Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Subbie's avatar

On my skin, all this evolves into is the smell of tic-tacs. You know, powdery, sweet, slightly minty. I guess some people would like that but if I want to smell like breath mints, I'll rub tic-tacs all over my body.

Don't get me wrong - it's fairly pleasant and I'd wear it if I had it, but that's just not enough for me to give it a thumbs up.

If there was a time to use this, I'd still prefer La Nuit de l'Homme. It's quite similar but turns into something nicer on me.

YMMV.

28 December, 2010

QWERTYOP's avatar

England England

Love this one. Never smelt anything quite like it. It oozes class, mystery and intregue. Think this one will be in my collection for a long time to come.

19 December, 2010

PaladinX's avatar

The scent is nice, It is non offensive. I get a slightly citrus, but mostly powdery tonka feel. In short, baby powder and vanilla kind of appeal. If you want something factual, than here it is. Do not listen to people that always claim things last 8 to 20 hours with great projection. I have a real gripe with fragrance people these days. They all turned into a bunch of real wimps. This fragrance is not strong at all. It is a very close to the skin kind of scent that doesn't last too long nor does it project a ton. I don't know what kind of fragile little noses some people have on this site, but its a very subtle kind of fragrance.

14 December, 2010

Achilles_'s avatar

Love this scent! This is my favorite work scent as it is not too overbearing, and has great longevity on me.

For some reason I've always thought of this as a young mans scent.

07 December, 2010

Dunx's avatar

Simply put, this is a modern day classic of a scent. Receives compliments all the time, projects fantastically, and doesn't turn sickly like so many pseudo-orientals.

BUY.

30th November, 2010

Backstrom19's avatar

This is a nice fall fragrance, that is great for the younger crowd. However, because it is a Giogio Armani fragrance, lots of people do have it. I would describe it as a warm spicy woody scent, that is a great night wear. Longevity and projection are decent, but with an armani fragrance you are essentially paying for the name. so there are definitely a lot of better woody oriental scents out there. However, it is a relatively enjoyable scent, and i would give it a 6.5 out of 10. I have to say i do like it, and it is very appealing. one to look into if you are looking for a fall/winter scent.

17 November, 2010

Bryann9182's avatar

I absolutely love Armani Code. Code is my #2 fall and winter fragrance behind La Nuit. Up top I get a SLIGHTLY powdery and slightly citrusy vibe. Once this settles down it thickens up. Still slightly powdery in the dry down, somewhat creamy, masculine and a smokey/chocolately note

15 October, 2010

Coffin's avatar

Finland Finland

My initial impression of this was not very good, and this seems to be a difficult fragrance to “test” because the smell changes a some 10 minutes after application. However, after leaving it on I've grown to like it it very much. I find the smell very “clean”, but never too feminine or in-your-face (after it has dried down a bit). I use this mostly as a daytime fragrance, for night this feels a bit too much like a “nice guy” smell.

26 September, 2010

Ryanbassist26's avatar

When I first smelled this scent I wasnt too sure about it.. But now that Ive tried it I've absolutely fallen in love with it and have to say its in my top 3 favorite scents.. Also this is a favorite of the ladies and is my most complimented scent I have. Great going out fragrance and the smell on this is amazing.. Starts off a bit citrusy but then coolsdown into a smoky,sweet,mysterious, vibe of a scent with still a hint of citrus. (A little powdery which some may not like but to me its not that bad.)

Ratings:

Overall scent: 8.5
    Longevity:9 (I get anywhere from 8-12 hrs on my skin)
    Projection:8.5
    Overall rating:8.75

26 September, 2010

Uncle Ben's avatar

Pretty decent cologne aside from the soapy smell... it has a refreshing fragrance but you will also realize that many other guys are wearing it too. Its just OK for me.

27 August, 2010

alvinnjoinerIV's avatar

Philippine Philippine

this one is kinda meh.

19 August, 2010 (Last Edited: 02 February, 2011)

's avatar

horrible. just gave my father my nearly full bottle, and feel somewhat bad passing it off. code smells like rancid baby powder. i tried it again today for the 20th time. . . it still doesn't work. thankfully, it doesn't last real long either. for me, a total dud.

07 August, 2010

Brawnyman's avatar

When I first tried CODE, I wasn't sure what to think. I loved the powerful opening but was suprised how the scent changed over time. It didn't change in a bad way. it just almost became something entirely different from the scent that I orginally placed on my skin. A Very dark and mysterious scent, yet pleasant. It wasn't until i actually wore this around other people that I discovered I had found a winner. It has gotten nothing but compliments from others and my lady loves it!!! My secretary told me that i shouldn't wear this stuff to work because it was causing her to have impure thoughts about me! Lol. This is truly a Man's cologne. You cannot go wrong with CODE. Definetly should be a member of any man's fragrance arsenal. Thumbs way up!

