Reviews of Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Find out more about Allure Homme Sport by Chanel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

soythepanda's avatar

With rich notes of mandarin and bugspray, this cologne is the perfect way to spend far too much and reek of pretension. It seriously smells like the citrus section of a back alley green grocers, and as for the "sport" side of things: The only thing athletic about this cologne is evoked sense of running through an orange field trying not to choke as it is chemically dusted.

24 August, 2014 (Last Edited: 26 August, 2014)

Izzie's avatar

I realize this is a masculine release, and it's not a particularly feminine-smelling fragrance. On most people, that is. I've smelled this on men and found it perfectly pleasant, citrusy and fresh and clean. Good. I'd recommend it to any man looking for a fresh all-round fragrance that's not going to offend anyone.
    But on my skin, this somehow turns into a pretty white musk/citrus floral. On me, it smells very feminine. And very good, so I like it. So, I'd also recommend it to any woman looking for a good fresh scent that doesn't smell like a fruit salad, if this does on your skin what it does on mine.

10th July, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 July, 2014)

Muaythaifighter's avatar

I have to say I was pretty disappointed after reading all the hype about this and then going out and dropping my hard earned dollars on a bottle. Yes it looks good in my collection but to me it just smell girly and unimpressive. Too floral.

25 June, 2014

Way Off Scenter's avatar

Genre: Aquatic

Allure Homme Sport has some of the nastiest top notes I’ve experienced in some time: a Calone-drenched fruity aquatic accord alongside a fiendishly sour chemical note of piercing intensity. Mercifully the former mellows and the latter retreats very quickly, so that after just a few minutes what remains is a mildly aquatic sweet citrus, cedar and spice arrangement which while both insipid and chemical, offers the comparative advantage of not being utterly repugnant. Were those top notes a ploy to make the rest of the scent seem better than it really is?

The bland heart accords play out in linear fashion at moderate intensity before the citrus and spices disperse, leaving an undistinguished drydown of pale amber, cedar and bath product musk. I feel generous rating Allure Homme Sport as “neutral” but dull as it is it’s less bad in the end than a lot of its competitors.

08 June, 2014

Shifty Bat's avatar

Not the worst 'sport' scent (which is akin to a compliment where things like this are concerned) but a bit predictably banal. I enjoy the (barely) aldehydic opening blast but for a fragrance marketed for metrosexual semi-athletes working up a sweat I think having a synthetic, ambery base is too much. Starts off nice enough but quickly outstays its welcome, much like a boisterous party guest that pre-games on the alcohol. I think the 'Homme' should be replaced with 'Bro.'

28 May, 2014

ClarkScent's avatar

The two main things I love about this fragrance are 1. It's Chanel 2. It's a sport scent. The actual scent itself is ok but can you name a sport scent that has set the world on fire? A nice addition to the collection.

06 May, 2014

ZAAR's avatar

As a dedicated Creed wearer (Baie de Geneivre and Original Vetiver) my standards are high. Recently on a sampling spree I bought samplers of the highest recommended frags in the industry and found them all but several to be unacceptable. As for all those dime-a-dozen fresh frags, I ditched them all after chastising myself for being so gullible to believe the reviewers who themselves must have been victims to sheer marketing hype. I'm sorry, but those fresh frags ALL smell the same (loud and cheap) to my nose which is, incidentally, a Creed-born hardcore nose. And then, middle-spree, there arrived a small discreet package in the mail, the inside of which contained a small sampler of Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

I promptly sprayed more than I intended to (2 sprays) on my arm and thought "shower time 'cause this is surely headache en route".. but something crazy happened. Instead of a blast of loudness that wouldn't go away, that cologne fell in love with my skin, sank deep beneath the surface and quickly became the me I was seeking. Minimal alcohol content, maximum soul - discreet, controlled but oozing inner beauty and ultimate craftsmanship. THIS was the long-elusive scent I had been subliminally searching for..at that point, I knew, the search was over. Notwithstanding, I still wear my Creeds but this is the scent that I truly love. It smells like the gates of heaven when all the rushing is over.

25 January, 2014

shane220222's avatar

i was in the market for a signature scent i wanted a fresh aqueduct scent because they are very versatile. i went to my local cologne/perfume store and gave almost everything they had a shot allure homme sport stuck out the most out of many very great fragrances. but this isnt just another fresh aqueduct it has a smooth creaminess about it almost like lemon margarine pie but still has that signature fresh aqueduct lemon scent.....very nicely done.

23 January, 2014

Ryanmmas26's avatar

Well about 2 years back I tried the original Allure and loved it but honestly (maybe this is just how it comes off on my skin or doesnt match my personality) it smelled good but was a little too spicy and mature for me. So soon after I saw youtube reviews on the sport version and everyone said it was like a more youthful, fresh version of Allure so I decided to try it and to my surprise the reviews were dead on.

