Reviews of Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Armani Code / Black Code by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

the_gabba_goul's avatar

Reminds me of Armani clothing...it's nice...but doesnt live up to the legend...

Sweet, a bit spicy, kind of reminiscent of fresh air or somehting...reminds me a bit of a self-styled Gordon Gekko wanabe who has to flash his Rolex, and throw cash around in order to pick up women...

05 January, 2006

flee's avatar

Although it smelt like bug spray on me, I've smelt it on others and it smells pretty good. So now I have a change of heart with black code.

01st January, 2006 (Last Edited: 14 March, 2006)

teflondog's avatar

It's a nice oriental, but sometimes it's too light. It's most suitable for intimate occassions when you're up close and personal because it stays rather close to the skin. It's not one to turn heads because it lacks in the sillage department. I'm among those who complain about its longevity. It doesn't last long for me, which is a major issue because most oriental scents get me through the day. It's a nice scent and good for those who want something along the lines of Le Male, but without the atomic strength.

29 December, 2005

subzero's avatar

bland juice

29 December, 2005

malka_lev_adom's avatar

I know why I liked it on me. Because it's very similar to the first Emporio for men, just sweeter... the tangier lemony note is missing from Black Code... to be honest, I'll stick to Emporio He. Much more fresh.

28 December, 2005

Joel_Cairo's avatar

I liked it at first, but then realized why: because i love Brit. This is essentially the same frag, with less longevity and fewer notes (less spice, more straight forward). Its good, just not nearly as enchanting as Brit. I suppose, however, that the absence of spices and cinnamon makes it better for warmer weather. A good one to get if you loved Brit through the winter but cant pull it off in heat.

09 December, 2005

incedal's avatar

Not bad, smells like creamy soap, nothing really interesting.

07 December, 2005

abimanyu's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

I love this fragrance, a good substitute for my signature Mania Man. Problem is it doesn't last 10 minutes on me so I have to spray it like crazy to get the same staying power(sillage) and strength as Mania Man. So I have to spray at least 6 times, 2 on my neck, 2 on my arms, and 2 on my body. Delicious dry down, girls love it, but not as much as they love Mania Man. It could be great if Armani could make it much stronger(maybe in Extreme edition?) and maybe add a littel amber or white musk on the dry down?

07 December, 2005

Joshaugustt's avatar

I ADD A THUMBS UP TO THIS GREAT, ARMANI SCENT! Joshaugustt

21st November, 2005

oriental_fragrance's avatar

It's wonderful!!! This is the first oriental flavor of Armani. If you are the one who very much like manly fragrance, you should not omit it!!!

10th October, 2005

JohnnyH's avatar

It's so plain and so normal to me. I've never liked armani fragrances. This 1, uummm...

09 October, 2005

20scents's avatar

Hmmm....tried to like this one. It's not bad, but maybe it's that unpleasant olive flower that keeps prodding me in the midst of an otherwise decent scent with potential. It seems to have too much in it, or just not the right stuff, for it to be a great fragrance. Best suited for casual outings, I think. (And is this the scent
    to replace Emporio Armani Night, a masterpiece
    which I miss?_

06 October, 2005

wedge's avatar

Shares similar notes to Miracle Homme, except I find Black Code to have a heady floral note that is quite prominent (must be the olive flower). Fresh and floral yet sophisticate and masculine.

29 September, 2005

takeshi-seven's avatar

I wear this scent during the day and it lasts until my late night evening engagements. Although the dry down remindes me of soap and that "out of the shower scent" that has been so overwrought and emulated by many other perfumes, Black Code towers above the competition. This fragrance is definitly one of my fav this year

26 September, 2005

MonkeyManMatt's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Definitely ok compared to much of the junk released by GA. Decent oriental heavy on woods and tonka, not unlike Le Male impressionwise. Lousy longevity though, and definitely too cheap-smeling in the end to accompany a sweet tux.

