Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

I really liked it at the store,but when i finally bought it it was gone after a half hour,couldn't smell anything after that.So a real waste of money!!!
10th April, 2015
Armani Code or Code Black is a very nice fragrance of a common designer house theme using spiced citrus over woods and vanilla. This fragrance is noticeably popular with the younger men that I work with. In fact, they each seem to prefer it to all other scents about 4 of the 5 days in a work week.

Nothing wrong with wearing what you like, but why smell exactly like every other 30 yr old male in your office building?

Neutral for me because it's worn me out.
07th April, 2015 (last edited: 08th April, 2015)
Salutation.

ARMANI CODE is very popular for two obvious reason.

1:when you wearning it,you fell like you are in an DREAM.
2:It is definitely a SEDUCTIVE in a SUBTLE and ELEGANT way and demands attention as ladies swoon over this fragrance.

Yes one of my favorite fragrances.it is the better than ATTITUDE for me.the top notes is fresh and sweet with a little spicy but not too hot but middle/base are in a warm way.

Perfunctory ARMANI CODE is all about a confident man,definitely for a man ready to go at special occasions in autumn/winter evenings and too this smells great on my skin and longevity is good.

16th December, 2014

I got a whiff of this on someone and was intrigued enough that I couldn't resist inquiring. I'm in my mid to late 30's, the gentleman was most likely in his mid to late 40's, and it struck me as a fragrance for the that age and up crowd. Mind you, I don't buy into whether or not someone is old enough to "pull off" a fragrance. I gravitate towards powerhouses and wear the likes of Polo "Green" and Kouros unapologetically and have never received any criticism, only compliments (granted, I'm a 1-2 spray guy). But somehow this one gives me the impression of a more mature crowd shall we say? Yet not only do I like it, my wife who is just barely in her mid-20's LOVES it. This one appears to be by far her favorite in my collection, followed by Art of Shaving's Sandalwood, meanwhile Aqua Di Gio, which I got thinking, "Wifey will like this!", is one that she doesn't mind at all but really doesn't get excited about - go figure! My point? Forget preconceived notions about age - do you like it, do you want to wear it?

This remains in my collection/rotation. The wife's strong, STRONG affinity for it certainly plays a factor in that, but I think it would still hold its place though I'd be tempted at times to downgrade it out from there. Really my only issue with it is that it's simply too powdery to me. That's... part of its whole presentation, which is coherent, but I'd personally dial that aspect back a notch or three, makes me cough a bit and is a bit rough in that manner if I'm still smelling of it while trying to fall asleep at night (honestly, for that reason, I'm a bit strategic in when I wear it, based on schedule/plans with the mrs.). Now... I should add that for me personally, the descriptors "powdery" and "manly" can be at odds with each other. The Original Clubman aftershave manages to achieve a functional balance with this. Armani Code... pulls it off so that it's still a masculine fragrance, but at the same time the powdery aspect is excessive for me. None the less, a fragrance that's masculine in the sense that it has a reassuring confidence to it. It doesn't shout, yet it does have presence and... I would say it has a sense of quiet command. It's sort of inconspicuous yet gets your attention, unique without really sticking out.

In any case, this one is certainly accessible enough to get a whiff of it at many department store fragrance sections, so no need to blind buy.
19th October, 2014
Decent opening of citrus, bergamot, spices, aldehydes, on vanillin and soft woods. General – and generic – sharp cleanness, that kind of contemporary cheap "elegance" you smell in gyms, offices, downtown bars... not stinky, but terribly dull.

08th July, 2014
Genre: Woody Oriental

A perfectly decent and rather "clean" oriental, but far too tame for me to get worked up about. Yes, it's an oriental you can wear during the daytime and in business settings, but that may only be because it's just a little bland. Harmless, really, and harmless is not something I look for from this kind of scent.

Little sillage on me, and absolutely no development or staying power.
10th June, 2014
This is a fragrance that really grew on me.
At first the olive blossom note was off putting for me and disliked the scent, then little by little it earned a place in my rotation and now is one of my favorites.
Another reason not to judge a perfume on first impressions, or disregard a fragrance just after on sample or two, give the perfume a chance to gain your heart.
The dominant note is the mentioned olive blossom, but the tobacco and leather combination es fairly distinguishable, but it is nicely balanced by the tonka bean and star anise. A well constructed scent, balanced and well blended with a nice touch of woods
It has good sillage and longevity, the only objection is its price, while not stratospheric, it is not at the reach of many people.
26th January, 2014
this is a nice powdery scent that has a long lasting strength to it. I have noticed the more expensive colognes today are not nearly as masculine as the classic older colognes I have worn. this armani code brand seems to be a popular selling cologne.
06th January, 2014
Smells nice and safe, but burns out pretty quickly. Definitely Not worth the price tag.

