Positive Reviews of Allure Homme Sport by Chanel

Find out more about Allure Homme Sport by Chanel in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Izzie's avatar

I realize this is a masculine release, and it's not a particularly feminine-smelling fragrance. On most people, that is. I've smelled this on men and found it perfectly pleasant, citrusy and fresh and clean. Good. I'd recommend it to any man looking for a fresh all-round fragrance that's not going to offend anyone.
    But on my skin, this somehow turns into a pretty white musk/citrus floral. On me, it smells very feminine. And very good, so I like it. So, I'd also recommend it to any woman looking for a good fresh scent that doesn't smell like a fruit salad, if this does on your skin what it does on mine.

10th July, 2014 (Last Edited: 09 July, 2014)

ClarkScent's avatar

The two main things I love about this fragrance are 1. It's Chanel 2. It's a sport scent. The actual scent itself is ok but can you name a sport scent that has set the world on fire? A nice addition to the collection.

06 May, 2014

ZAAR's avatar

As a dedicated Creed wearer (Baie de Geneivre and Original Vetiver) my standards are high. Recently on a sampling spree I bought samplers of the highest recommended frags in the industry and found them all but several to be unacceptable. As for all those dime-a-dozen fresh frags, I ditched them all after chastising myself for being so gullible to believe the reviewers who themselves must have been victims to sheer marketing hype. I'm sorry, but those fresh frags ALL smell the same (loud and cheap) to my nose which is, incidentally, a Creed-born hardcore nose. And then, middle-spree, there arrived a small discreet package in the mail, the inside of which contained a small sampler of Chanel Allure Homme Sport.

I promptly sprayed more than I intended to (2 sprays) on my arm and thought "shower time 'cause this is surely headache en route".. but something crazy happened. Instead of a blast of loudness that wouldn't go away, that cologne fell in love with my skin, sank deep beneath the surface and quickly became the me I was seeking. Minimal alcohol content, maximum soul - discreet, controlled but oozing inner beauty and ultimate craftsmanship. THIS was the long-elusive scent I had been subliminally searching for..at that point, I knew, the search was over. Notwithstanding, I still wear my Creeds but this is the scent that I truly love. It smells like the gates of heaven when all the rushing is over.

25 January, 2014

shane220222's avatar

i was in the market for a signature scent i wanted a fresh aqueduct scent because they are very versatile. i went to my local cologne/perfume store and gave almost everything they had a shot allure homme sport stuck out the most out of many very great fragrances. but this isnt just another fresh aqueduct it has a smooth creaminess about it almost like lemon margarine pie but still has that signature fresh aqueduct lemon scent.....very nicely done.

23 January, 2014

Ryanmmas26's avatar

Well about 2 years back I tried the original Allure and loved it but honestly (maybe this is just how it comes off on my skin or doesnt match my personality) it smelled good but was a little too spicy and mature for me. So soon after I saw youtube reviews on the sport version and everyone said it was like a more youthful, fresh version of Allure so I decided to try it and to my surprise the reviews were dead on.

This scent is just a beautiful blend of fresh,sexy,oranges up top and then when it dries down its more of a creamy, sexy scent with the orange smell still lingering in the background. My GF loves this stuff and is by far 1 of her favorite scents. Although this scent alone isnt my favorite id have to say this is overall my best fragrance based on how good it smells,compliments,longevity and sillage!!!

29 December, 2013

shadowzxfire's avatar

Taiwan Taiwan

Good all year round scent

When I first bought it, I needed a good summer scent. But as summer ended, I realized that it was one of the few scents that I could wear all year round because the top is great for warmer weather, but the middle and base notes work well too for the cooler months :)

Also, it is a great compliment getter and won't offend the majority of people.

