Positive Reviews of Fendi by Fendi

This was a great perfume. Warm. Sexy. Reminds me of clubbing in the 90s. If I see a lonely bottle on a shelf i will buy it for the nostalgia.
15th June, 2012
So sad to hear this was discontinued! I HATE Fendi for doing that. So, I've had to improvise. You may or may not agree, but perhaps the following concoction might get a similar result to Fendi: Try mixing Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir with The Perfumer's Workshop Tea Rose and see how that works. I haven't done it yet, but those are the notes I smell in Fendi for women. I do really smell the red rose from TPW's Tea Rose and the incense and leather from Prescriptives Aromatics Elixir. I sure wish Fendi would relaunch this exquisite fragrance and never discontinue it again. It tells me that Fendi does not appreciate their older customers and is now only catering to the young. Talk about age discrimination!
22nd December, 2011
All I can say is Wow! I was given this perfume when I was 21 yrs old and it immediately disgusted me, so I left it on the shelf inside its box.

Some days ago I tried again and I found a sexy, warm and luxurious fragrance, yet too overpowering for me. The initial notes show fruits, honey and some flowers. The drydown is leather, honey, woods and a little bit of vanilla.

It makes me think of an executive woman in her 30's, sexy, strong, agressive, determined, long manicured nails and plenty of devoted lovers, but in a classy way. I'm a student and I'm 25, so it doesn't suit my personality at all, but when I need extra courage I wear it to feel more confident -and it works!

Not for a daily use, though.

It's a classy scent and it's quite cheap also.
11th March, 2009 (last edited: 12th March, 2009)

Palazzo opens in a burst of soapy freshness; however, it is a smooth, refined soap with very little bite. It reminds me of high end hotel soap, basting on your arm in the blasting sun of a place like Rome or Sicily. In fact, "Palazzo" has similar qualities to D&G's "Sicily" or "Stella" by Stella McCartney; all three boast a crisp aldehydic or rosy-sweet streak that keeps an otherwise soapy fragrance from going sour. Both "Sicily" and "Palazzo" have hints of sweetness that keep the aldehydes from developing into their usual pinchiness--that of something likened to polished marble. No metallic, cool dominance, here...only gentle, subtle incense.Upon drydown, we're left with a smooth, spicy wood that reminds me of "Nag Champa" incense or imported ayurveda soap.

"Palazzo" is a truly lovely fragrance that will leave one with a sense of distinct sensuality; people will guess that it's primarily your skin they're smelling and the impression of fragrance will be minimal but distinctive. It's a sort of tranquil, intellectual scent; I can imagine a monastery or temple smelling of "Palazzo". It's marketed as a feminine fragrance but with it's subtle woody undertones makes it a strong unisex contender as well as a general atmospheric scent. Some people will compliment you outright; others will simply contemplate you as they experience "Palazzo"'s unusual sillage.

"Fendi" fragrances sort of simmer in the background of the mainstream fragrance market, yet are profoundly unique from their competition. As such, "Palazzo" is available and very affordable.
13th January, 2008
adore as everyday perfume, smell reminds me of the smell of the sweets "Cherry Lips" distinctive
21st February, 2007
When I purchased this unsniffed (on sale at TJ Maxx) in the dead heat of summer, my reaction was, "No, this is too much for me!." So I put it up for swap. Luckily for me, no one came forth to take up the offer, and I am now finding it a lovely cool weather fragrance. Jan Moran classifies this as a chypre-floral, but to my nose, it seems an Oriental.

Top notes: bergamot, aldehydes, rosewood, fruits
Heart notes: jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, geranium, carnation
Base notes: patchouli, musk, leather, sandal, cedar, spices, amber, vanilla

This is a gathering of close friends, around a blazing bonfire, in the dark of the night, in the chill of mid-autumn. The spices of crispy leaves and hot mulled cider mix with wisps of dark smoke from the crackling fire, engulfing the senses with deep pleasures of this seasonal ritual. This is not an instrument of soft, delicate distraction, but of rich, full-out intoxication
05th August, 2005