Positive Reviews of Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez

Find out more about Narciso Rodriguez for Her by Narciso Rodriguez in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Way Off Scenter's avatar

It was only seconds after first applying Narciso Rodriguez for Her that I realized I’d need to spend some time with it. It’s appeal was immediate, but not easy for me to fathom. Its profile is distinctive and instantly recognizable, yet every time I wear Narciso Rodriguez for Her I smell echoes of other scents. So while it does not smell at all like Angel, it shares partly in Angel’s uninhibited flamboyance, and completely in its willingness to play games with gender expectations. The animalic musk and woods at the core of Narciso Rodriguez for Her are no less “masculine” than the patchouli-soaked woody oriental accord beneath Angel’s fruity florals.

On another wearing it occurs to me that Narciso Rodriguez for Her is a sort of modernist gloss on Chanel’s Bois des Îles, from apricot-inflected osmanthus and orange blossom top notes that reflect the Chanel’s peach and neroli, to the parallel construction of its musk and reconstructed sandalwood drydown. The “modernism” manifests itself in simpler construction, comfort with exposing blatantly chemical ingredients, and an overall sense of comparative bluntness. If Bois des Îles is rendered in oils, Narciso Rodriguez for Her is an acrylic painting. Likewise, to borrow an anatomical metaphor, where Bois des Îles displays a glowing, unblemished skin, Narciso Rodriguez for Her reveals the skeleton beneath.

These echoes of genre-defining woody oriental predecessors detract not a bit from the pleasure of wearing this scent. Perhaps that’s because, for all its embrace of the obviously synthetic, Narciso Rodriguez for Her exhibits sufficient balance and integrity to convince on its own terms. Too bad Rodriguez followed this up with the relatively insipid Narciso Rodriguez for Him. They’d have done better just to amp up the vetiver in this, put it in a different bottle, and sell it to the guys as well.

20th June, 2014

Captain's avatar

Hmm…wow. It’s hard to believe that SJP’s Lovely went through all those changes and tweaks when apparently all they had to do was make a copy of this. Because, they are very much alike.

Heady, musky floral earth. Mainly musk and a touch of patchouli on the dry down, the watery floral feels like jasmine to me but I don’t know what it is. Sweet, damp and intoxicating. I can see why it’s so loved and it's now on my wish list (EDP) for fall and winter. edit: Well, I couldn't wait, I have 3.4 oz of the EDP. The bottle is gorgeous!

13 June, 2014 (Last Edited: 27 June, 2014)

thinkingmagpie's avatar

This is a review on EDP; the pink bottle.

My favourite perfume at the moment.
    It is unique & sexy. It has prominent rose & orange blossom notes but it’s not like a typical old lady’s scent; with the musky base notes, it is feminine and sensual and definitely for the women with confidence. It has really luxurious floral scents and smells absolutely beautiful on me.

Years ago, in early spring, when I was strolling around Valencia city (Spain) enjoying the lit up historical buildings in the night, I ended up in the plaza with several stalls selling flowers. All the colourful spring flowers were radiant in the dark and, as I passed them, I was enveloped in the composite of floral scents filling the air. This fragrance reminds me of the magical feeling of that night.

I adore it!

25 January, 2014

SWAMIROSE's avatar

EDT. Really nice. Feminine, but could easily be worn by a daring male.

15 April, 2013

leto's avatar

Turkey Turkey

Shouts it is a Kurkdjian work, has signature of him overall. It reminds me a mix of Lumiere Noire pour Homme&pour Femme, but of course leaning to the feminine side. Very classy and women who discover and wear this is very lucky (NR being not very popular brand here in my land)

27 March, 2013

willaFriend's avatar

I think this scent is delightful. Light, sexy, with just a tiny bit of sparkle.

Yes, it smells delightful--in the bottle.

It smells nonexistent on my skin. I can barely smell anything. Other people can barely smell anything. They have to jam their noses right up against my skin to smell anything at all--a ghost of a scent. Heartbreaking.