Pros: Sillage, longevity, versatile, compliment getter
    Cons:

11th September, 2013

ROYALSQUAD's avatar

notBAD

Don't have a problem with this one. I can see why the general pop would enjoy it, it's got a nice citrus + sweet + this nutty kind of smell that is not offensive at all. It slightly reminds me of Bleu de Chanel w/o the woody and spicy and more sweet + nutty. Cool fragrance to have in your collection~

Pros: Versatile
    Cons: Nada

24 June, 2013

Oldspice's avatar

Great

I've been a long-time fan of the original Allure and wish I'd tried Allure Sport earlier.  Allure seems like an unlikely scent to try to make into a sporty energetic flanker but Mr. Polge pulled it off.  On application there is a strong fresh citrus presence.  A lot of sporty aquatic-types come off as harsh and unpleasant on my skin but this one does not.  The citrus top slowly fades away but never completely disappears and the base is true to the original Allure.  Medium projection, good longevity.  Very nice.

17 May, 2013

Mattybono's avatar

Allure Homme Sport is my favorite Chanel fragrance and one of my all-time top picks in any category! It provides a glorious blend of delicious citrus, wood & pepper that keeps its presence throughout while drying down with some tonka-vanilla-musk creaminess to boot.

Do not be fooled by the "Sport" in the name, this is a classy, high-quality EDT!
    With 3 sprays: Longevity is SUPERB at 8-10 hours. Projection is better than great for the first 3-4 hours and even at 8 hours, I have received compliments long after I thought I was merely in "skins-sent" mode!

In my opinion, this is a year-round, any time of day or night fragrance that is a perfect "signature-scent" for nearly any age and you can always trust that it will perform well for any occasion. I am extremely confident that I will always own a bottle (or two) of Allure Homme Sport and highly recommend it to anyone even remotely considering it!
    It is a must-buy and an absolute legend! (10 out of 10)

21st February, 2013

Mandrake's avatar

Venezuela Venezuela

I quite like this orange avainillada creamy with a hint of wood! Currently not think the buy back, but when it was released enjoyed it. In my skin had a good performance. Despite having the word sport engraved on the bottle, does not make her cologne for after a workout, is much more versatile. Who likes to smell you, especially the girls.

22 December, 2012

Jaime N's avatar

Portugal Portugal

I've had Allure Edition Blanche in the past and I really liked it. I love this one too. The citrus is not as pronounced or as creamy on this one, but the fragrance is more well-balanced, the woods and musk on this one bringing in a little more "roundness" and making the whole concoction much more safer for the more sensible noses (AEB's basenotes could become a bit cloying depending on people and/or weather conditions)

All in all, I love them both.

18 December, 2012

comfortablynumbbg's avatar

Bulgaria Bulgaria

It's between this and Dior Homme Sport for best sport fragrance on the market. This is one is very pleasant. Not the best longevity and projection but spraying on the shirt it's noticeable for a while. Summer exclusive, maybe spring if very hot.

08 December, 2012

inspectorkane's avatar

Let me first start off by saying, I don't know what is wrong with the people saying this cologne is no good, or just OK. I have been buying fragrances for years, and I currently own at least 50 of them. This is BY FAR one of the best ever made!! Do yourself a favor and don't listen to those saying otherwise... They have terrible taste apparently! GIRLS go nuts over this stuff. It is one of the most pleasant smelling colognes I have ever come across! Synthetic? No it's not... And really, who cares if it is... This gets the job done! This embodies so many scents in the one fragrance - It is very fresh and clean and also has a little spice, woods, citrus, etc. Just buy it! TRUST ME!

01st December, 2012

Zgb's avatar

Croatia Croatia

I'll agree with some people that this scent is a bit synthetic and is not quite refined. However, despite that I find it pleasant. There is thin line between liking this scent and finding it nauseating. The line is thinner with AHS au extreme which I also like. And then it hits me, like all the rest - Versace Pour Homme. Now, Versace Pour Homme in my humble opinion does much better job than AHS and AHSauE. Why? In Versace PH they've cut the sweetness and left all the thickness but much more fresh. Yes, AHS is older indeed but Versace PH is better - yeah, throw rocks at me, I'm a great heathen. In the case of AHSauE the connection with Versace PH is even bigger but the sweetness in AHSauE is a bit more refined but also a bit stronger than the original AHS. I'm rating AHS thumb up on account it came out before Versace PH and was a good example for Versace PH which is thus more polished. I couldn't make this review without mentioning Versace PH and Allure Homme Sport au Extreme.

