion. It happened at my college, as I hear many others. The image and narcissistic individuals who wear/buy into AandF also wear this doesn't help this fragrance's cause.

- Meatheads and 40 year old stalkers wear this a lot. I dont need to say more, because this is true.

- The picture. For the record, if you do actually peel off the picture of abs, you just might have issues. I personally hate the picture, because it is just sleazy marketing and an easy cash-cow. Consumers should demand more of any fragrance, no matter the age. Additionally, it comes off as...well...soft.

- The CEO of AandF is an asshole and you are an asshole if you buy this product for any reason. You know it, I know it, and your dog knows it. You are buying into the "We don't like fat people working in our stores or wearing our clothes" mentality because you are funding that frequently mentioned quote.

- Because of these factors, only the unexperienced will be diving into it. Ie. You are a teen. If you are over 22 you should not be wearing this fragrance. You are only as mature as the bottle. If you are swooned by this image and what I have mentioned before, then go for it. You would actually be a perfect fit and it would be a fit for you.

= Whenever you are putting this on, people think of all the things I just listed. But oh, those woody tones smell so, so very good. Which is a shame, because this is, overall, a great fragrance. I will admit it. I hate to write a review that is inherently biased. I wanted to like this. I really did. But socially, everything I listed is in the background, because that is what I hear when that guy who is over loaded on "Fierce" walks into the room.

Fierce is impossible to wear because of the history of the scent and of AandF. Unless you are a rapist.

Pros: Compliment getter, Great Woodsy Tones
Cons: Likely reformulated, Bottle Image, Stigma, Almost everyone has knows scent"

03rd October, 2013
Complete waste of money

This smells like a glorified bodyspray. You might as well save your cash and buy some Axe. Extremely irritating to smell after a while, it's far too strong. If anyone in close vicinity has oversprayed (basically anything more than one spray from a distance is overspraying with this), you can practically taste it in the air it's so strong.

The same type of girls who like this? Will like Axe. So, do yourself a favor and either buy a can of Axe for next to nothing, or look around for a better scent.
12th August, 2013 (last edited: 22nd May, 2014)
Katana Show all reviews
One of my worst

I blind bought this because I LOVED how it smelled on one of my students - it is horrid on me - this was several years ago and before I started coming here, and before I had really started getting into buying more scents - anyway - the stuff is simply harsh and wretched to my nose. It has many of the characteristics/notes that I usually like, but it fails, at least on me - to be truthful, the BOD "Really Ripped Abs" rip-off of it is slightly better and has more longevity, and that's pretty sad, I don't like Really Ripped Abs either, and would never wear it but it could be a dirt cheap alternative for someone if you like this stuff that comes in the rather gross male torso bottle - Add in the less than stellar attitude of the company itself and this stuff falls to the very bottom of my list - I would wear Brut or Old Spice everyday before I wore this - I am giving the bottle that has been basically forgotten for years to the student who for some unexplained miracle of nature it smells delightful on - I gave it 2 stars because on a FEW people this stuff does smell pretty good - but do NOT blind buy this of course it's nearly impossible to have not smelled it on someone somewhere or at least sampled the vile concoction out of curiosity. Women are supposed to like this - THIS one does NOT

05th July, 2013
I Don't Get Fierce

I don't get the hype about Fierce. The other day I travelled 100 miles round trip to the nearest A&F store just to try it. What a disappointment! It may be my chemistry, but to me it smells a bit like a very weak, synthetic, sour version of GIT. Could it have been the tester?

What am I missing?

Pros: Reputation
Cons: Doesn't Smell Good

05th July, 2013
It smells great, but the downside is definitely that you will 'smell like the mall'. If they didn't pump this through the stores, this would get a thumbs up.
07th April, 2013
I don't think the smell is bad, but the reputation it has and the memories that are brought about from the smell are negative.
It smells like every mall in North America. If you walk anywhere within a 1-mile radius of an Abercrombie store, you will smell this fragrance.
It is worn by the very young (like teens, pre-teens) and is often worn in too high of a dosage.

It is VERY strong, and really I think 1/2 of a spray is plenty. And it should absolutely never be worn to class or work or a movie theater or anywhere that would require you to be in close quarters with people for a long period of time. It can get annoying when it is forced upon your nostrils constantly.

The smell is nice from a distance, though. When someone walks by, you want to turn and walk in their direction to keep smelling it!
20th January, 2013

I love this one and is quickly becoming one of my favorites. If you take away the connection to the store, I don't see how the reviewers claim this is for the under 25 crowd. This is the only fragrance that I have that has drawn a compliment from another man at work. Longevity has been very good on my skin and much better than Mont Blanc Legend, which I feel is a very similar scent.
29th November, 2012
Fierce for men by abercrombie is a great complement puller for night occasions. Longevity is disappointing, and especially struggles in warmer weather. That said, this is a great scent for high schoolers.
09th August, 2012
I Love this fragrance. It's citrusy yet woodsy and fresh. Smells like an antique store or walking through a woods full of pine trees. Used to wear it every day until I discovered Zara 9.71
05th July, 2012
It is easy to dismiss this one because the bottle design (which is a picture of a muscular man's torso), but I'm purely judging by the juice. This one is certainly a citrus scent (with a tiny bit of woodsiness in the background). It's certainly something I think I've smelled before, at a mall where young people hang around. With the citrus notes, I think they are a little more pungent and sour than sweet and fresh. I

t is a bit masculine but it has a lightness about it though. In the end, I think this wouldn't be bad for a younger audience (under 25, and for those in high school), however at the priceline of $75 for a 3.4 oz, I really think it's a bit pricey for what you are getting and you can certainly do better. I don't think I'll be buying this one, but it's not bad. It's still a good scent overall. It just didn't impress me a lot.

