Negative Reviews of Kenzoair by Kenzo

Find out more about Kenzoair by Kenzo in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Woods

In keeping with Kenzo’s minimalist leanings, KenzoAir is a very simple composition, built mostly on an accord of pencil shavings/woody amber, dry vetiver, and sharp black pepper. It feels like an excerpt from Cartier’s Déclaration, specifically the woody synthetic base notes, shorn of the citrus and leather that bestow living warmth upon them. It smells OK, but it feels incomplete. It’s certainly not exciting.

Don’t let the name fool you, by the way. KenzoAir’s structure might be hollow, but it’s potent, it’s linear, and it lasts forever. If this scent’s austere style and cedar-vetiver flavor appeal to you, I recommend trying Lalique’s Encre Noire as well. It conjures a similar mood but smells more finished.

19 June, 2014

The_Cologneist's avatar

Opens up smelling like sand, dirt, and that smell when ya bite into a licorice jellybean and smell it inside. Fresh, black licorice. The combination eventually develops into a fishy/rusty smell.

The vetiver dry down is nice, but it doesn't make up for the strange elements in this one. Whether I am smelling rust, fish, metal, rubber, sand, dirt, or that smell when you walk into a hair salon. It's just very off-putting.

30th November, 2011

Tony T's avatar

worst bottle of all time. anise and licoriceand really nothing else. very strangeang short lived.

07 December, 2008

tonysoprano100's avatar

Chile Chile

Now I undestand why is named Air. I tryed in a perfume store in Aruba coz I was very curious about this summer perfume.
    Awful experience. I think . This is Air. Believe me, I put it on my skin and after 1 minute I try to smell it and nothing! Only Air. Longevity zero.
    Perfect name, by the way.

16 July, 2008

marco_from_chile's avatar

Really nice for hot weather....but NO LASTING! After 5 minutes, BYE! No way!

07 January, 2007

Endymion's avatar

Hungary Hungary

i absolutely cannot sense a thing... :( is there really a scent?

05 December, 2006

areko79's avatar

Iran Iran

If you spray 200 ml of this bottle, maybe you can felt it. i never felt
    this smell.
    similar to pool water - of course pool
    water is more smelly.
    Post-Modern fragrance which is created
    up to now.

21st September, 2006

syidi_radzi's avatar

The bottle might appear 'photogenic' in ad, but horrid when you hold it, as well as the fragrance, none of the notes could convey or define 'Kenzoair' to me.

06 May, 2006

scenteur7's avatar

I'm sorry, is there actually something in the bottle? I spray and spray and yet it would seem my skin smells liek nothing

14 January, 2006

JP1's avatar

this stuff is vile! a disgrace to the kenzo brand! horrid!

05 January, 2006

ArgaWarga's avatar

This is one of the most horrible smelling colonges I've ever put on. After a half hour or so, I tried to wash it off, I couldn't stand it.

23 October, 2005

musclegod007's avatar

YIKES!!!!!!Scary that anyone would like this. What a let down, being that Maurice Roucel is one of my faves.

14 April, 2005

MonkeyManMatt's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Overrated and to simple. Vetiver and licorice is all there is in here. I expect more from the company that brought us Pour Homme and L'Eau Par, two of the best fresh scents on the market. Also the bottle is a real cheapo in reality...
    MMM

16 March, 2005

davido's avatar

Tried this one today., and it smells really horrible! I cant describe it, but it smells like vegetabilian garbage, very unpleasent.

12 September, 2004

suncheese's avatar

Serbia Serbia

KezoAir is fresh, floral, woody eua de parfum. Nothing new, and far away from originality of others Kenzo fragrances. Save your money (40 EUR for 30ml EdP) and try one of these: Salvatore Ferragamo, Cartier Declaration, Fendi Theorema or Givenchy Pour Homme. And if you want to smell "realy airy", choose Davidoff Echo or Nivea Bath Care-4 elements Air.(grooming)

16 March, 2004