Negative Reviews of Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri

It's a real shame about this one. My first impression, on application, was a dusty, musty sort of dry wood smell. Then it dried down into an old powder compact sort of smell with a touch of almond. And that was it for me – no rose, no floral notes, definitely no vanilla or honey. All I got was a dry, dusty, musty smell, which made me feel irritable. I gave it half an hour to see if it would evolve, but no. It just smelt more dusty and eventually it sent me hurrying to scrub it off. Obviously doesn't agree with my skin chemistry. Maybe the hawthorne, as I've not tried any perfumes with this note before. Pity, because the reviews have been so good on this one.
07th August, 2016
Starts off with a weird singed note like burnt sugar + pipe tobacco, strongly felt under a light haze of powder. In retrospect, this was my favorite part of the ride. The powdery cloud unfurls, and for a while that strange dark bottom anchors it while some pretty rosy and nutty notes appear in glimpses through the fog. At this point I still like it, with reservations, but the powder keeps unfurling, getting pinker and pinker and sweeter and sweeter. At some point, it actually becomes embarrassing -- I wouldn't want anyone to think I chose to smell this way. In the morning, I still smelled powder and pinkness on the back of my hand where I had sampled. Not nice.
03rd September, 2009
I have never been able to warm up to this scent - it has a very cold, "off" core that has always bothered me. The opening is nice enough, almondy and sweet almost like sugar syrup, but then it progresses into something that's both powdery in a cheap way and musky in an oily way. Neither powder nor musk notes usually bother me but the way they come through here is vaguely awful to my nose. There is a striking similarity to Helmut Lang EDP, which I find even more unbearable than this. I think there are plenty of other loukhoum-ish fragrances out there better than this and recommend you try those first before committing to this one.
13th September, 2005