Neutral Reviews of Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

Find out more about Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Teochasse's avatar

I read the many rave reviews on this perfume and after a long consideration ,I decided to take the plunge and buy it without ever trying this on .I purchased the Gift Set from Nordstrom that includes the EDT 3.4 ounces,Purse Mini Spray 10ml, and body cream 30 ml.I was quite nervous about loving this, as I paid $109. Well,I have to say that I am pretty happy with this perfume and it is a lovely, enchanting fragrance. Very woodsy, sulky and musky, definately fall/winter/evening perfume. However...........This is an almost identical fragrance to another perfume which I simply adore, Believe by Britney Spears. Only, Believe does not develop into a lingering barber's shaving cream smell at the dry down . I have no idea why this is, maybe the tactile musk/solar musk blend?I have to admit that Narsico Rodruiqez EDT appears to be a softer, creamier and overall more well rounded/ subtler version of Believe by Britney Spears. It has somewhat soapy, shampoo-y finish . I love patchouli and in both perfumes patchouli is quite pronounced ,much more so in Believe. Believe is sharper and less complex, yet I still found it to be more feminine that NR. Would I buy NR EDT for Her again?I am not sure. I would probably buy its sibling Believe by Britney Spears instead, that is much better value for money at $40 for 3.4 ounces and also has better staying power.Would I enjoy wearing NR for Her?Definately,it is a good perfume,just not something I am insanely crazy about.

16 November, 2013

VintagePoison's avatar

Tried this out at Sephora in the rollerball version. I was taken by surpriseat first sniff. It was really interesting and different from most of the fragrances that Canadian Sephora carries. The top notes are my favourite part of the whole thing.

And then it quickly falls apart. It started smelling really synthetic, and it reminded me of some cheap hair products.

Does anyone know a good alternative that smells like the top notes of NR for Her?

13 May, 2013

Rhee's avatar

If you like egyptian musk this is for you. This is what it smells like. My husband bought this for me and he loves it. Im not against egyptian musk as I use to wear in the oil form so it's okay.

14 December, 2012

Cricketkitty's avatar

Oh how I wanted to like this fragrance. All the build up, the publicity, the "Sex in a Bottle", etc. and all I got was pure musk. No florals, wood notes, just pure musk, like a bottle of Jovan Musk oil. It was not disgusting or vile, just not worth the hefty price tag when you can get Jovan Musk oil at the corner drug store.

08 September, 2012

mielr's avatar

This fragrance is nice, pleasant, inoffensive, a bit different and interesting, but not remarkable. Do I detect Lilly Of The Valley somewhere in the mix? It avoids the trap of the sickening sweetness that every other fragrance of the day seems to be falling into.

09 August, 2012

eleftheria's avatar

Greece Greece

i cannot smell it at all on my skin, however not a bad scent .
    altough i cannot detect anything in this perfume( it is too light for me, almost invisible) my cat was obsessed sniffing my wrist(which is a scary fact, imagine what is inside this thing..)!

29 February, 2012

miss mills's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

I really like this fragrance but surely I am not alone in thinking it is a slightly more refined and dare I say it, sanitised version of a cross between Strip & Agent Provocateur? That is why I'd give it a neutral rather than definite thumbs up - to my nose, this has been done before.

05 February, 2012

blood-orange's avatar

Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP, is quite possibly one of the muskiest perfumes I've ever experienced.

This fragrance tends to be warm, subtly sweet, feminine, clean, and of course, musky. For some, Narciso Rodriguez for Her is animalistic and sexy. In my opinion, this fragrance is musky in a clean and old-fashioned sense. Don't get me wrong, this is not a scent just for 'old ladies'. It just doesn't scream 'sex' to me.

Occasionally I am anosmic to musk, so there are some moments when I can't smell Narciso Rodriguez. Every now and then I catch a subtle whiff of this scent which is certainly pleasant, but not to my personal tastes.

This fragrance smells dusty on my skin. It makes me think of a dark, crowded attic that hasn't seen the light in years. This relation is possibly due to my connection of musk to closed-up, suffocating, deserted houses.

This fragrance is not all bad, it's just disappointing due to all the hype. I don't sense many floral notes in the composition unfortunately. It's mostly musky woods to my nose.

Even in the EDP concentration, the sillage and lasting strength are rather average. I can understand Narciso Rodriguez for Her and its appeal, however I believe it is very much an acquired taste, that I don't have.

04 September, 2011

Mizzalot's avatar

First impression is good, but then the scent begins to smell like soap.
    Nice try, but not good enough.

20th December, 2010

Odile's avatar

I must be anosmic to the musks in this because this smells almost precisely like nothing on me. Correction: it smells some Egyptian musk oil that has already been showered off. I get just the faintest aroma out of this, but what I can smell is quite lovely. Seems like it would be one of the nicest choices you could make at the department store these days. I'll never buy this one for obvious reasons - rather an expensive way to smell like nothing, plus I cringe at the thought of obliviously gassing out innocent passers-by with massive doses of this. Drat. Makes me wonder what other lovely things I'm not smelling & don't know about?

