Reviews of Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch

Find out more about Fierce for Men by Abercrombie & Fitch in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

collegestudent's avatar

Girls are absolutely in love with this scent, but almost EVERY guy has this, and the scent unmistakeably reminds you of the store, which leads to comments like this:

"Oh my God you smell like Abercrombie!"

Now I know I don't want people telling me I smell like their favorite store, but for some people that don't live by an Abercrombie store and this scent is uncommon, this would work very well. This smell is good, and the sillage and longetivity is amazing, but it is just too common for me.

30th January, 2009

dyLO's avatar

A very clean scent, very masculine. Sort of a watery / woody smell, with some spicy top notes. It's pretty expensive though, but the price has come down since it first came out. Still not worth $70 for 3.4oz for me, but that's up for you to decide.

07 January, 2009

perrylounge's avatar

Pros: I have never gone into a A & F store so I've not had the ambient "Fierce" experience. I suppose I don't want that classical conditioning. haha
    A manager at work wears this cologne. Perhaps with his body chemistry, this scent is so sexy and appealing to me. I love smelling it off his neck, yummy.
    I have smelled it on his jacket and clothes even after he wore them, say like a day later ;D (what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!) and it lasts and lasts.
    The smell doesn't come off as cheap to me, just fresh, a little trendy and very young smelling

Cons:
    The bottle is tacky, why would a guy need another guys perfectly chiseled chest on his cologne bottle?
    Maybe a little over advertised by A&F, but the cologne works with the right people.

31st December, 2008

Adama's avatar

I think that this stuff gets a bad rep because it's overused by American youths. I live in an area that is far away from any Abercrombie & Fitch stores, thus this stuff isn't common at all, and the response that I've gotten has been amazing.
    Good for any occasion, or even just a comfort-scent. It's strong, and lasts forever... I use only a single spray. Anymore and this stuff would go from being really nice to being too much.
    The phrase "women love it" gets used a lot around here, but this stuff is the true love of all young women (granted, the ones I'm speaking of have likely never smelled this stuff before, and thus aren't sick of it unlike women in the US).
    Anyway, if you're a youngman this stuff is a... must! (groan).

11th November, 2008

Bonoanimoes's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

Opening notes are very boring, smells extremely clinic fake fresh type, definitely a mistake from Abercrombie, the bottle is very boring and does not have any style so far, one word B O R I N G!!!!

10th October, 2008

pasha's avatar

This is the scent they spray all over the A&F stores, everyday & all the day. It is the scent that hits you in the face, even when you just pass by one of the stores.

There is only one way to describe this scent: it smells cheap.

30th August, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar

Well, I happened to be in a mall where an A&F store was located so I ducked on in to smell this stuff. I really wasn't impressed but I wasn't expecting much. It's definitely fresh, has a watery-woody base and is slightly musky/amber(?) sweet. I will give this points for longevity, the card I sprayed it on still held its fragrance after 24 hours. Not terrible but not worth $1/ml

02 August, 2008

CoL's avatar

Well I got my first bottle of this today and I'm amazed that no one seems to mention how much this smells like a Claiborne!? This smells like a softer Curve to my nose. Very pleasent but CERTAINLY not worth the $100 price tag. I have studied the bottle to make sure its not a fake (would they bother faking this?) and it looks far too exact to be a copy. Hmmm