Strength: Medium
Season: Spring
Age: Under 25
Rating: 6 out of 10
Verdict: I'm not particularly urging you to sample this, but if you are curious about this one go for it.
29th June, 2012
well, for all those still in high school up until the age of twenty five or so, if you're looking for a fragrance that will allure the ladies..look no further

a beautifully well crafted citrus,woods and spice fragrance. it was my signature scent for five years
28th February, 2012
Although this one is very popular, it does the trick and does it well. It is a mixture, it is right on the line of young and classy. However, I feel this may be more suitable for those under 25, not neccesarily because it has a young smell but because it seems very trendy with them and many know it as that.

My Rating (1-5):
Longetivity: 3.5
Projection: 3
Scent: 4

Overall: 3.5
26th January, 2012
Ark Show all reviews
Masculine? Yes. Girls love it? Yes.

So why a neutral rating? This fragrance has a sharp, chemical tone to it that puts me off. The rest of the fragrance is fine. It's warm yet fresh, though it may be this inner struggle that is putting me off it.

I wear it for the girls not for me. Like girls wear high heels to look good but at the cost of their own comfort.

Try first. If you like it. You're one lucky son of a gun.
06th January, 2012
This is actually a very nice scent, despite A&F blasting it through their stores, and just might be one of my favorites right now. I find that it's similiar to the original Curve for men, but with more class and sophistication. Longevity and sillage is pretty good on this as well which gives it a thumbs up in my book.
31st December, 2011
smells young, atheletic, musculine and sexy to me (perhaps of its association with all the A&F ads). would consider it the same genre as tommy. personally, i love it!
23rd December, 2011
Absolutely vile, disgusting, and reminds me of a fabulous blend of tar, motor oil, and antifreeze. I bet my personal vehicle would DROOL to have this sprayed all over it, but for a human being, not so much.

You know the smell you get when you drive slowly past an adjacent lane that's being repaved? Yep, that's this odor, but with a little lemon squeezed onto the tarmac for good measure.
21st December, 2011
"THE BEST" fragrance iv ever had... Smells very masculine and unique in a lemon and citrusy way... Cant get better than this... Quite expensive, cost me about £80 included postage etc.. Worth every penny.. Not easy to find in the UK, I think it's only available online from here.. If u haven't tried this the go get it!!
20th October, 2011
Fresh and lemony, to my nose its a very pleasant fragrance. It seems to be quite clear to most here that it is more of a younger persons scent.
First when had a whiff of it, it reminded of some other scent that ive smelled years ago in
90`s. Like to hear comments, if there might be a cousin for this?
I live in Finland "cold north", and regarding to other reviews consider my self a lucky person at least till now. If or when it gets here, I quess its a bomb specially for the younger crowd.
12th September, 2011
Fierce is in the middle ground between Allure Homme Sport and Platinum Egoiste. At first, there are some citrus notes like in Allure homme sport. Over time Fierce starts to become much like a teenager version of Platinum Egoiste, but with a heavier dose of musk.

Certainly, in my eyes, it was a fragrance made aiming the younger crowd, especially teenagers. The sort of fragrance that will make the young girls of today get all bristly hahahahaha. I felt inside a store shopping, using this perfume.

oh, and longevity was about eight hours.
21st August, 2011
Highly synthetic but not necessarily a bad smell. However there's a "chemical spill" note buried somewhere within the composition that rubs me the wrong way. Just can't handle it.

I'd like to give this one a Neutral rating, but it smells like the mall. I don't want to smell like the mall.
03rd June, 2011
A particular woody-aromatic concoction with a prickly virile, orangy, salty and rosey sexy vibe. The elements are well balanced and the formula skilful. The opening is powerhouse with a citrus strong presence and the spicy wet support by cardamom. The heart of the fragrance is the Fierce's proper soul with its neroli-rose-jasmine-rosemary main accord settled over a rooty-musky and woody base. The heart is resinous and aromatic because of the nice rosemary, with a sufficient level of captivating almost edible kind of pungent sweetness. The Fierce's roar performed by pepper and spices is detectable throughout till the end of the development. Yes, appealing to younger crowds. Not bad.
01st June, 2011 (last edited: 26th September, 2015)
This fragrance is great for a mall cologne, and for being a cologne not an eau de tiollete it lasts long. It is strong though so i would recommend 2 sprays. It last 8 plus hours. The top lasts for like1-2 hours. I don't like the top that much, but when it drys down and it's a little lighter it smells much better IMO. I'd give it a 9/10.
25th March, 2011
To be honest this sh*t makes me want to die every time I have to pass through the noxious clouds of it reeking from A&F stores.
21st July, 2010