19 December, 2010

Mimi Gardenia's avatar

This is for the Musc Oil for her version.
    I am anosmic to the musc in this which makes me sad. I can only get a faint floral note and vanilla. What I do smell is delicious and I only which I could smell more......:(

17 June, 2010

vintage*red's avatar

I was surprised to discover that I really don't like this. It starts out fruity/floral a la Badgley Mischka and then morphs into Lolita Lempicka minus the anise. Interesting, but not compelling, inspiring or beautiful enough to purchase.

04 September, 2009

Chypriot's avatar

New Zealand New Zealand

After reading reviews on Basenotes I was inspired to order an EDP sample from TPC. I am disappointed that on my skin Narciso Rodriguez smells nothing like other people's experiences of it. A subdued pleasant enough rose note. No musk that I can detect. My skin's chemistry just doesn't work with this fragrance I guess...

13 May, 2009

Rakhee's avatar

A light floral, reminded me of a garden full of honeysuckle, with a pleasant musk drydown - but not evocative or particularly interesting to my nose. Tom Ford's White Patchouli is a fuller, richer and smoother take on this kind of sensuality.

24 February, 2009

ChildOfTheMoon's avatar

Sweden Sweden

I got a sample of NR edt recently and I have to say it doesn’t really live up to my expectations, its price or the extraordinary beautiful bottle. I expected something muskier, more potent and interesting. But in reality, this is a very delicate fragrance that reminds me of floral deodorants, except that NR edt lasts longer.

The opening notes are mildly smoky, and there’s some greenness to it, possibly vetiver. This fragrance makes me think of spring and breezy, sunny days. It isn’t something I’d call sensual or sexy, like some other reviewers have, but I find it quite pretty and inoffensive. We all have our definition of sensuality, so if yours is like mine, on the dark side (Youth Dew, Knowing, Japanese Musk, Lush Ginger) you probably won’t be that impressed by NR edt. Orange blossom is the star in this scent, and except for the longevity NR isn’t much different from considerably cheaper Orange Blossom by Yves Rocher. I can’t detect other more prominent notes in this. There’s some warmth in the drydown, but not enough for me to find this full-bottle worthy.

For people who don’t like strong fragrances, try this one- it’s a soft and fresh floral. NR is of the prettier of its kind, but simply not for me.

17 June, 2008

sylvianella's avatar

I absolutley love this perfume. I have tried the EDT and the EDP and the EDP is slightly sweeter, more floral rather than musky and less fresh and breezy, but I think this adds a bit of depth and energy to it. The staying power of the EDT was really really dissapointing on me- only about an hour (and thats being generous), even if i used the shower gel and body lotion, so really not worth the money, as it is quite expensive compared to other perfumes in department stores. I have not yet tried the EDP for longetivity yet though. I hope it is better.

29 May, 2007

margi's avatar

England England

I like this perfume lots, but not one of my all time faves and here is why. Its smells quite generic, very similar to lots of others e.g SJP as Heidi also commented. It is ideal in my opinion for the office, not special enough for a date. OK for shopping, but not for the theatre.(get my drift?) Having said that, I will probably buy it again when this bottle runs out. It is a nice combination of mossy, musky, floral and fruits. Whew!! I am definitely going to try Heidi's idea of combining it with Crystalle though.

20th March, 2007

Oriental Muse's avatar

Malaysia Malaysia

I've tried both the EDT and the EDP and I have to admit that the EDT smells a whole lot nicer than the latter. Although the it is gorgeous and incredibly inviting especially with its musky end notes (something that I absolutely adore in my perfumes), its staying power on my skin is so disappointing that I just couldnt make myself buy it, despite of its lovely smell.

13 March, 2007

starskyee's avatar

To monochromatism:
    I have exactly the same reaction the Stella and Stella Rose Absolute.
    I LOVE the smell, but I cannot wear it, I get quite sick, exactly the way you describe it. But the funny thing is, I was recommended this fragrance by someone when I said I loved Stella but was allergic to it! Yikes, now I don't think I want to try this either!

11th October, 2006

monochromatism's avatar

I'm very literally allergic to something in this perfume. I'm not sure what it is, as I have no other allergies, but this perfume makes my head feel cloudy and dizzy, and NOT in a good way. I do like the scent, but my body doesn't!

09 October, 2006

d_silent_one's avatar

There's something very peculiar about NR. I usually have a hard time liking any chipres as they are not to my liking, but this one is an exception I guess. This is a strong, heady, not for everyone perfume. Definitely for the night. I need to be all dressed up and refined to wear NR as it is what it suggests when sprayed on. I still don't know if I like it or not. I think I do though because I keep spraying the little sample I have. I still haven't decided if I should buy it though. It's very confusing. I sort of like it but still I must be cautious about it. Do you understand any of what I'm saying?

04 August, 2006

Tropical_Storm's avatar

I tried the edt and it's not something for me. It starts out smelling very much like red wine, which is pleasant but might give off the wrong impression. Eventually it settles into a very strong jasmine-like scent. Over all, I can see it on some people, but doesn't suit me at all.

30th May, 2006

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

This smells exactly like my grandma's cedar chest; fresh cedar with a faint touch of citrusy mothballs. I say that in a good way. NR is a comfort scent to me. I don't believe this is really heady or strong enough to be a real vampy seducing musk scent. When NR dries down, it lies very close to the skin with little to no sillage. I wouldn't repurchase, but this is still a very interesting & unique musk based scent.

08 March, 2006