26 September, 2005

calchic's avatar

Genius scent, showing the house of Armani at its best with its understatement and elegance. This is another one of my husband's signature fragrances that I take out for a spin now and then as it's so unique. It's not a big statement-maker of a fragrance; if anything, it reminds me of how water fresh from a cold-running mountain stream might smell (yes, moreso than Silver Mountain Water does - sorry Creed!) if such a thing actually had a scent. It's got a light efferevescent snap from the citrus, a very light almost-sweetness from the olive flower and tonka. I don't find it masculine with a capital "M", which is part of its charm; it's discreet and sleek, much like the cut of an Armani jacket. One of the best fragrances the house of Armani has done in ages, in my opinion. And the bottle design is perfect, so much improved over some of the Armani packaging of yore.

20th September, 2005

docjason's avatar

Philippine Philippine

brit is better than this one

14 September, 2005

scenteur7's avatar

Wonderful - a skin musk accord blended with a creamy floral and powdery woods. Intoxicating and surprising. A classic is born.

09 September, 2005

dallasconundrum's avatar

Black Code is great for Sunday wear or more formal events. I suppose that you could pull it off for everyday, but I would rather have something different for daily wear. If you can only have one fragrance this probably isn't the one, but if have several and need something more formal/evening like then this would be a great addition.

11th August, 2005

richie23's avatar

I was totally disappointed with this fragrance. Smells like Burberry Brit mixed with Emporio. I think they were going for something special here but failed totally. It's a wood scent with lemon and a touch of powder. This one sold like crazy when it first came out, but I think it will lose its appeal in this "use it a bit and find something else" fragrance market. Very big on hype- short on delivery.

03 August, 2005

MFfan310's avatar

BREAKING NEWS: Armani does it again with another blockbuster, as Armani Black Code, months after launch, becomes the #2-selling men's fragrance in the US. Film at 11. OK, sales statistics aside, this IS a very good fragrance. It is well crafted and unique, something you might expect from the House of Armani. But, I have to give it a neutral rating since, well, it's starting to get overused. Then again, what else do you expect from Armani?

01st August, 2005

chris2005's avatar

Not exactly the best cologne I've ever tried, but it works well for everday use. Can't go wrong...

07 July, 2005

Sharky's avatar

I love Black Code, the only problem is that it does not last very long on my skin. I have only worn Black Code out a few times but already I have recieved a few compliments from the ladies.

10th June, 2005

Rapture's avatar

Walked into a Marshall Fields department store today and was almost assaulted by a sales woman who desperately wanted me to try the "brand new,AMAZING! Black Code cologe from Armani". I had already looked at this stuff on here and other sites and determined it wasnt me but decided to try it anyway. And,well, at first I couldnt think of any reason why people would wear this stuff. It started off as a light citrus scent that wasnt anything special or different. Now, here I am a few hours later and I can now say that this cologne reminds me of something else. Once it has dried down, it smells like a lighter version of The Dreamer by Versace. It appears to be fairly long lasting because it has been 6 hours since I have sprayed it on my wrist and I can still detect it there. The entire dry-down process is light and non offensive, so, I believe that this cologne may have a use for those in a formal setting. One where a cologne must not be so strong that it grabs attention but must also maintain a sophisticated, decent aroma. So, if you fall into the class of people needing a cologne like that this may be well worth looking into, but, if you are a teen like me, you may have very little use for this light scent.

26 March, 2005

gpancar's avatar

A well made fragrance. Gets your attention easily and gets lots of compliments. You can wear it in every occasion. I wish they start to sell Black Code in Turkey quickly. Very long lasting and gets attention whole day. I loved the olive notes much. Well balanced and very well made fragrance. Recommended.

26 March, 2005

deaconford's avatar

definately a sunday go to meeting bottle, elegant indeed!!!!!!1

17 March, 2005 (Last Edited: 20th April, 2005)

Matze's avatar

I don't know why only Yvan has given a comment to this great fragrance. But he is right. It's very sophisticated and warm.

22 February, 2005

fragrancefiend's avatar

This fragrance is in the top four in my collection. I like it very much for work. I still go with my creed scents for special occasions, but this works very well for every day in the cooler months.

17 February, 2005

Ryuuga_13's avatar

The worst perfume I've ever smelled in my life. Smells just like baby powder.

07 February, 2005