22 November, 2012

Montecristo's avatar

Imagine taking Allure, toning it down some, adding some lemony aquatic notes.....Boom...Allure Homme Sport. Nice longevity and sillage. The creamy, lemony smell of the fragrance seems to be a big crowd pleaser. Not generic at all. Don't know where some of these reviewers are getting that.

27 September, 2012

BeenThereSmeltThat's avatar

I adore this scent. i think it's simplicity has an elegance of it's own. it is highly versatile. it is authoritative and commanding yet calm nd non offensive. I have issues with Projection and Longevity as it is so unbalanced and spotty. i don't find it to be a "Generic Sport Scent" no. Try "Armarni Code Sport" for that one. it is sophisticated and street wise and is a absolute main stay in my collection. Perfect for going out to a fancy restaurant in the summer!!

04 August, 2012

Bostonguy's avatar

This is a classic, daytime Spring/Summer scent.

It's sweet and citrusy on the top. I don't get aquatic (like in the pyramid) at all. Very orange/mandarin oil scent heavy.

The drydown is heavy on cedar and the orange notes persist. There are earthy notes, too. The musky, woody smells make this very, very creamy. Think of drinking an Orange Julius (the creamy, cool drink from the mall) while sitting on a cedar bench on a cool day at your local park (near the trees!).

It's a nice scent. Very useful for work and could be a signature scent during the warmer months. I'd not rock it at night.

01st May, 2012

tacos's avatar

Netherlands Netherlands

This is just what it says it is...a sporty flagrance. So great to put on after you been to the gym and just worked out. Nothing more. And in this aspect it does its job. It is fresh, you can even get some compliments with it. But dont expect anything else then that..

07 April, 2012

Silver90's avatar

Estonia Estonia

Allure Homme Sport is a very pleasant scent. It is strong enough, but far from being offensive. It smells a little bit sweet and refreshing at the same time, very pleasing smell !:) I love to smell myself when I have it on. Certain thumbs up!

18 March, 2012 (Last Edited: 07 April, 2012)

dollars&scents's avatar

Chanel - Allure Homme Sport ... I dare say it is one of best, overall, summer fragrances ... a fantastic journey from its sharp, orange, citrus opening, through its imaginative, peppery, neroli and cedar heart, thence morphing into its exquisite, creamy and sexy, white musk and vetiver base ...

04 November, 2011

turbocharg3dazn's avatar

A hot weather scent that has great longevity. Orange, Vetiver stand out the most to me. I've gotten some complements on this. It is tasteful and can be worn anytime to any occasion. I never thought a "sport" scent would smell classy but it does!

Overall 8/10

If I ran out of this juice, I would buy it again.

19 October, 2011

killerloop's avatar

This fragrance is versatile! I prefer wearing this one through warmer months of the year but you can definitely get away with wearing this one pretty much whenever you feel like.

One thing I love to do with this one is mix it with Armani Attitude for night time wear. It's ridiculous! In a good way, of course. ;)

25 August, 2011

Notreveh's avatar

Brazil Brazil

Another top in my collection. This fragrance is just perfect for me. Smells so different as the usually summer fragrances we have out there.

Starts out with a citrus chord guaranteed by an orange note that through time fades out giving space to a sweet chord where tonka bean and vanilla takes place. Just gorgeous.

It stays on my skin for about 6 hours and projects for about 2~3 hours.

I love this stuff, just love it!

21st August, 2011

silentrich's avatar

This is really a deceiving fragrance in many ways. It's supposed to be a sports fragrance, but it's not. Comes out with an all out citrus bomb that smells like lemon, but there's no lemon in it. Has an aquatic note that doesn't seem to exist. A pepper note that is so faint you'd miss it and begins to transform into this almost vanilla drydown. Then when you think you have it figured out it releases a beautiful white musk, vetiver, and amber drydown. Finally when you think it's all done, that lemon note that doesn't exist bites again and performs the final magic trick. Don't know what the hell happened, but you want to see it again. I can't imagine someone not liking this. Exceptional fragrance.

03 July, 2011

Longhorns's avatar

Very nice fragrance. I understand we all have our "favorites," but how someone can just knock this fragrance is beyond me. It has a great opening, middle, and end smell. Very nice. And I'm not a Chanel bandwagoner, but this one is definitely in my top 5 behind my favorite Musc Devajour by Frederic Malle.

