Neutral Reviews of Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri

I make a good attempt to like this, but in the end it did not work for me.

The sweet opening was pleasant enough with the almonds kicking in.

I will stick to my L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore for my fix of Turkish Delight.
06th December, 2012
Hmmm...this is a dry one. It smells like a baby wearing a diaper with a load of Johnson's baby power in it who just shoved slobbery cherry smarties down that same diaper. Cherry baby powder for me. Now don't get me wrong, cherry is nice and so is baby powder. But here in the grown up world I like to smell like a big girl, not a toddler. Save this one for little ladies who like to smell "sweet and innocent". I like to smell like a smoldering temptress myself :)
23rd January, 2009
Nukapai Show all reviews
Loukhoum = Johnson's Baby Oil + vanilla pipe tobacco + honey.

Really bizarre, interesting, overpowering; I can see how this could be a total love affair for some, but I couldn't wear it; it's too sickly for me.
12th January, 2009

It does smell very much like marzipan. Marzipan bar with smooth dust sugar icing. Very foody fragrance, very edible. Almost 100% gourmand.

Subtle, only a tad smoky cherry pipe tobacco accord is wonderful, but although I agree with some reviewers in this not being too sweet, I find it just a little bit too powdery and feminine for myself. And though it doesn`t bother me personally, I should mention that this can sometimes change into very rubbery smelling fragrance due the combo of sweets and slightly smoky powder.

Definitely a must try if you`re a fan of heliotrope, almonds and marzipan, or gourmands in general.
10th November, 2008