15 July, 2008

EastonBMW's avatar

Normally I am very anti-mall store cologne because they are almost an after thought by the company and are one of the easiest ways to make money with an inferior product. However, Abercrombie prides itself on its scents, going so far as to install special vents in its flagship store to pump Fierce throughout the store. (In regular stores, the employees are required to mist all the mannequins and the air every 20 - 30 minutes with the cologne.) Fierce is without a doubt the cologne that gets me the most compliments whenever I wear it. I was in Montreal and was almost attacked (in a good way) by two women who wanted to know where to get the cologne. When I told them it was only available in the United States, they wanted to meet me at my hotel to buy my bottle. In Italy, I would notice people's heads turn and their eyebrows raise with the expression of 'wow!' when I wore this and walked near them. I have never been on a date while wearing Fierce that didn't end with a compliment on how well I smelled followed by a little kissing. This cologne made me a rock star during Mardi Gras. This is a young man's cologne, however. I can't imagine anyone under the age of 25 wearing it. It is a very youthful and powerful citrus and pine scent. It has a very distinctive scent and I have never smelled any other brand that is quite like it. I find that its staying power is INCREDIBLE and can often smell it on my clothes days later after only 2 or 3 pumps. I saw someone say on here that they didn't find it to last long. Did you buy it on EBay? EBay's sellers are notorious for watering this cologne down to 1 part water, 1 part cologne because it so strong out of the bottle that they can get away with this. This cologne is very unique and youthful and the right person can use this cologne to get a lot of attention.

10th June, 2008

sweettooth52000's avatar

Fierce is actually really nice. It starts out with a mild citrus and spicy high note. The mid notes aren't super inovative, just a clean scent. But the drydown is a nice spicy wood. It is a little expensive for how long it lasts, but for dates and informal events, this is nice.

26 May, 2008 (Last Edited: 05 June, 2008)

SexPanther's avatar

I get bottles of this for free so I always have some in my wardrobe and I wear it depending on what kind of bar I'm going to for the night. It lasts awhile on my skin but on my brother it does not. Girls love this cologne but a lot of them say its played out and I agree. The scent is warm masculine and trendy so if thats what you're looking for snag a bottle.

06 May, 2008

harry potter's avatar

great scent..
    top note is a citrus smell
    base note is a woody musk smell
    I do not own this cologne but i smelt it in an Abercrombie store. This scent smells similar to colognes in Hollister. This is a classic cologne for teenagrers and the chicks love it!!

04 December, 2007

tvlampboy's avatar

Yet another monotonously "fresh" fragrance that is more about marketing hype than quality or talent. Not bad as these sorts of scents go, I suppose, but by no means an outstanding frag, either. (Faint praise is the most damning.)

21st November, 2007

fusion's avatar

This is a nice scent simple not out of this world but nice longevity is horrible only good for a few hrs if your lucky but the women do like it and that’s always nice I would use this for dinner and a movie with my lady

16 October, 2007 (Last Edited: 06 November, 2007)

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

Smells to me like the cheaper "knock off" version of Terre d'Hermes, though it is a lot cleaner. I don't get the comparo to D&G/Realities though, and I do think it lasts. Someone in my workplace wears this and you can tell when he walks into the room, which means sillage is great or that it just works very well with his chemistry, since he only uses 2 sprays.
    Either way the scent is too immature for me and it induces a headache after a while. Might work best as a blender with something with more depth and sour/bitter notes. (you might just end up with Terre d'Hermes)

16 July, 2007 (Last Edited: 05 November, 2009)

4bassdude's avatar

Smell gets tiring very quickly. Bought it because I liked it while walking by the store, now gathering dust in my cologne cabinet. Smells cheap and watery and has ZERO lasting power. Hardly worth it in the long run but its nice to pull out once in a while.

18 May, 2007

scentaddiction's avatar

I am almost ashamed to say that I bought this frag. I realize now that my attraction to it was in its similarity to D and G for men, although it is probably more similar in quality to Realities for men. If you do buy this, please, please salvage some pride and rip the sticker of Fabio off the back. Seriously.

05 May, 2007

COLOGNEaddict's avatar

Tried it once at the mall and thought it was good. It was certainly something different, but nothing special. I still give this one a thumbs up, because it definitely is good filler in a cologne collection.

07 April, 2007

ldiprenda's avatar

Cheap fragrance, but extremely masculine and sexy.

03 April, 2007

mdiegor's avatar

It was given to me as a gift and I thought it would smell ridiculous on me (I'm 28). Incredibly I got compliments...if it wasn't because it's what most teenagers wear, this would be among my favorites.

