Reviews

Positive Reviews of Anvers by Ulrich Lang

Anvers opens with a fresh herbaceous accord immediately joined by honey and violet. The whole fragrance is made of a pleasant and gentle sweetness as the honey note is cleverly freshened by herbs and surrounded by a tropical fruits feeling that make this fragrance quite distinctive. On the other hand I get a few "ordinary aspects" that made me think about others generic mass market fragrances especially in the drydown where IMO Anvers lacks in personality. Overall this is a nice scent and quite an easywear. Nothing really necessary but if you're lucky you can find it for 20$ at a discount store (as happened to me).
08th April, 2011
This is very modern and complex scent. I detect green notes, violet like Narciso Rodriguez for him and smokey notes. Very unique. Thumbs up
06th June, 2010
I bought this. It's smells really good and the women love it. Very classy and the scent just keeps changing. Never had anything like this before. Like Mentallo said, it's not for everyone. The second Anvers, Anvers 2 smells alot like Jean Paul G's Fleur de Mal I feel. I tried both before deciding and although Anvers 2 was my first choice I went with Anvers 1. It grew on me and it a very warm scent for the fall/winter. I would not buy this again just because it is very pricey.
30th December, 2008
Very rich and complex juice. Roger Szmulewicz and Ulrich Lang itself are perfumers behind this superb fragrance.

To me this is clearly an aromatic fougere scent. The main theme is that samekind of vegetal charachter like in Rive Gauche PH, although the scents are very different in the end.

Crispy citrus opening followed by great smelling honeyed herbs and flowers. Ambery base with hint of guava smells very exotic. It almost has a tropical feel to it.

Long lasting unique scent with very nuanced projection.

16th November, 2008
Love it. Classy yet playful. I guess it's not for everybody but thats also why I like it.
05th April, 2007
Anvers immediately reminded me of two fragrances: Havana by Aramis & Rochas Man. It smells a lot like a cross between the two. Since I am great fan of Havana (fragrances with tobacco notes for that matter) and Rochas Man, I love this one. This is a must try if you're into tobacco fragrances.
13th May, 2006
Top: bergamot, lime, tangerine, sage, mint and basil
Heart: violet, jasmine, geranium, sesame and honey
Base: leather, moss, amber, precious woods and guava
26th November, 2005 (last edited: 30th August, 2006)
This stuff is GREAT....I do get a second-hand smoke sensation but...It is VERY pleasent ( I despise cigarrette smoke) Anyway, My wife REALLY digs this one.
22nd October, 2005
Begged for and was presented with this masterful creation Xmas morn. I was hooked from the first sample run months ago. The combination of aromatic woods, leather, guava and other niceties breaks down to an incredibly savory smoky finish. By use of the phrase smoky, one would normally envision an acrid, cloying beast, not so, just the suggestion of smokiness brought about by the aformentioned ingredients. CAUTION: or slovenly snot nosed skatebording wankers gents. This be grown up and scrathing at the door for clubbing or the executive jet setter. HERE HERE!!!
side note: Hope your having a pleasant holiday season Grant, chalk another year up for the mighty Basenotes!!!!!
John
27th December, 2003
Truly original - the best new scent I've smelled in a while. It seethes urbanity. Reminiscent of a Fall evening out on the town, the kind where you can see your breath and the air is slightly moist, crisp and invigorating. It has a curiously pleasing note that, seriously, reminds me of second-hand cigarette smoke on a wool suit jacket (from back in the day when smoking was still allowed in the good bars). Class, sophistication and cool. Highly recommended.
04th November, 2003