Positive Reviews of Nuits de NoHo by Bond No. 9

Find out more about Nuits de NoHo by Bond No. 9 in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

krsams1's avatar

Underrated fragrance from this house and a definite winner. I enjoy how it evolves on me over time into a nice vanilla mood.

05th May, 2014 (Last Edited: 10th May, 2014)

Manderava's avatar

I get nothing unisex out of Noho. I find it to be a very feminine, deep and creamy fragrance. There's a layer of floral that comes out first, blanketed gently over a vanilla base but it's more complex than that. It draws you in and makes you wonder what else is going on in that rich warm jewel of a smell. I've only worn it once so far but I really like it!

05th December, 2012

Francop's avatar

Spain Spain

This stuff is Fantastic...one of my Real Favourites for Evening Wear...Cannot take my Hat enough times to acknowledge how good it is...

Am really Sorry to disagree with jtd, who I really respect for his beautiful reviews in basenotes...

Fantastic longevity and silage...

Big thumbs up...!!!

08th December, 2011

Kerosene's avatar

Im really starting to like this scent the more I test it out. It's very unisex and didnt know it was marketed for women until I just looked it up. I get a floral, semi-sweet, semi-rich vanilla. But the vanilla is toned down and doesnt smell too heavy. Enjoyable!

26th August, 2010

Kaern's avatar

Cripes! -- I thought this was unisex at least, bordering on the masculine side. I call it 'Pineapple Noir'. It definitely gives off a darkish ambery vibe in the drydown, almost resinous (must be the patchouli). The pineapple sticks around all through the phases on me and mixes brilliantly with the other notes. Longevity and sillage are very good and I love it to bits.

27th March, 2009

coastfansocal's avatar

Smooth and Exotic.

At first I smelled the vanilla and patchouli combo and thought "yuck, this is just like Angel for men, disgustingly syrupy and sweet!", but then I found something so different and distinct.

Nuits de Noho is like Angel for men /women in the sense that its a vanilla/patchouli combo but it comes across more refined, posh, spicy and sensual.

NdN seems like a gourmand fragrance at first, but it doesn't go over the top to irritate your senses. The best thing about NdN is that there is NO COFFEE AND NO CHOCOLATE IN THIS SCENT!!

My guess is that Angel was supposed to be like NdN, but comes across sickingly sweet and nasty. Many people love or hate Angel, but nearly everyone who has smelled NdN loves it. The lady at Saks in Beverly Hills said both Men and Women wear this scent. Its perfect for the winter...Sensual-musky- a touch of vanilla and patchouli.

Perhaps the greatest strength of NdN is that it combines Pineapple and Jasmine with the base notes of Patchouli and Vanilla.

Its a fresh-floral meets spicy-creamy combo thats very warm and inviting. Don't be fooled by the "vanilla" in this scent, its not a disgusting vanilla...its not cloying at all.

To understand the extraordinary sensuality of this scent, do the "soothing test". Spray a few drops on your wrists and walk outside when the weather is cold, like in winter. Smell your wrist, its so warm, musky, floral and fresh and the same time.
    Its almost like Nuits De Noho is a perfume version of Cognac in the winter time, it keeps you all warm inside! :)

Highly recommended for both men and women! BIG THUMBS UP!

11th November, 2008

bbBD's avatar

As with many Bond No.9 fragrances, Nuits de Noho is a rich composition that borders on gourmand without quite going all the way. It has a lot of body without being overly heavy, and it is certainly not perfumey at all. The other reviews that allude to a likeness with Angel are quite incorrect, unless you think every fragrance with gourmand notes must be like Angel. Angel is a dense, syrupy sweet berry/chocolate gourmand. Nuits de Noho's density is not all gourmand, it certainly isn't as sweet, and is more of a fruity floral. There's nothing 'thin' about NdN in the slightest.

As I've worked my way through nearly every Bond No. 9, I can't help but notice the close similarities between many fragrances in the line. Hearts and bases, notes and accords, are shared across many offerings. Nuits de Noho's gourmand-ish edge is replicated somewhat in the new Andy Warhol Lexington Ave. What sets NdN apart, and what made me purchase a bottle, is the pineapple-based top note that persists well into the base. The fruity top notes are not crisp - they're rounded with jasmine and musk, and they're not girly sweet. They put a fruity face on the floral heart. It's not pure pineapple, but the pineapple is noticeable. It's a much better use of pineapple then in L'Artisan's Annanas Fizz, which sounds like it would great but came off in reality to me as sour and muddled. The NdN fruit notes persist throughout the composition, which becomes more floral, and then musky as it develops.