I have ben reduced to obsessively sniffing the bottle for my high.

This is no way to live.

15 December, 2012

Johannes's avatar

Norway Norway

Like walking into a florist's shop at midnight. Dense, musky, tropical flowers and foliage. Quite dreamy, for some reason it causes a nostalgic emotion in me. I get visions of Elizabeth Taylor and troubled love...uh, where was I?...this scent is very boudoir-like and old-fashioned. Also, doesn't have top quality composition, tends to fall apart in the end and display the hem of its synthetic underskirt.

07 September, 2012

HyperB's avatar

This is for the EDT.
    Words cannot accurately describe this fragrance. It is now my signature scent.
    It is sheer, somewhat translucent; yet very present, comforting in an exciting way(!), and concealingly enveloping. Very tactile indeed. It starts with a dominant note that I cannot identify at all, sort of like a incensey/smokey ghost note that can't be grasped. It has a "warm skin" quality that dominates, but not sun-kissed, as this is a night time scent for sure. The "ghost note" makes room for orange blossom, musk, woods and a few others I'm not familiar with. The honey flower note seems to last the longest on my skin.

30th May, 2012

Darvant's avatar

Really, really interesting concoction, i talk about the juice in the pink bottle, the EDP version, the one i tested on my skin and that my girlfriend tried too. First of all this is different, really different from the modern gassy-plastic, lollipop kind, new womanly concoctions around. The smell is neither gourmand nor caramellous or powdery -synthetic (anyway in a sheer way), is instead averagely sharp, musky and a bit balmy but with a touch of classic exoticism and an outstanding floral discreet  sophistication. This is a modern fragrance that expresses a traditional , indipendent and solitary concept of femininity. The scent is musky, very musky and rosey with key roles played by orange blossoms, bergamot and amber. The mystery is enhanced by a silent jasmine while the extreme sophistication owns a secret with the name of iris (anyway that's what i think). The smell is at the same time edible (may be also a touch of honey is hidden in the blend), sensual, almost corporeal, intimate and ethereal...a rarity. Something laundry and soapy, may be the combination of rose, iris and musk, sparkles in the air exuding from the complicated wake of orangy, rosey and ambery musk, sandalwood and osmanthus. The femininity is intimate and a bit mysterious. A touch of vanilla and patchouli imprints more depth and silence. As well as in the advertising i figure the image of a young, discreet girl elusive in the shadow.

20th November, 2011

alfarom's avatar

One of the very few interesting compositions of the last decade among the designer's range. NR for Her is a tremendously radiant concoction of woods and flowers (mainly orange blossoms) laying on a masculine musky base. Its main appeal lies in its incredible distinctiveness made of an unmannered beauty and charme. Elegant but not affected, NR for Her takes immediately the distance from nowadays clean fragrances by introducing a bold ambery/musky base that continuely winks at many classic compositions from the past. At the same time its perfect balance and refinement make of NR For Her a very versatile fragrance that's perfect for both younger crowds as well as for mature wearers. Very good.

Let someone who's not into perfume smell this, and if he/she likes it you just discovered a new potential perfumista. A contemporary classic.

26 October, 2011

Jill Merrell's avatar

This is a dark, warm,and sexy fragrance. Not much floral in it at all on me. Sadly, it doesn't last as long as I wish it would. But I love it while it's there.

20th October, 2011

Marybeth's avatar

This is one of my favorites. A very sexy smell. Maybe a bit too much honey flower (or whatever that is that smells like honey) for my taste.

30th June, 2011

Fleurine's avatar

It took me many years to warm up to this fragrance but I finally did. The white patchouli note in the base used to really jump out at me too much, so I never really tried wearing it. when I finally did I was so pleasantly surprised! it really calmed down on my skin, and turned into a unique and wearable fragrance. I think LT called it a "radiant wood", and that sounds about right. The osmanthus note is very very pretty, and this fragrance is a compliment-getter. Not the rarest scent out there, but a very special scent to me.