I would rather look into Armani Code Ultimate before this.
05th November, 2013
Masterpiece

You dont need to know the notes, or the "scent development". Just know that it smells amazing and should be a staple in everyones collection. Compliments: Yes People Pleaser: Yes Versatility: Spring/Fall/Winter Sillage: High end of average.

Pros: Scent
Cons: Market Saturation"

21st September, 2013
Nice bit not mind blowing

Armani Code is :
Elegant,soft,creamy,cozy and powdery and you can imagine a dark handsome man as a smooth operator in suit drinking his espresso in a lounge bar after a good lunch.
I like the blending of it but i lacks projection imo.
On the scale from 0 till 10 it projects 6 and for this kind of scent i would like them stronger.
All being said this is a very familiar and great scent to wear on evenings out or at a wedding in late summer - autumn settings.

Im curious to smell its cheaper version Salvador Dali Black Sun now. If its true that Black Sun has more projection i will more likely buy this instead of Armani Code which is very expensive here.

Pros: Generally liked by many
Cons: mainstream and too expensive"

24th August, 2013
Synthetic sweets

Citrus, powder, and...I swear I get cocoa as well. Am I hallucinating? Nobody else mentioned that.

Well, the bottom line is that I find Code completely synthetic and boring. Flat. Too sweet, in fact, a little cloying.

At first I was thinking that a gourmand is supposed too have an aspect of deliciousness about it. Then I realised Code is not supposed to be a gourmand fragrance, rather a more straight up oriental. What part of the Orient are we talking about then? Kuala Lumpur? Candy store?

17th July, 2013
Good but not great

This scent is classic. But not particular unique.

Pros: Classic Smell
Cons:

11th June, 2013

Safe, inoffensive but average.

I tried spraying Armani Code in a breezy spring night for the first time (2013). The leather scent is prominent throughout its life but it is not that strong to make it too cloying due to its soft spicy and warm texture thanks to star anise and tobacco. Having a father that has been a chain-smoker in most of his life, I do not like the smell of cigars as if trying to overdose yourself with masculinity. Nevertheless, I commend Antoine Lie, Antoine Maisondieu and Clement Gavarry for this creation on how they make tobacco smells good despite my disgust to it. The initial notes of bergamot and lemon gives that refreshing and citrus vibe as it plays with the grassy feeling of olive blossom giving a tad sweetness and saltiness to it. I also like the powderiness of tonka bean that gives a comforting feeling to ladies and the mild tea-rose-like odour that gives sexiness to it.
In the end of night, I ask myself if I adore this scent. Sadly no. Longevity is good but its sillage and projection is poor which is only effective if you are looking for an intimate moments with your partner. It's sexiness won't shout out to the world or echoes like the song of LMFAO, I'm Sexy and I Know It. It is sexy but not intellectually romantic, suave but not elegant, juxtaposition of modern and classiness but lacks confidence. It is good but not great. Overall, I find it too safe, inoffensive and average.Neither hate it nor like it. It is not a perfume that I can see myself in an Armani suit.

Pros: Smells sexy
Cons: Poor projection and sillage

26th May, 2013
EXPLENDIDO

Armani Code é um perfume para estigar as mulheres,profundamente elegante,com fixação boa e projeção na medida correta,discreto mas é bem marcante. pena ter muitas cópias por ai,mas esse é o original,seu aroma conquista e arrebata a quem sente,as mulheres é claro.

Pros: Sexy,com boa fixação e aroma magnifico
Cons: caro

18th May, 2013
First fragrance I've ever owned. Sweet, musk, slightly leathery. Smells like something you would wear when going out. I think Midnight in Paris accomplishes the same task with much better performance and scent.
12th May, 2013
This is the first fragrance I purchased for myself. I found it accidentally while looking for computer source code and out of curiosity, I (eventually) went to the mall to find it.
I like the powdery smell and the whole fragrance is pleasant and non-offensive to me.
The fragrance projects for a couple of hours and becomes a skin-scent that I feel is pleasant in close-quarters.
The sillage is a about 3 feet on me and is noticeable while moving and turning.
It really settles after about 6 hours of wear, but I prefer that if I'm going to clean up and change fragrances for the evening or go without an added frag.
Since I work in an office environment, I can wear this year round (consistent temperature inside).
11th May, 2013 (last edited: 31st August, 2014)
Powder, citrus. End of story. Nothing new here folks. Smells safe. nice. did I mention safe?
05th May, 2013
One of my favorite scents. It's very powdery, dark, and mysterious; but extremely classy. I think most people who hate on it are too worried about it being a mainstream, "safe" type scent; or just not their cup of tea. The projection is just average, but longevity is above average in my eyes. Great for office wear, or a night out, as any girl I've ever been involved with absolutely lived the smell (maybe even more so than myself).
05th March, 2013
Extremley dark and masculine, not dark in a gourmand way, just mysterious!
Used to wear this a lot and recently aquired a new bottle as a gift, forgot how much I loved this juice!
Despite it's infamous longevity and projection issues, it actually does OK on me, probably not far off DHI! (I think I have something up with my skin!) I do layer this with the shower gel and balm though...

