Positive Reviews of IL by Lancetti

Find out more about IL by Lancetti in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

elbenja's avatar
    elbenja

So sad to see this one go. I wore this for years and it got a ton of compliments. A very confident, manly scent. IL was a winner, for sure.

05 October, 2011

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

A sadly discontinued ambery-woodsy fragrance that used turning out (in the early 90's) as an aromatic dust of mild-talky amber a bit rooty, decidedly musky and orangy. The presence of lavender, anice and aromatic-green notes used to give a sort of watery-aromatic beat to the fragrance. Some woods impressed woody mildness while cedar and woodsy notes imprinted a touch of bitterness. This one was perfect for clubbing. Very appealing.

14 June, 2011

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

My first impression was also that it seemed similar to Egoiste (not Egoiste Platinum), but after I wore it a couple more times I was able to appreciate its subtleties (which Egoiste does not have), and I no longer would say that these two are especially similar. IL is a great blend of quite a few notes (ones that you would think would not "get along" well with each other), which in my experience is not very easy to achieve. It's not too sweet, too dry, too anything. The dynamism is very good, with different notes making an appearance now and then to keep things interesting. Sillage and longevity are very good too. I suspect that it got discontinued because it's not really a "mainstream"' type of composition. Instead, things seem to be going in the direction of fragrances that are either unique, blunt, and perhaps obnoxious, like A*Men, or simple, bland, and generic. IL is for the aficionado who seeks a unique blend of natural smelling ingredients without any "drama." Here are the notes from the Estonian site:

Anise, artemesia, basil, bergamot, lavender, neroli.

Aldehydes, clary sage, coriander, geranium.

Amber, cedar, leather, moss, musk, vetiver

19 January, 2010 (Last Edited: 05 May, 2010)

Paninaro's avatar
    Paninaro
    Serbia Serbia

Basically, IL by Lancetti and Egoiste by Chanel are more or less same to me. There are some nice memories linking me to IL and I will put thumbs up, but actually I am not so fond of this kind of scents.

What is my impression then?

If I would describe weather this scent remids me of – it is hot weather. Very hot. And humid, too. Therefore I could've never wore this scent in late spring/summer/early fall.

If I would describe what occasion this scent reminds me of – it is night club. Very hot and crowded night club.

Notes? Sweetness is excessive, but you can feel some herbal (maybe fruit?) notes in there. Reminds me of some Turkish delight in liquid form. Longevity is great, sillage is good if not great.

I somehow do feel sorry for it's discontinuitment.

13 October, 2009

HORACIO GONZÁLEZ's avatar
    HORACIO GONZÁLEZ
    Argentina Argentina

SO,SO NICE!!, SWEET LIKE RED FRUITS, STRAWBERRYS, REDCURRANT, POMEGRANATE OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT,
    JUICY AND BEAUTIFUL

07 March, 2009

Zerby's avatar
    Zerby

This is a one of a kind fragrance. It's Diet joop to me. I'd love to find this again. My chances aren't good. It's too bad that they had to discontinue this cologne. I hope that it's out there somewhere. If joop is too sweet for you, this is the one for you.

22 September, 2008