16 June, 2011

asilverfire614's avatar

This review is for the EDT in the black bottle...

Wow!! I think this is pure sex in a bottle. At least it is for me! Beautiful, lusty, ambery musk at first...and then a sweet floral dry-down that teases and teases.

During the first two hours of wearing this, it occurred to me that it smelled how I wanted a masculine cologne to smell on a woman. I realize that doesn't make much sense...but...I have a fascination with cologne and sometimes I think I have found the perfect masculine scent for me, and then, oh no, I find something about it I can't stand. The top and heart of this fragrance made me think about this because of its beautiful musk accord.

Beyond that, it does have a very unique floral dry-down, which is very interesting, as most perfumes are vice-versa. I'm not big into strong florals, but NR's trail suited me just fine...even wearing a suit today! It made me feel feminine, confident, AND sexy.

Lasted almost ten hours, too, which is very impressive in my book. Now I see what all the hype was about!

Jan
    2009

28 March, 2011

lady love's avatar

Argentina Argentina

(Edp Review)

I was waiting for a fragrance like this, honestly, today floral scents are beautiful but so weak, i still need some heavy and aggressive fragrance, just to feel alive again. In this case Narciso Rodriguez For Her definitely fulfill my expectations..

The initial notes are fairly woody and intense, then after a while powdery flowers with a strong presence of musk begin to bloom. The powerlasting is good. Just to add: This scent is not for everyone.

26 January, 2011

meilz92's avatar

This fragrance is amazing, one of my all time favorites. The woody and musky overtones create a very sensuous and sophisticated fragrance, perfect for a night out. NR for her is all class.

30th October, 2010

nonnative's avatar

This parfume has got notes that are not easyly distinguishable. I couldn't say exactly what makes this scent smell of "woman". I can't detect fruits, flowers, or woods in its olfactive pyramid. There is a sort of unrecognisable ingredient that makes NR4her a sofisticated product. In my opinion this is a sign of modernity. Too bitter and "dirty" for me, but very nice.

07 October, 2010 (Last Edited: 18 October, 2010)

danielremy's avatar

France France

I agree with angelica when she says that it's the 21st century's No 5! NR for her is so feminine, classy , radiant, modern but also traditionnal in its perfection and conception!
    Try it!

06 March, 2010

angelica's avatar

The 21st century's No 5.

..................................

10th November, 2009

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I liked it. It is a well blended creamy musky and close to skin scent but is not weak or transparent. None of the notes hits your nose or comes front, has a nice harmony ;just a good choir would have. This harmony reminds me of the very first scent i had in high school; Babe was also so well blended that a friend of mine was suprised to see it is a perfume. It smelled a lot like skin and less like any common note. Whitemusk when balanced with fruits can do the magic. but do not take it easy as it has been tried thousands of times before and very rare of them got the justifiable repute of Narciso Rodriguez for Her.

29 October, 2009

MFJ's avatar

After sampling the EDT and EDP several times on many occasions, I'd have to conclude that both seem to be very different scents altogether. Personally I prefer the EDP which I find creamier, much richer, more powdery, and has a more distinct floral sweetness to it. Both are synthetic smelling but in a good way like Clinique's Happy for Women. To me there isn't a hint of fruits at all in both concentrations.

26 May, 2009 (Last Edited: 08 July, 2009)

ahp's avatar

I am fascinated by the wildly confliciting opinions this perfume generates. I have to say I didn't think much of the EDT or EDP, not bad but nothing to make me charge for the register either. However, I am addicted to musks, and oils in particular work well for me. So I went for the Musc for Her, I think the scent translates so much better in this form, it's smoother, prettier, richer but still quiet. On me it's a innocent clean floral musk, a daytime fragrance . I just don't get the sexy vibe others mention. I guess my sexy is a little dirtier. I think it's quite pricey for a strictly daytime scent, however, the quality is there, the oil is thick, the scent is concentrated - just a dab or two really will do you all day. The packaging - opaque black bottle in a sturdy reusable black box is perfect for storing indefinately and even though I use this as frequently as any of my others, it will easily outlast them all.