I really pick up on a vanilla vibe with this frag, a powdery dark vanilla that is just devine.
IMO this frag is very versatile, I would wear all year round but would primarily wear this at night. It can work well on those cold winter days. I wouldn't wear on a summers day though unless you want to kill yourself of course...

Big thumbs up, one of the better scents from Armani - good job!
20th January, 2013
Wow im confused . I thought i was going to hate this . I always ignored this one till i was chating with the lady at maceys and haveing her smell every fragrence they owne . My M O .
She directed me to this and i remember reading bad comments about this on here in few bloggs . Needless to say they were wrong in my opinion . This is a awesone sent that smelt not to great on paper then the lady was like noooo no nooo you have to put this one on . I held my arm out closed my eyes and got blasted wich is what the sprayer does its a good one let me tell ya . Ultra good sprayer on this bottle i might add . I was baffled becauss on skin it is super warm and masculent and fresh at the same time . She said women like how it smells and i can see why . It could project better yes but sometimes others can smell you better than you can . im defiantly grabing a bottle of this ide be a fool not to .
14th January, 2013
Code smells absolutely delicious! There isnt much left to say about it. Warm and comforting, this scent just could project more and last more to be higher in the rank. Despite the lack of projection, i do like this and it's worth it in my opinion. This is a must try at least. Thumbs up!
06th January, 2013
At first I hated this fragrance. I had never worn a powdery scent so I was very turned off by how in your face it is with its powdery oriental feel. After a few wears, I really started to enjoy this scent. I started to pick up that burst of lemon in the opening that really sets it off. I could be wrong but I think the olive flower is what makes it so powdery. It disappears after 4-5 hours which transitions into a nice tonka bean base.

This has the potential to be a signature scent but it would never be my signature scent. Women seem to really be attracted to this scent as well. My favorite part about this scent is how it has perfect projection so it won't offend anybody. My biggest gripe is it can be a little spotty with the longevity but I'll get at least 5 hours either way.

8.7/10
16th December, 2012
I tend to decide what fragrance to wear going by the weather and what mood Im in. That being said I wear this on a cool but sunny day or strictly at night. Projection and longevity are so-so you might have to reapply once during the day. This isn't one of those "for everyone" type of fragrances so I wouldn't recommend blind buying.
05th December, 2012
It's very popular, but for good reason. I really like to wear fragrances that most people have never smelled or heard of, but you cannot go wrong with this. I love the spicy pepper notes in it and I'm surprised at how long it lasts on my skin being an EDT and not an EDP. It's a perfect cologne for the winter season.
05th December, 2012
This is amazing, love it form start to finish, the vanilla, the lemon.. perfect. It lacks projection and longevity but the sweetness and overall smell is worth the price you pay for this.
23rd November, 2012
One of my first fragrances (about 8 years ago), and although it's a good, safe introduction to the world of fragrances, I've come to want something a bit more bold and unique.

It's a bit overpriced for a designer fragrance, wears a little close to the skin after an hour or two, and is the Aqua di Gio of night time scents in Australia (too many people wear it).

That having been said, it is still a safe fragrance for a more formal evening at which you're not looking to create a stir, and its relatively low projection means you're not going to be accosting anyone's nostrils.

There are many better fragrances out there for the price, many of which will make you stand out from the crowd a bit more.
16th November, 2012
I was in the store trying many fragrances, and Armani Code didn't jump out at me initially. In fact, I ended up buying a Chanel perfume instead. But somehow the memory of AC's scent lingered in my mind and I couldn't get over it, so the next day I went back and bought it.

AC starts out fresh but quickly dries down to a delicious creamy base that is undeniably masculine. It is dark and very alluring, and reminds me of a sexy, classy and mysterious man. Great as an evening scent but suitable for office wear as well.
09th November, 2012
This one is pretty good. Very good Longevity. Definitely a good blind buy. I can smell the bergamot and lemon right away. Nicely done. Not too complex, which is good because it may have done this frag an injustice.
30th October, 2012 (last edited: 05th November, 2012)
I'm picking up bergamont and lemon with leather all mixed together with sweet anise. Within the mix is also olive and tobacco adding to the notes but in the background to the dominant lemon,leather and anise combo.

It smells fresh and sweet and a little bit powdery and would be perfect for the evening or romantic nights out with your girlfriend.
25th September, 2012