Neutral Reviews of Forest Lily by Avon

Notes: Lily of the Valley, Lilac, Ylang-Ylang, Wisteria, Sandalwood, Clementine.

Firstly, I must say that this fragrance comes in one of the cutest bottles I have ever seen. It really has personality plus. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same about the fragrance which was launched in 1998.

The only note I detect in Forest Lily is a very green, slightly dewy lily of the valley. I love ylang-ylang and sandalwood, but I can detect neither one, not even in the deep dry down. I cannot detect any sweet clementine either. This is just a straight forward, linear lily of the valley on my skin.

As a lily of the valley solifore (to my nose) this is a perfectly acceptable fragrance, although I think Diorissimo is a much better lily of the valley fragrance. However, if you do not want to spend more on Diorissimo, Forest Lily will give you essentially the same vibe for a much lower price point.

Upon initial spray, Forest Lily has excellent projection and sillage. Within about an hour to an hour and a half, it begins to settle down, and projection is within arm's length. For a vintage Avon, longevity is quite good. I have been wearing it for more than three hours thus far, and it is still quite noticeable. At this rate, I estimate I easily will get between six and eight hours of longevity.

Forest Lily is an innocent smelling EdT that would be lovely for Spring and Summer. I think it would even shine in cold and rainy weather conditions. It is smells pure, clean, and unoffencive, but it is also rather boring. I imagine a quite young girl wearing it, but I see no reason why an older woman could not wear it as well. Applied with a light hand, it would be office friendly, too. I do not dislike it, but I would not repurchase it.

Fragrance: 4/10
Projection: 7/10
Sillage: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
20th May, 2017
I do like this scent on me and it is very long lasting. A bit too cool green for my tastes. Very lovely on one of my friends.
23rd November, 2005
Forest Lily smells like spring flowers in bloom, especially hyacinths. Although the scent is pretty, I'm not entirely in love with the way it dries down on my skin.
27th October, 2005