16 April, 2009

rocknroll's avatar

The one in the black bottle. You know that heady, invincibly sexy feeling you get when you're just the right shade of tipsy, the night is young, and you're looking like a million bucks? If that feeling were a fragrance, NR would be it.

08 April, 2009

jandl513's avatar

it's the amber that is its downfall. i can handle strong orientals and chypre and a light musk. but without fail, an amber note will give me a headache and have me running to wash it off. I love smelling it in the bottle. but once it gets on my skin, i can't stand it.

31st March, 2009

GourmandHomme's avatar

This review is for the EDT, which is the superior version of the two.

The first words that came to mind upon smelling this on a smelling strip were:

- Radiant
    - Seraphic

On wearing, it feels like the radiance of the sun at noon in an early spring day.

It also smells like a niche perfume (Tocca's Cleopatra). Does not smell like SJP's Lovely at all to me (not too impressed with that one).

This is marketed a feminine? Could've a fooled female coworker who thought it's a men's.

Note: Tried the EDT. Not impressed with the EDP - cannot smell the EDP much at all, even after a few hours. The EDT lasts for 6-8 hours.

06 March, 2009 (Last Edited: 19 August, 2009)

creamywildthang's avatar

South Africa South Africa

My fiance loves this scent - he apparently read about it in some or other men's glossy, tested it at the perfume boutique and came back weak-kneed. I went hunting for it to test and I was not disappointed. I like "ghost" fragrances - ones that are unusual ("not safe") and not overpowering (ones that people don't immediately comment on but ones that linger in a person's imagination until they smell the perfume somewhere else or on someone and immediately get reminded of you). My signature perfume is Euphoria by Calvin Klein. I have only used 2 perfumes in my entire lifetime: Tommy Girl by Hilfiger and now Euphoria. My other favorite is Alien by Thierry Mugler and now, Narciso Rodriguez for Her EDP. I love Rodrigues solely because it smells elegant without being girly and overtly feminine and it has the "ghost" effect. For a perfume snob, Narciso has done very well. I love it.

09 January, 2009

Eros.Error's avatar

I have the EDP as a gift back in 2003, I still have it. It's sophiscated, subtle and youthful unisex scent. It can easily be mistaken as one of Serge Lutens creations. A quiet warm woody oriental scent. It has a nice depth of musc and complimented by all these ingredients all blended so well together, that musk eventually becomes skin scent. A little pleasantly bitterness to my nose. Mmmmm.... Despite the fact that it's been around for awhile, and has been popular for awhile, like Envy and many other great creations, I should judge it as it is, a thumb up for Narciso Rodriguez for Her!

03 September, 2008

shiv's avatar

One of the most beautiful scents I've ever experienced. It's deep, feminine and extremely sexy. I have to agree with "hester" that it is a very intimate smell. It's so earthy and dusky, but also so smooth. It is very similar to SJP's Lovely, but it's not as flirty and light... it's much more sensual. One of my friends had a whiff of it and described it as 'mesmerizing' - i totally agree with her. Definitely makes the top 3 of my all-time favourite scents!

20th May, 2008 (Last Edited: 03 July, 2008)

pasha's avatar

A nicely crafted fragrance, yet it smells very old. Like very old. It is the choice of many young women (a lot of friends of mine use it), yet I haven't met anyone that this frag suits. It is just too safe and smells very tired to my nose. Like insignificant.

Gorgeous bottle though, true work of minimalist art. I wish the juice had matched the container.

17 May, 2008

katyas's avatar

I have the EDT - I'm confused about this scent, because I see the EDP advertised with different scent notes - anyone know what's up with that??? Anyway, I LOVE the scent of the EDT and it works just perfectly for me - I love the little touch of honey you get right at the start of it, and the bits of woodiness that gradually seep in as the day progresses. This is a perfect scent for summer ... or for recalling summer during the winter. Lovely stuff.

14 May, 2008