14 March, 2007

kennyken's avatar

i bout this today because in the store i smelt it and it smelt very sexy....something i thought a woman would like. but then after i tried it on me, it smelt ok but like something i've had before....does bora bora ring a bell? i used to love bora bora but now my preferences have changed.

17 February, 2007

Crispy129's avatar

Good scent, lasts a long time on me. Great for younger kids, I gave it to my brother who is in high school and he loves it.

12 January, 2007

squirrelmilk's avatar

if you want to smell cheap and like a poser... then buy this
    smells like something you can get at walmart...
    don't waste your money here or at their store...use it wisely for quality scents

02 January, 2007

Mr. Brightside's avatar

FIERCE is definately the "American heritage" scent (at least for teenagers). Abercrombie & Fitch has done a fantastic job on this one... if we take a look at the youth of today's world. Ask any preppy 16 year old American guy on the street what their first cologne was, and they'll reply, "FIERCE by A&F."

Sure, it's not for everybody, but for the majority, it acts like spray on candy (without the tooth decay). We could criticize FIERCE just because of a thing against the A&F stereotype, or we could look around and see the results.

I'm no expert at fragrances but even if FIERCE happens to be lesser in quality of material than let's say for instance, Creed products, I don't think that it matters after what it's done (who knows... maybe it's high quality stuff after all).

07 November, 2006

thisbekevinn's avatar

Used to love it a bought the 1.0OZ bottle like 3 times.

Now it just gives me headaches and is really stinky. I have something agenist Hollister and A&F colognes/perfumes now. They seem cheap

If you looking for something like this try Heir - Paris Hilton

25 October, 2006

baris99's avatar

Turkey Turkey

if you want to smell like an A&F store
    get it.should be worn on weekends casual.

16 October, 2006

jessicahope's avatar

I love the way this this smells on a man VERY SEXY!

07 September, 2006

elephunk's avatar

Anyone who walks near an Abercrombie and Fitch will recognize this scent, the scent that, along with loud music, potentially lures males and females inside. It's an excellent smell for younger-mid 20's crowd, but even those older can pull it off. Great diedown scent, especially.

The only drawback to this cologne is the cost. Abercrombie and Fitch charges $29.50 for a 1.0oz bottle and $49.50 for a 1.7oz. With other colognes, you could purchase them cheaper, but since this cologne is only available at Abercrombie and Fitch, you'll have to pay full price.

22 May, 2006

beachboy89's avatar

dude.. i have to say i never really wore abercrombie before, but this is one of the most premium yet affordable (only 20$) colognes that ive ever bought,which makes it unbelievably great for any teenager who wants to pick up chicks.. it is true the store smells like this stuff.. whoever came up with this one is makin the big bucks... highly recommended for hot beach bodied guys.. if ur overweight i don't think u should wear it, plus u probably won't fit into any A&F clothes..

26 March, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

Fierce by Abercrombie & Fitch is obviously the product of a marketing whiz. The scent itself is basic; you will probably either love it or hate it. So what's the deal?

Being the mother of a trend loving, hormones raging, fashion forward 17 year old daughter I have learned first hand about Fierce. A&F employees (all late teens - early 20's) liberally spray Fierce throughout the entire store. (A corporate directive.) This creates a 'conditioning' of association. When you smell Fierce - Abercrombie pops into your brain. Along with their loud hyper-bass repeating soundtrack and 'I'm so hot but a little too cool for you' attitude...their image is created, in fact, indelibly etched into your senses. You see, the more senses involved in your shopping experience, the better chance consumers will remember that shop with the blue awnings! It works. In fact, as my daughter and I were shopping in Bloomingdales ~ an attractive young man passed by. My daughter took a deep breath and declared "MMMMMMMMMMMMM, he smells like Abercrombie!"

I say if you need a gift for a 17-24 year old guy, fierce would probably be a safe choice! If you are wondering what this frangrance actually smells like - head for your nearest mall and walk by the A&F doorway, inhale, you'll know immediately!

02 March, 2006