Neutral Reviews of La Haie Fleurie du Hameau by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Find out more about La Haie Fleurie du Hameau by L'Artisan Parfumeur in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

sherapop's avatar
    sherapop

In keeping with the extreme minimalism and linearity which I've come to associate with much of Jean-Claude Ellena's work, LA HAIE FLEURIE hits me as a straightforward jasmine soliflore. This one is right in the middle of the genre: not too dry and not too indolic. There may be loads of other notes in here, but honestly what I smell is jasmine--not honeysuckle, nor tuberose, nor x, y, or z...!

If I needed another jasmine soliflore, I'd definitely consider adding this creation to my collection, but I don't, so I won't, especially since this one has rather poor longevity for what it is... Usually jasmine soliflores last virtually forever on my skin (well, at least until my next bath), but not this one.

Smells lovely--while it lasts!

21st October, 2011

Nlb's avatar
    Nlb

Pretty, yes, but when smelling "La Haie Fleurie du Hameau" I can't get past the imagery of a Victorian funeral parlor. It's not the lily influence, necessarily--I often find lilies bring a sunny carnality to blends---there's just something so moth-ball preserved and waxy about "La Haie Fleurie du Hameau". It opens with a sterile, lilac-like sweetness; sugary, creamy and watery all at the same time. As it progresses into its heart, a tinny tuberose unfurls, offering a hint of fleshiness and warmth (thank goodness--"cool fleshiness" would've been the final nail in this coffin of a fragrance). Upon drydown, only a whisper of the florals float over a soapy softness, that which reminds me of the first breeze through a chiffon that had been tucked away in a chest for decades. To me, this smells of death...but in an odd, cheery "acceptance of mortality" sort of way, not reflective of decay or something more sinister but as a pensive and ghostly intepretation of life gone by. It's quiet, reflective and beaming; an auric interpretation of moving toward "the white light".

13 October, 2008

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

This one dries down like Bond no.9 Chinatown! The opening blast of jasmine is authentic, but fades quickly. It is nowhere near the quality or stunning beauty of Lutens' A La Nuit. For a jasmine scent I find it 'middle of the road'.

20th December, 2007

Tovah's avatar
    Tovah

This is a beautiful watery jasmine that's almost as seductive and true to night blooming jasmine as À la Nuit. If I had never smelled À la Nuit, I would have purchased this, for sure. But it misses the mark, ever so slightly. It is very, very beautiful though.

07 May, 2006