This scent is just a beautiful blend of fresh,sexy,oranges up top and then when it dries down its more of a creamy, sexy scent with the orange smell still lingering in the background. My GF loves this stuff and is by far 1 of her favorite scents. Although this scent alone isnt my favorite id have to say this is overall my best fragrance based on how good it smells,compliments,longevity and sillage!!!

29 December, 2013

shadowzxfire's avatar

Taiwan Taiwan

Good all year round scent

When I first bought it, I needed a good summer scent. But as summer ended, I realized that it was one of the few scents that I could wear all year round because the top is great for warmer weather, but the middle and base notes work well too for the cooler months :)

Also, it is a great compliment getter and won't offend the majority of people.

Pros: Sillage, longevity, versatile, compliment getter
    Cons:

11th September, 2013

ROYALSQUAD's avatar

notBAD

Don't have a problem with this one. I can see why the general pop would enjoy it, it's got a nice citrus + sweet + this nutty kind of smell that is not offensive at all. It slightly reminds me of Bleu de Chanel w/o the woody and spicy and more sweet + nutty. Cool fragrance to have in your collection~

Pros: Versatile
    Cons: Nada

24 June, 2013

Oldspice's avatar

Great

I've been a long-time fan of the original Allure and wish I'd tried Allure Sport earlier.  Allure seems like an unlikely scent to try to make into a sporty energetic flanker but Mr. Polge pulled it off.  On application there is a strong fresh citrus presence.  A lot of sporty aquatic-types come off as harsh and unpleasant on my skin but this one does not.  The citrus top slowly fades away but never completely disappears and the base is true to the original Allure.  Medium projection, good longevity.  Very nice.

17 May, 2013

Togetic's avatar

A sour scent

Got this as a present and kept it as it initially was a pleasant scent - big mistake! Whilst the top notes are create a relatively balanced and pleasant citrusy scent, something goes horrible wrong in the drydown, at least on my skin. Not quite sure why, but it turns sour and nauseates me. Adding to that, the longevity is quite good, and it is near impossible to get off again. I have given it many chances, but this same thing always happens. It is especially bad in humid conditions, which makes little sense as it supposedly is a sports scent.

Pros: Good opening
    Cons: Generic, poor base notes, turns 'sour'

16 May, 2013

Mattybono's avatar

Allure Homme Sport is my favorite Chanel fragrance and one of my all-time top picks in any category! It provides a glorious blend of delicious citrus, wood & pepper that keeps its presence throughout while drying down with some tonka-vanilla-musk creaminess to boot.

Do not be fooled by the "Sport" in the name, this is a classy, high-quality EDT!
    With 3 sprays: Longevity is SUPERB at 8-10 hours. Projection is better than great for the first 3-4 hours and even at 8 hours, I have received compliments long after I thought I was merely in "skins-sent" mode!

In my opinion, this is a year-round, any time of day or night fragrance that is a perfect "signature-scent" for nearly any age and you can always trust that it will perform well for any occasion. I am extremely confident that I will always own a bottle (or two) of Allure Homme Sport and highly recommend it to anyone even remotely considering it!
    It is a must-buy and an absolute legend! (10 out of 10)

21st February, 2013

ecollins30's avatar

I won a bunch of Allure Homme Sport samples. I will say that this doesnt seem so much 'sport'. More powdery than fresh - which I dont mind. Overall Im not the biggest fan of this scent and probably wont buy a bottle BUT I must say that I get complimented when I wear this cologne. Though this scent is not for me, I like that people around me like it.

07 January, 2013

Mandrake's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

I quite like this orange avainillada creamy with a hint of wood! Currently not think the buy back, but when it was released enjoyed it. In my skin had a good performance. Despite having the word sport engraved on the bottle, does not make her cologne for after a workout, is much more versatile. Who likes to smell you, especially the girls.

22 December, 2012

Jaime N's avatar

Portugal Portugal

I've had Allure Edition Blanche in the past and I really liked it. I love this one too. The citrus is not as pronounced or as creamy on this one, but the fragrance is more well-balanced, the woods and musk on this one bringing in a little more "roundness" and making the whole concoction much more safer for the more sensible noses (AEB's basenotes could become a bit cloying depending on people and/or weather conditions)

All in all, I love them both.

18 December, 2012

comfortablynumbbg's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

It's between this and Dior Homme Sport for best sport fragrance on the market. This is one is very pleasant. Not the best longevity and projection but spraying on the shirt it's noticeable for a while. Summer exclusive, maybe spring if very hot.

