Neutral Reviews of Vetyver Uomo by Malizia

Find out more about Vetyver Uomo by Malizia in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sidewinder's avatar

Fresh, citrus, floral open gives way to a linear vetiver note with poor sillage and average longevity. Vetiver on training wheels. 3 out of 5.

18th August, 2014

Darvant's avatar

Simply a classic sporty, dry and virile vetiver with floral and herbal traits, some dynamic soapy energizing sweet facets, a patchouli support and a certain dose of sharp and crisp green/ambery smokiness. Initially a bomb of projection and even present for hours. A bit deodorant kind for sure but never disturbing, too artificial or dissonant. A pity it smells finally too much floral and sweetly pungent. A decent "on a budget" choice probably interesting to be layered with more precious and expensive niche vetivers around.

27th October, 2012 (Last Edited: 03rd November, 2012)

JDBIII's avatar

I like this scent. Yes, it is inexpensive. Yes, it smells of vetiver. But, on my skin it becomes extremely smoky, and I don't mean incense from church, I mean drinks with the guys at the bar. I, myself, don't smoke, so this has been a bit of a conundrum for my friends who swear it smells like I've been sneaking puffs out back. If you like a smoky vetiver don't miss this one. I will still use it on occasion but don't plan on giving up my faves - Etro and Sycomore.

07th July, 2011

In general, this is a pleasant take on vetiver — clean, light, more green than woody — not much complicated by citrus or florals. Certainly not complex, its simplicity is a positive attribute. Deep, deep in the background there is an off note: feels kind of stale and oily, but I have to be paying close attention to notice it. For the most part, Malizia Uomo Vetyver is cleanly and freshly enjoyable if you don’t sniff too close to the skin. Unfortunately, the fragrance has miserable longevity. On the plus side, it is very inexpensive. I’d be tempted to buy this just for occasional use if I didn’t have a bottle of the ‘90s version of Vetiver Carven — another extremely light vetiver but much, much better that Malizia Uomo Vetyver.

16th October, 2007

Ken_Russell's avatar

Romania Romania

True, back in the 90's everyone in Romania smelled like this. Even if this scent has become too mass-market and unfortunately ( sometimes)abused by completely misplaced wearers, it still has an above average refinement for its price range. It burts in a very fresh way, oozes grassy notes and some woody- aromatic touches. Also, resinous and slightly conipherous notes which actually cause this scent's mixed reputation- while they smell half mature, virile, classy and appealing, it also has a too sleazy note, something far too fleshy, dirty animalic and something of a push- over. Maybe due to this association my rating is just neutral.

05th March, 2007

vdxxl's avatar

Romania Romania

Nice, but not for me:too earthy and classic.In the 90s everyone used Malizia/Intesa fragrances because they were an innovation,but now this has changed

26th October, 2006