Reviews of Fendi by Fendi

Find out more about Fendi by Fendi in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

davimon's avatar

This was a great perfume. Warm. Sexy. Reminds me of clubbing in the 90s. If I see a lonely bottle on a shelf i will buy it for the nostalgia.

15 June, 2012

Jon_Remy's avatar

So sad to hear this was discontinued! I HATE Fendi for doing that. So, I've had to improvise. You may or may not agree, but perhaps the following concoction might get a similar result to Fendi: Try mixing Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir with The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose and see how that works. I haven't done it yet, but those are the notes I smell in Fendi for women. I do really smell the red rose from TPW's Tea Rose and the incense and leather from Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir. I sure wish Fendi would relaunch this exquisite fragrance and never discontinue it again. It tells me that Fendi does not appreciate their older customers and is now only catering to the young. Talk about age discrimination!

22 December, 2011

elm0505's avatar

Spain Spain

All I can say is Wow! I was given this perfume when I was 21 yrs old and it immediately disgusted me, so I left it on the shelf inside its box.

Some days ago I tried again and I found a sexy, warm and luxurious fragrance, yet too overpowering for me. The initial notes show fruits, honey and some flowers. The drydown is leather, honey, woods and a little bit of vanilla.

It makes me think of an executive woman in her 30's, sexy, strong, agressive, determined, long manicured nails and plenty of devoted lovers, but in a classy way. I'm a student and I'm 25, so it doesn't suit my personality at all, but when I need extra courage I wear it to feel more confident -and it works!

Not for a daily use, though.

It's a classy scent and it's quite cheap also.

11th March, 2009 (Last Edited: 12 March, 2009)

Midnight_lulu's avatar

Palazzo opens in a burst of soapy freshness; however, it is a smooth, refined soap with very little bite. It reminds me of high end hotel soap, basting on your arm in the blasting sun of a place like Rome or Sicily. In fact, "Palazzo" has similar qualities to D&G's "Sicily" or "Stella" by Stella McCartney; all three boast a crisp aldehydic or rosy-sweet streak that keeps an otherwise soapy fragrance from going sour. Both "Sicily" and "Palazzo" have hints of sweetness that keep the aldehydes from developing into their usual pinchiness--that of something likened to polished marble. No metallic, cool dominance, here...only gentle, subtle incense.Upon drydown, we're left with a smooth, spicy wood that reminds me of "Nag Champa" incense or imported ayurveda soap.

"Palazzo" is a truly lovely fragrance that will leave one with a sense of distinct sensuality; people will guess that it's primarily your skin they're smelling and the impression of fragrance will be minimal but distinctive. It's a sort of tranquil, intellectual scent; I can imagine a monastery or temple smelling of "Palazzo". It's marketed as a feminine fragrance but with it's subtle woody undertones makes it a strong unisex contender as well as a general atmospheric scent. Some people will compliment you outright; others will simply contemplate you as they experience "Palazzo"'s unusual sillage.

"Fendi" fragrances sort of simmer in the background of the mainstream fragrance market, yet are profoundly unique from their competition. As such, "Palazzo" is available and very affordable.

13 January, 2008

jum's avatar

Algeria Algeria

adore as everyday perfume, smell reminds me of the smell of the sweets "Cherry Lips" distinctive

21st February, 2007

castorpollux's avatar

After the alcoholic and aldehydes infused first spritz, you will get lots of bergamot wich will make it rather similar to theorema…for the first minute or so. After a while the flowers and fruits will take over and kill any citrus left and make it more powdery as well. It’s not a bad scent at all, but it does still have the 80’s tag-along feel that even with the reformulation it can’t shake off. The notes are very well layered and they are very defined. But I’m glad this reformulation took place anyways as the original had problems with the quality of the scent after a couple of months, wich today, is unforgivable. I wanted to call the scent “chummy” but it’s too elegant for that so I would say “cozy”. My sister kinda hates it. I’m at odds with it, and I know many women love it. It’s very much a sniff-for yourself scent. The scent is never, at any level sweet, the drydown is rather woody but it has a leathery touch to it that can be called the mysterious sister of Fendi Uomo. This EDP doesn’t have the longevity problems of the fendi’s own EDP Theorema. (wich are solved on the extrait conc. of theorema).

22 October, 2006

xdattax's avatar

A customer in my store wanted this gift wrapped, and since it was open, she offered me a sniff, since I was talking about how much i adored perfume.

its a pretty scent: dark, smokey, full of insense, but not floral to my nose at all. however, it is not something I would wear. its too masculine for my tastes, as i think a guy could wear it better than most women could.

11th April, 2006

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

I've owned the original version & this new version. Only once have a smelled such a distinct perfume (Dolce & Gabbana's Pour Femme is the other). Fendi is not for the shrinking violet. Fendi works on a woman who is aggressive & knows what she wants. I cannot name the notes in Fendi, but it all works!
    Careful more than one spray of the original can choke an overzealous user. After using this for a month it started to gag me out. I still think this is great on other women tho.

Something in this new version of Fendi, does make my allergies act up, for that reason I swapped it. Still appreciate it on others.

04 December, 2005

RedRazz's avatar

When I purchased this unsniffed (on sale at TJ Maxx) in the dead heat of summer, my reaction was, "No, this is too much for me!." So I put it up for swap. Luckily for me, no one came forth to take up the offer, and I am now finding it a lovely cool weather fragrance. Jan Moran classifies this as a chypre-floral, but to my nose, it seems an Oriental.

Top notes: bergamot, aldehydes, rosewood, fruits
    Heart notes: jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, geranium, carnation
    Base notes: patchouli, musk, leather, sandal, cedar, spices, amber, vanilla

This is a gathering of close friends, around a blazing bonfire, in the dark of the night, in the chill of mid-autumn. The spices of crispy leaves and hot mulled cider mix with wisps of dark smoke from the crackling fire, engulfing the senses with deep pleasures of this seasonal ritual. This is not an instrument of soft, delicate distraction, but of rich, full-out intoxication

05 August, 2005