Negative Reviews of Endymion by Penhaligon's

I don't know what it is about Penhaligon fragrances, but every offering I've sampled to date has suffered from below average sillage and terribly poor longevity. Endymion was no exception.

While it lasted, the scent was a combination of lavender and vanilla, supported by a base of wood, vetiver and leather. The composition falls between clean laundry and barbershop, but it's really nothing original. Unfortunately, the whole scent collapsed within an hour, and I had the same result with Opus and Juniper Sling. Given the $100+ price, I couldn't recommend any of the house's offerings. Thumbs Down for me.
24th November, 2015
Was excited to get this in! Unfortunately it does not last on my skin, doesn't project, and doesn't smell unless I put my know right up to it.

It's a pleasant smell, good for office and neutral settings, even a date, but this just does not work on my skin.
20th January, 2015
After exeriencing Duoro, Endymion proved to be an over-hyped blind buy. Apart from the latte note, Endymion doesn't have much going for it.
24th December, 2008

Another hip, mod, up-to-date, "with it", cutting-edge fragrance that IMHO smells like a little old lady's cedar chest filled with cherished memories, such as doilies, ribbon-wrapped letters, pressed flowers and such. I smell the sweetness and the cedar and all I can think of is knitting and the victrola. Maybe I am too retro to be truly modern, but I would run as fast as I could away from this. As John Wayne might have said, "What'a ya kiddin' me?" Considering everything, this could be the signature fragrance of Quentin Crisp, or his ma-,a'

01st October, 2008
Kaern Show all reviews
Rather over-hyped fragrance imo. It gives off a rather bland so-so spicy, sage-heavy opening, then am unable to identify any different middle notes, especially any aroma resembling coffee (uh?). However, the base has a pretty good leathery finish. If a fragrance could be described as 'snooty' this is it. If you can find cheaper, but not as fashionable, versions that you like, I would go for them. There are much better alternatives in Penhaligon's range -- Castile and Opus for a start.

Kaern