Negative Reviews of Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang

Find out more about Vera Wang for Men by Vera Wang in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Jack Hunter's avatar

A citrus scent with anise and a horrid sour off note which I cannot pinpoint what is causing that smell but its off putting. I do not like this at all.

26 October, 2012

sjg3839's avatar

A little too spicy for me. Vera may want to stick to designing clothes!

14 September, 2012

St Martin's avatar

Come the apocalypse there will still be a faint whiff of Vera hanging over the burning rubble of some major city...

A spritely, borderline chaotic opening teases for a moment but is quickly followed by a warm, sweet and monotone sandalwood dry down. It's all very familiar - like a heavily sugar-coated cousin of CK Obsession. An annoying cousin who talks in a loud voice and won't leave. It is now more than 24 hours after one test spray on my wrist, and I can still smell Vera's concoction. It seems completely impervious to soap and water. Sillage is average but the longevity is quite terrifying.

19 December, 2010 (Last Edited: 22 December, 2010)

odysseusm's avatar

My goodness, this is wretched stuff! Sweet and cheap, positively toothache-inducing. Garishly spicy. Smells like a toxic car deodorizer. Utterly devoid of charm, class or any redeeming features, it is nasty, cloying, heavy and persistant. I can’t scrub it off quickly enough!

07 December, 2010

Kaern's avatar

Vera Wang is to perfume what Simon Cowell is to new music. They are both dilettantes with no taste and are only interested in lining their pockets. This has a fresh, cheap shampoo smell that has no longevity. Ms Wang has actually managed to not produce one decent fragrance for either sex -- have you tested Princess? You'll need a barf bag.

04 March, 2010 (Last Edited: 16 March, 2010)

Atlanta1's avatar

Vera's perfume sure has a Wang to it, alright. This is truly one of the worst fragrances ever made. One needs to spray a half-gallon of it on themselves just to get some semblance of any scent from it. It must hold the world record for shortest lasting fragrance ever because this mess gets instantly absorbed into your bloodstream once you spray it on. Totally worthless and Miss Vera ought to be ashamed of herself for pushing this manure (except Miss Vera's manure don't stank 'cause it don't last!!) onto the public.

23 February, 2010

MOONB's avatar

I once gave Vera for Men a test at a department store, just out of curiosity. I recognize the brand, so I figured it could be something I'd wear. I could not have been more wrong. Right out of the tester, I strongly disliked it. I don't fully recall what happened when it did its little chemical reaction to my skin, but I can tell you, whatever it was, it wasn't good. I don't know if it's the odd combination of yuzu, netmeg, and musk, or what. But it didn't work, and for me it never will.

05 November, 2009

PigeonMurderer's avatar

Finland Finland

There is european trash, and then there is american trash.

Pitiful attempt to create something with charachter, it falls very short on that. Generic and dull fresh woody fragrance. Utterly boring. Smells very cheap and badly made with nostril burning, sharp spicy edge.

There`s little fruitiness, little this and that, no leather or tobacco in sight.

It`s like a bad gimmick. Sad to see that some people buy it.

17 November, 2008

Landrik's avatar

dont like like this! remind me of someone id rather forget...:) otherwise to subtle, smell like toothpaste...

26 August, 2008

chadmwgarrett's avatar

Actually was debating on this one for xmas but after 2 times to the store and applying and wearing it around the mall all day i am with everyone else that it just doesnt last and its very subtle. I had to put my nose to my skin to smell it and ask about 4 other people if they could as well and they couldnt unless there nose was on my skin so i hope that they make VW2 with a little bit more longevity and strength cause this is a great scent but its lacking the things i look for in frags.

23 December, 2007

Kahuna Cowboy's avatar

Terrible! Smells like a brussels sprout patch with some flowers.

02 June, 2007

bbobkc's avatar

I have been eating a lot of chicken lately. Maybe thats why I am smelling boiled chicken in this. Yuck!

02 May, 2007

taketacom's avatar

When you first spray it, it has an overpowering smell of rubbing alcohol, but when it dries down it has a clean fresh smell. It just doesn't last. You can barely smell it! It has to be the weakest scent I have ever smelled. Would not buy this again.

25 January, 2006

Zdime's avatar

One dimensional. No thanks.

16 June, 2004