Negative Reviews of Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris

Find out more about Feuilles de Tabac by Miller Harris in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

AlHamr's avatar

Strange. I don't find this weak or un-tobaccoey as recent reviewers have commented. This to me is definitely a tobacco fume. But way, way too sweet. There's powder and some cloves but overall this sweet leaf tobacco that just cloys the back of my throat out. THis also seems very strong to me - to the point I just couldn't understand how anyone could wear something like this.

An olfactory cliche which was better done by Old Spice. In fact, can anyone point me out the difference between these two?

13 November, 2012 (Last Edited: 14 November, 2012)

manicboy's avatar

Dusty tobacco/cinnamon frag similar to Very Valentino and Aramis Havana. Too dry for my tastes and doesn't evolve enough. Not enough tobacco either. I'm glad I did not buy this as it's exorbitantly overpriced. Get Dreamer or vintage Dolce PH if you crave a nice tobacco scent.

03 July, 2012

Sugandaraja's avatar

The life of this fragrance goes out rather quickly. The opening is a complex, interesting, yet slightly harsh barrage of citrus and spice, leading quickly to a very pleasing cinnamon and rosewood heart with a slight fruit tinge. Then, it's like the fragrance suddenly falls apart, losing all its sillage and becoming a faintly sweet skin-scent reminiscent of soap. It's a slightly baffling little performance, and doesn't do much for me.

02 February, 2010

hirch_duckfinder's avatar

Very disappointed with this. Had high hopes as I loved Citron Citron. It is a spicy accord with some quite sanatised tobacco which lacks any punch to me. A sort of warm mess with some sharpness. Really not impressed by this.

18 October, 2006

Turkish Hookah Dancer's avatar

Sadly, I got cheep blond tobacco as in the dumped-out contents of a Marlborough Light, and a half a ton of musk cologne. I felt like I was in a pool hall in the late seventies a few hours after closing time, steeped in old smoke, spilled Bud Light, and the over-application of ten sweaty men's stinging musk.

12 October, 2006

vadim's avatar

Russian Federation Russian Federation

Tobacco without a punch. Low-fat no-sugar nature-identical-flavor slimline ultralight placebo. Why smoke then?

15 August, 2006