Reviews

Reviews of Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin Fraicheur by Lolita Lempicka

Genre: Woody Oriental

Good news! Though tricked out with an extra dihydromyrcenol top note (the “Fraîcheur” part) the green anise accord that made the original interesting is intact. Even better, the hideous mutant woody amber base note that ruins the first au Masculin is turned down from foghorn to whisper in this flanker. The bad news? You knew it was coming: in the absence of that loathsome woody amber, Lolita Lempicka au Masculin Fraîcheur becomes ephemeral, with little detectable presence after a couple of hours’ wear. Still, I’d rather wear this for two hours than suffer through its older brother’s suffocating drydown.
19th June, 2014
A very comfortable, discreet and exquisite fragrance. Vaguely similar to the original, not strident, never cloying.
Stays close to the skin but longevity is good in a relaxing way
Nice choice for spring and summer.
15th October, 2012
Watered down version of au Masculin. If you thought that au Masculin had a short shelf life, then Fraicheur will make you think twice as it lasts about 25 minutes. Over-spraying doesn't help either. Pointless.
15th May, 2011
I normally like anise, but something about the sweetened anise in this is just horrible. Fraicheur? Not likely, more like urine and play-doh. Eau de kindergarten?
24th February, 2007
I don´t really like sweet aromas but this one has something is kind of sweet but subtle and very airy, i don´t know how to explain, it´s just superb. The anised water is very very light and is mixed with green light herbal notes and citrics,and last long forever and it has incredible reactions of the people surruound you, give yourself a favour and try it! :)
21st September, 2006
I too like the original version better, but let's face it -- that stuff blows people away. I remember when I got a spray of the original on a card. I took it to the bar and gave it to the guy next to me to smell. He took a whiff, recolied, and asked me if I was trying to kill him. So that's why there's a need for this lighter version. It has just enough of what makes the original great, but you can wear it during the day without embarrasment; you can even wear it in summer. Watered-down Lempicka is regular strength when compared against most other colognes.
19th August, 2005
Has a muddled effect on me, kind of a food-y aroma. This could be the bottom wood notes clashing with one of the other top notes. Not something I'll wear again.
01st February, 2005