I put on a healthy application of NdN and it projected very well - in fact too well (I put on a lot). It lasted about 8 hours, which may be in part because of how much I applied. Bond's don't last too well on my skin, and with a normal application it may not have lasted quite that long. Regardless, this is one of my favorite Bonds. Although classified as feminine it is 100% unisex (if you don't mind fruitish top notes) and I recommend it highly.

20th October, 2008

gerbert's avatar

Oh great Andrew, I'm glad to hear another man say they like this. I gave a tester to my girlfriend and she never wore it. Since I absolutely love it, I took it back. I like to sneak a little dab on my wrists here and there. It makes me feel like I'm on a tropical vacation. A little goes a very long way with this one. Sexy time.

06th August, 2008

acceptfacts's avatar

I can see the initial resemblance to Angel for women, however it gets lost quick when you realize the complexity of this wonderful frag and its smooth undertones. while angel punches you in the face while trying to overwhelm all your senses, nuits de noho captivates your olfactory senses evoking emotion of happiness and sensuality at the same time.... the pineapple in the background makes this fragrance wonderfully easy to wear and irresistible to everyone's nose.

22nd April, 2008

mcjra's avatar

Philippine Philippine

I smelled NdNH on paper, it made me dizzy and nautious. Tried it on my skin, how delish! Complete 180 degree turn around from paper to skin. Pineapple is such a refreshing alternative to all the citrusy or flowery offerings in mass market world. I agree with cologneguy that this could be unisex b/c I KNOW I could pull this scent off, but I bet it would smell even yummier on female skin. Might get a big bottle for me and the SO.

13th April, 2008

Andrewthecologneguy's avatar

Nigeria Nigeria

UPDATE: This can def be worn by a man. My wife wore it out of the blue and I went nuts! After huggin her some of it got on me, and I enjoy it on me as well.

I too initially dismissed this as a copy of Angel (or Britto for those who have discovered it) but then it started to change. The pineapple really makes a difference, 'cause sometimes, Angel can be too much, but with NdN I feel you can be liberal without feeling like a giant candy bar later.
    I also think this is can be unisex...on the right skin.

12th December, 2007 (Last Edited: 08th May, 2008)

ubuandibeme's avatar

The first time I tried Nuits de NoHo it didn't seem like anything special. I used the tiniest amount from a sample vial and thought it a bit too strong. In a hurry, I did'nt have time to wash and apply something else, so I just 'went with it'. Lo and behold, heads were turning, compliments were flying, and I was forced to re-evaluate this frag with my own chemistry. Finally, able to get to the Basenotes website, how suprised I was to read TOVAH'S initial and then subsequent commentary on this scent!!! I feel pretty much about the same. After wearing this one a few times, I appreciate that it is provocative, and yes - expressive. The patchouli in this formulation is ultra pleasing to my nose. The top-notes of pineapple leaves, mandarin and bergamot are uniquely juicy, with just the right amount of sweet. "Clean" & "Sexy" were some of the compliments I received when wearing NdNH! Now truthfully, what woman wouldn't want to smell clean and/or sexy?! Two thumbs way up.

16th October, 2007

Quarry's avatar

There's a new streaming music source from Earthlink called Pandora. It's an interactive, personalized station the listener shapes by their rating songs played from a certain genre. (Yes, I'm getting around to talking about Nuits de Noho.) Anyway, by choosing how well the listener likes/dislikes the songs played, a seemingly infinite pool of pleasing music will be programmed for the listener, offering a person not only items one already likes, but introducing one to very likable but previously unheard music. Some fragrances are like this. I would not have intentionally sought out pineapple as prominent note, but it's the way it performs within NdN that makes it pleasing. Where Mugler's Angel plays a particular tune with Sweetarts and chocolate, NdN plays a gentler rendition along the same line of melody but with pineapple and patchouli/vanilla. I may not want to be entertained by NdN every day, but, like Bonnie Raitt's rhythmic "Have a Heart," I'd like to enjoy it on a regular basis.

30th July, 2006

zztopp's avatar

The top notes are fantastic - you can clearly smell the pineapple note, and it lends a very different twist to the standards orange/grapefruit note usage in most citrus based scents. The drydown is smooth and maybe standard fare, but this is a fragrance worth trying.

28th July, 2006

Tovah's avatar

Update: Now I love this one instead of merely liking it. The notes are, indeed, some of my favorite. This fragrance used to seem too dramatic to me, but either I've grown into it, or I was wrong about it in the first place. When I first tried it, this particular type of vanilla-gourmand saturated the fragrance market, so I don't think I gave it a truly honest try. I've been sniffing a lot of chypres lately, so Nuits de Noho smells outstanding, provocative, and expressive.

18th February, 2006 (Last Edited: 14th January, 2007)