Reviews

Negative Reviews of Nuits de NoHo by Bond No. 9

I heard it was like Mugler's Angel. Kinda sort of, but that's a big stretch. It's a fresh, kinda-sweet synthetic fragrance. Not bad, but I can't say anything good for that. It didn't really speak to me or make me feel anything.

03rd February, 2015
Sweet Stuff

A sweet bouquet of flowers,

Lovely as can be;

Unisex? Well, maybe...

But too feminine for me.

07th June, 2013
Were somebody to describe the strategy that appears to have lead to this perfume, you'd stop them midway and tell them it won't work.

Take something that is defined by its volume, its dissonance, its creativity, its unabashed sense of purpose. In this case, Angel. Take the edges off the deliberately juxtaposed notes, remove all creative intent along with much of the idiosyncracy, fear that you might offend a delicate sensibility. Oh, yeah, keep just one thing: the volume. NdN crystalizes the problem of derivation among the post-Angels. It seeks to repeat Angel's success by throwing cotton candy and flowers at us. It supposes that by copying a few notes, it is like Angel, but by being risk-averse, it becomes the antithesis of Angel. Cheap yet expensive is the only juxtaposition that NdN poses.
09th September, 2011