03 August, 2010

Percy1's avatar

I don't smell any of the notes listed in the pyramid in Armani Code - I just smell vanilla and anise, as another reviewer said. It strikes me as trying to be all things to all people. Too loud for a day-time fragrance, too one-note for a night-time fragrance, too floral for a summer fragrance, too laid-back for a winter fragrance. It's like a guy wearing an expensive polo with the collar turned up - he's just trying too hard to be like everyone else and yet different. If you were only going to buy one fragrance in your life, Code might even work OK, but as it is, whenever I think about putting it on, there's another fragrance that just seems to work better. I haven't even made it through a small sample decant.

10th July, 2010

songstress3's avatar

I bought this for my partner's bday after smelling it on a test card, risky without trying it on him first. But what a lucky strike! It smells absolutely DELISCIOUS on him!! Whenever he wears it I can't help sniffing him over and over, just to get more of that wonderful warm, slightly spicy slightly citrusy smell. He used to wear Hugo years ago when we met, and I liked it then but in more recent years I really went off it for some reason. Don't you love when a man smells so good you can't stop sniffing him? Now since wearing Code, he has been asked by quite a few women what he's wearing or told he smells lovely doesn't make me jealous. That makes me pleased I picked him the perfect scent!

10th June, 2010

rev0lut10n's avatar

Was let down by this. A run of the mill, citrus scent with hardly any originality at all. Smells only slightly different to me to Diesel's "Only The Brave", which was brought as a gift for me (and I'm not too keen on either). Not terrible, not impressive.

17 May, 2010

orangekone's avatar

very sweet~masculine

you can wear it day or night even summer's day

i love this one!

11th May, 2010

smelling something's avatar

At first, it doesn't smells bad...
    But later, the lasting smell... something like vanilla, too intense... it's not for me.

My rating would be between thumbs down and neutral, but as it is not possible... sorry, thumbs down.

WARNING: never, i mean NEVER buy a fragance based exclusively on reviews: EVERYONE HAS A PERSONAL TASTE. YOU HAVE TO SMELL IT BY YOURSELF!!!

03 April, 2010

IMightBeWrong's avatar

This oriental fragrance is one of the first that ever really impressed me. When I was first starting to fall in love with colognes, this one was love at first sniff. It's complex without being overly complex. The citrus makes it great for daytime, but I can get away with it on a casual evening out and have on quite a few occasions. Absolutely love the way I smell when this fragrance mixes with my body chemistry.

23 March, 2010

aktp-iciook's avatar

Armani Code is a sweet classy romantic fragrance.

After a number of sprays, I start to love Code more and more. I would recommend interested fellows to try it on your skin rather than a paper strip or a sample.

☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻
    It is genuinely a scent of "Armani Tuxedo".
    ☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻▬☻

16 March, 2010

JMang's avatar

Immediate impression was that its projecting far too much citrus to be an evening scent, but the drydown redeems the fragrance.

I can't detect much of the bergamot, olive, or wood nearly as much as the lemon and tonka bean.

Either ways, a better than average selection for a night out with a special lady. For a special night out with a special lady, aim higher.

08 March, 2010

poppacooter's avatar

it's just another me too cologne. nothing to get excited about.

28 January, 2010

Sabres21768's avatar

I really like this one.

A very clean, almost "powdery" fresh scent.

Very sophisticated. Great for evening wear during colder weather.

08 January, 2010

nsobo's avatar

My favorite of the armani fragrances. It is very inviting and great for evening wear. Longevity is sometimes an issue but it's great on my skin and its a fantastic wear for the fall season and even winter.

15 December, 2009

tanto's avatar

After being on the market for almost six years, this is one fragrance that to this day I still can't seem to figure out. It does nothing for me......neither here, nor there.

08 December, 2009

thatsmr2usir's avatar

This here is a rather nice frag. I would give it a thumbs up, but it does not last long, maybe 3 hours or so and for that reason I cant go up! But I will remain neutral because by no mains its not a bad scent. I get a very soft feel from Black Code. Try before you buy!

07 December, 2009 (Last Edited: 11th December, 2009)

CYRUS-THE-GREAT's avatar

One of the best perfume in the world.simply outstanding.

03 November, 2009

trapper's avatar

Romania Romania

Very good fragrance, worth buying.

05 October, 2009

Jackisblack's avatar

Delicious, just awesome. The first time i bought this, I just couldn't stop smelling myself and I would often spray WAY too much. Opens up with a fresh citrus smell that is to be expected, but quickly evolves into a delicious vanilla/coffee/powder infused cocktail. Love it, and is a cologne that has drawn compliments when worn by me. Only complaint is that it has horrid longevity and the projection could be better. Other than that, one of the best scents I've ever possessed.

11th September, 2009

tabbakh's avatar

All I get is pencil shavings and B.O. No thank you.

02 September, 2009