30th April, 2011

spirit966's avatar

Hong Kong Hong Kong

This is not a "Sport" fragrance at all.

Good for Spring/Summer, along with fragrances such as YSL L'Homme, GIT, so AHS not the freshest thing around.. Nothing unique really but it is well done, although top notes are slightly synthetic.

I like this more than Allure Homme, not because AHS is better, but because there are too many better alternatives under the oriental spicy fragrance category that Allure Homme has to compete against.

AHS smells quite different to Allure Homme . The cedarwood is more prominent and powdery in AHS. AHS is aquatic orange + powdery cedar + creamy musk

Allure Homme = warm slightly bitter orange + dabs of pepper + sweet tonka and sticky amber (labdanum?)

Its actually very sexy.
    Aquatic and synthetic mandarin opening transitions to a bit of spices from the pepper and merges with a sweet white musk with a lot of sandalwood.

Definitely a complement getting.

Issue:
    Cool Water epitomized the generation above me
    Aqua di Gio, Issey Miyake and Le Male epitomized my generation
    Now the orange citrus, woods and musk combo epitomizes the current college crowd.

If you want an upgrade and slightly more mature version of this, check out Creeds' Aventus. Its a different fragrance, but the composition is along the same vein.

29 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 06 April, 2014)

Rescentment's avatar

Put this on tonight for the first time in quite a few months.

Quality, smooth fragrance.

The opening is a blast of energy and the dry down is so smooth.

25 March, 2011

kpark67's avatar

Japan Japan

This is some amazing stuff. In my opinion the best designer summer fragrance I have tried so far.

In the beginning, this opens up with lemons. Lemons, lemons, lemons. I don`t really like the initial opening to this, as in my opinion it smells a bit synthetic. However, after about 20 minutes or so, it turns into a slightly bitter orange smell and gets a little more creamy and pleasant. That`s what I get out of this in the beginning.

I have to say this...the beginning is, while a bit synthetic, still to my nose pretty pleasant. However, it is the dry down to this that is just amazing. I smell the tonka and the white musk in the dry down. IF you really put your nose into your wrist and think about it, you can definitely smell the tonka, AND the musk. You can pick out the individual notes, but if you just smell it without thinking about it, it kind of smells like vanilla. That`s what I get out of it. Not a strong vanilla, but its definitely vanilla.

I think its interesting because the top notes of this--the orange, which is to me the predominent smell in the top note lingers throughout the entire time that this is on your skin. When it blends with the tonka and white musk in the drydown, it reminds me of one of those orange creamsicles. You know, those little orange popsicles with vanilla ice cream inside. Smells extremely...yummy. Haha.

Definitely get the pepper up top too. Its weird because this is not only fresh and sweet, but almost a little spicy at the same time...hard to explain, but this is in my opinion an extremely well blended fragrance that attacks you from all different angles-sweet, fresh, spicy. Very interesting and unique. Extremely well done and blended. To those of you who are looking for a signature scent, this might be what you are looking for. The citrus at the top makes this easy to pull of in the summer, but the tonka and musk and amber at the base makes it suitable for the colder months as well. This is Mr. Versatile in my book.

06 March, 2011

klonjunkie's avatar

I guess that finding a particular frag pleasing or not really is an individual thing because I don't know how anyone could dislike this one. Allure HS has been one of my favorites for several years. I was making a clothing purchase at my local dept. store a few yrs. ago and the saleslady invited me to try the tester for AHS that was sitting by the register. I liked it so much I asked her to go and get a bottle for me right then and there. I've been a fan ever since. Give it a try - you might be pleasantly surprised!

19 February, 2011

kurt0's avatar

A definite try. A very safe, fresh citrus with a touch of creaminess to it. My swiss army knife for sure. It is great for any age, and pretty unisex IMO...good longevity and projection/also lasts awhile on clothing.
    This is my special occasion fragrance! But, it can be a year round signature scent, work scent, night out- anything. it'll be good for any situation. If you are into more "masculine" scents, it MIGHT not be for you.

13 February, 2011 (Last Edited: 01st March, 2011)