08 December, 2012

inspectorkane's avatar

Let me first start off by saying, I don't know what is wrong with the people saying this cologne is no good, or just OK. I have been buying fragrances for years, and I currently own at least 50 of them. This is BY FAR one of the best ever made!! Do yourself a favor and don't listen to those saying otherwise... They have terrible taste apparently! GIRLS go nuts over this stuff. It is one of the most pleasant smelling colognes I have ever come across! Synthetic? No it's not... And really, who cares if it is... This gets the job done! This embodies so many scents in the one fragrance - It is very fresh and clean and also has a little spice, woods, citrus, etc. Just buy it! TRUST ME!

01st December, 2012

ftUK's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

When I tried this at store, it was really nice.
    I bought a full bottle. However after a few times of usage, I tend to dislike this. Not that sort of meh but...hmmm I dont know really.
    Dont take my words though. somewhat generic

25 November, 2012

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

I'll agree with some people that this scent is a bit synthetic and is not quite refined. However, despite that I find it pleasant. There is thin line between liking this scent and finding it nauseating. The line is thinner with AHS au extreme which I also like. And then it hits me, like all the rest - Versace Pour Homme. Now, Versace Pour Homme in my humble opinion does much better job than AHS and AHSauE. Why? In Versace PH they've cut the sweetness and left all the thickness but much more fresh. Yes, AHS is older indeed but Versace PH is better - yeah, throw rocks at me, I'm a great heathen. In the case of AHSauE the connection with Versace PH is even bigger but the sweetness in AHSauE is a bit more refined but also a bit stronger than the original AHS. I'm rating AHS thumb up on account it came out before Versace PH and was a good example for Versace PH which is thus more polished. I couldn't make this review without mentioning Versace PH and Allure Homme Sport au Extreme.

22 November, 2012

Montecristo's avatar

Imagine taking Allure, toning it down some, adding some lemony aquatic notes.....Boom...Allure Homme Sport. Nice longevity and sillage. The creamy, lemony smell of the fragrance seems to be a big crowd pleaser. Not generic at all. Don't know where some of these reviewers are getting that.

27 September, 2012

Johannes's avatar

Norway Norway

They took the original Allure, added too much lemon and lots of alcohol and ended up with something dry, acrid and uninteresting. No allure left at all.

29 August, 2012

crono38's avatar

Has a similar feel to Ck Shock for me. Smells kind of fruity with a touch of spice, not my thing. If you liked Ck Shock you'll like this. The note might be this grape or orange accord with maybe some vanilla, but I reallly think they are similar.It's a really sweet scent for me, but you may like this sort of thing.

Scent 5
    Longevity 7
    Sillage 4

22 August, 2012

rbaker's avatar

A sport fragrance that has an aquatic-orange top note that even for Chanel is very aldehydic. A bit of wood and a faint bit of pepper and neroli cannot avoid the impression of being a bit watery. It is fresh all right, with medium projection and about two hours of longevity. Luca Turin was maybe a bit harsh on this one, but this does not have the genius and creativity that characterises the great Chanels; this is just good after gym for an hour or two, to put on a proper fragrance afterwards for later.

04 August, 2012

BeenThereSmeltThat's avatar

I adore this scent. i think it's simplicity has an elegance of it's own. it is highly versatile. it is authoritative and commanding yet calm nd non offensive. I have issues with Projection and Longevity as it is so unbalanced and spotty. i don't find it to be a "Generic Sport Scent" no. Try "Armarni Code Sport" for that one. it is sophisticated and street wise and is a absolute main stay in my collection. Perfect for going out to a fancy restaurant in the summer!!

04 August, 2012

kokonut's avatar

I don't like it at all. It's very artificial and gives me headaches because of that.

05 June, 2012

Erind's avatar

this is a total sporty scent. i mean does what it says on the bottle sport!! if ur going to play a game of footie or tennis? or hitting the gym at peak times knowing the girl u fancy will be there then yes! is the perfect choice. is amazingly fresh and pleasant. but not for when ur properly dressed and going out.

please everybody. when it says sport. it means sport. stop wearing sport scents when u go out to meet friends and socialize. they say sport for a reason. if it says summer version then it means its for summer and is for all occasions

. if you jump in the car in shorts and sneakers going to the park to shoot some hoops then this is what you shud smell like.

21st May, 2012

Bostonguy's avatar

This is a classic, daytime Spring/Summer scent.

It's sweet and citrusy on the top. I don't get aquatic (like in the pyramid) at all. Very orange/mandarin oil scent heavy.

The drydown is heavy on cedar and the orange notes persist. There are earthy notes, too. The musky, woody smells make this very, very creamy. Think of drinking an Orange Julius (the creamy, cool drink from the mall) while sitting on a cedar bench on a cool day at your local park (near the trees!).

It's a nice scent. Very useful for work and could be a signature scent during the warmer months. I'd not rock it at night.

01st May, 2012

tacos's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

This is just what it says it is...a sporty flagrance. So great to put on after you been to the gym and just worked out. Nothing more. And in this aspect it does its job. It is fresh, you can even get some compliments with it. But dont expect anything else then that..

07 April, 2012