Reviews

Negative Reviews of Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

"I will return to Paris tomorrow evening. Don't wash," wrote Napolean to Josephine.

This fragrance is what she smelled like...
11th January, 2012
It starts as one of my worst nightmares: a flare of flowers, especially jasmine and orange blossom the way I hate them (I can't exactly explain how it is but I could recognize it everywhere: sharp, oily, dirty in an uninteresting way,sickly sweet...).
I barely keep myself from scrubbing the fragrance from my arm when something familiar for me emerges and...it's Dyptique Ofresia I'm smelling!! The same peppery and wet, transparent woody notes that I loved so much for a couple of years, long ago, before breaking a half full bottle on the bathroom floor and beginning to loathe it. This one doesn't even need spilling: the base notes, annoyingly long lasting, soon turn chemical and soapy, rendering the fragrance quite nasty for me.
21st November, 2011 (last edited: 23rd November, 2011)
Heavy, cloying, strong, overly sweet oriental. Headache-inducing for me, had to scrub this.
13th September, 2010

cjkamm Show all reviews
Not a fan. Starts off very strong, has a synthetic weird smell like an old fashion hair product---maybe dipity-do!
16th March, 2010
I got the EDT after reading these reviews, and simillar ones elsewhere. As i luuuw musky scents, i had high hopes for this one. But, there was only this high pitch synthetic note taking over the whole show. No musk at all. I dont know what that dominating note is, as im a perfume novice. But my OH my, it got the power!!! After four scrubs under the sink and two showers, its was finally gone. This makes me wonder; how come my fav perfumes doesnt stay on my skin that long?
28th November, 2009
I had great hopes for this(edp) for the first 5 minutes.Each time I tried it, the opening was an interesting play of floral notes---then a sour note reared up and dominated all for the next eon. Icky orange flower?? So I scrubbed it.
19th August, 2009
I tried to like this one, the bottle is pretty, and I heard it was like Lovely, which I also wanted to like.
But they smell overwhelmingly strong to me, like bugspray. I don't know which component is giving
that bitter smell, I feel there are other notes that are nice, but I had to return it to the store. Glad Sephora
gave me my money back.
06th January, 2009
Since no one has given a list of notes for this, I will do so, per Sephora: Honey Flower, Solar Musk, Orange Blossom, Osmanthus, Amberlyn, Vanilla, Tactile Musk, Tactile Woods, Vetiver. Regrettably, I am in the minority who feels sickened by the smell of this perfume. So I can’t recommend it.
26th May, 2008
Not my cup of tea. It smells like grape hyacinths (Muscari) + a big brioche (yeast!). It is not sexy at all, it's "yeasty".
03rd July, 2007
Don't like this one at all, it literally makes me sick to my stomach
03rd April, 2007
I agree with with several of the oppinions posted above - when I have this on, the smell of it on my skin makes me ill. I love florals, so I can't imagine it is the jasmine...there's something about the notes in the dry down that really don't agree with me. Just muskiness, but not in a good way. That said, I've smelled it on others and it was lovely.
20th October, 2006
I was very disappointed in this. It contains many of my favorite notes, but as soon as I put it on - I regretted it. I tried to be a sport and give it a chance, but I ended up running to the sink to wash it off. It made me sick almost immediately. Not to mention it turned kind of "old lady perfume" on me. I'm really sad that this didn't work on me.
11th October, 2006
Kotori Show all reviews
Ooh... This is one of those that just feels like a knock in the head! Must be the jasmine... but like Fracas, Songes, Chloe Narcisse, and some others, I just get an instant, pounding headache!

Its scent reminds me very much of a girl I once knew who wore cheap floral body sprays and constantly talked on a cell phone.
06th September, 2006

bleh. I have a sample of it, and decided to give it a chance, and I'm sorry I did. The whole thing smelled watered down, like it was trying to be a stronger perfume, fragrence wise, but was more like Coca-Cola once your whole cup of ice has melted. Its a musky scent, and it pretty much ended up smelling very... not good, lets put it that way, on me.
10th April, 2006
I sampled the EDT and found the musk to be almost sickening -- it was so pervasive and overpowered the other notes. (And I wore musk-based fragrances many years ago.) I had to wash it off within a half hour. Perhaps, as another reviewer suggested, the EDP is different, but with so many other voluptuous fragrances out there, I'm not sure this is worth another try.
17th November, 2005