Negative Reviews of DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan

Find out more about DKNY Be Delicious by Donna Karan in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Darvant's avatar
    Darvant

Cucumber, synthetic apple, flowers and boredom.

26 January, 2011 (Last Edited: 06 January, 2014)

FLYbaby's avatar
    FLYbaby
    Netherlands Netherlands

Synthetic apple. Ever smelled a real fresh apple?
    Could not even bear to finish the sample. Put it in my desk drawer and was relieved when a student expressed her love for it: donated it immediately. Maybe it is a question of age...

16 December, 2010

shoegal68's avatar
    shoegal68

oh my goodness I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this fragrance is horrible, it smells like a cheap booze soaked tramp, given me a horrible headache as well.

08 August, 2010

Mimi Gardenia's avatar
    Mimi Gardenia

Oh My Gosh - not possible to give this zero stars ,is it ?! It reeks of alcohol and it's just a very generic scent. Cheapo floral detergent. Tide detergent smells better than this- hell ,my dryer sheets smell better than this. I wonder how much thought was put into this fragrance. This smells like every other cheap and nasty scent out there. Where is the 'delicious' apple ? Horrible ,horrible, horrible. For The Perfume God's sake, please don't buy this.

18 June, 2010

Morgaine's avatar
    Morgaine

Gigantic sillage, DO NOT wear in confined spaces. Aggressively fruity and citrusy-sharp - instant headache potion. Repugnant. Doesn't change much over time, though the most offensively sharp top notes do mellow ever so slightly. My observational powers are compromised by the blinding headache this one gives me.

04 September, 2009

mikey_p's avatar
    mikey_p

Tiresome and far too high pitched. It has been said that this fragrance is "light". It is nothing of the sort. This is loud, screechy and abrasive like nails down a chalkboard.

21st January, 2009

Nukapai's avatar
    Nukapai

I don't like the melon/fruity combination at all and combined with the synthetic-smelling apple, I'm left with an impression of a bucket of apple peels and hollowed out melon skins doused in some kind of cleaning product. Not good. I'm sure this will suit many people, but it fails to entice me.

03 August, 2008

buster'smom's avatar
    buster'smom

My hairstylist told me about DKNY Be Delicious, so believing her as I do about everything in the beauty world, I rushed out and scored a sample from our one and only Herbergner's. Within five minutes, I was looking for a drinking fountain, not only to take some Exceedrin for a quickly approaching migraine headache, but to wash that scent off my wrist! The initial burst of floral was overpowering to say the least. I waited for the next note to appear, only to find that it was a weaker version of the first. Did I ever find the Apple, the Watermellon, the delighful fruit salad I expected? No. Perhaps it's my personal chemistry, perhapsI'll try it again, but for now, I'll put the sample away and try my Chanel Coco.

07 April, 2007

Bruspotter's avatar
    Bruspotter
    Belgium Belgium

Totally unappealing on a woman. Sour and offensive to the nose and a pollution of ones' personal space. Why would anyone spray themselves with this nasty concoction?

02 April, 2007 (Last Edited: 10th September, 2009)

TDDanae's avatar
    TDDanae

This to me is a typical boring fruity floral and I am one who likes an occasional fruity floral, but this one is just blah. Nothing different or special. Ripe green apples with more fruit and cucumber, florals, and the drydown woods are not even perceptible to me. It is not offensive in any way, just boring.

29 January, 2007

Aiona's avatar
    Aiona

This perfume smells like Curve, to me. And I cannot wear it, for the same reasonsI won't wear Curve. It reminds my husband of all irritating women he used to encounter when he worked in a movie theater.

15 September, 2006

Ibiza_Hippie's avatar
    Ibiza_Hippie

Strangely this doesn't smell of apples to me. It just smells strange and generic, I was expecting an apple scent but the cucumber seems to dominate it all.

It's NOT a scent to try.

28 February, 2006

Choco's avatar
    Choco

A modern and nice bottle helps nothing the bad and boring scent!

16 February, 2006

totalparfumlove's avatar
    totalparfumlove

Wahhh.....i smell like a granny smith apple!

06 February, 2006

JohnnyH's avatar
    JohnnyH

It smells so common. It's unoriginal... you can find a lot of similar scent on the shelves...

05 January, 2006

Tropical_Storm's avatar
    Tropical_Storm

This scent is dominated by the smell of green apples. Not horrific, but then why would anyone want to smell like an apple? I don't see the point.

03 December, 2005