Negative Reviews of Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani

Find out more about Armani Mania for Women by Giorgio Armani in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

JubliantUvula's avatar

This is a very boring perfume. I get lots of musk and woodsy notes, but nothing descript. I also pick up on some incense, but not impressive. I almost think this is more "masculine" than "feminine" I do not get any bit of orange.

14th April, 2011

hollycat's avatar

Ive smelled perfume like this far too many times. Its smells generic, nondescript, and painfully boring. Its like the smell of a perfume shop after every perfume has been spritzed into the air, sort of a conglomeration of scents. I cant seem to pick out a note. It smells like perfume for the sake of perfume. No heart, No soul.

21st March, 2011

Merbert's avatar

The attempt at mixed spices is valiant, but it is destroyed by a double dose of black currant and mismatched florals. I never experience any of the supposed base accords on the drydown except synthetic vanilla. If there are woods in Mania for Women, I can't find them.

24th May, 2009

Armani Mania EDP begins with a blast which subsides immediately to a balanced, refined, low-keyed green, citrus, and mild spice. This is rather a light, neutral accord replete with a mild mixture of what could be potent spices: saffron, cloves, and nutmeg. It’s a pleasant accord – non-offensive and non-intriguing. Up until this point, the scent is uncharacteristically Armani in that it exhibits a solid nature and a definite sillage, but all too soon, those pleasant qualities disappear and this Armani becomes the more typically weak Armani fragrance. After the introduction of the spices in the heart notes, I lose everything: The entire fragrance just goes blank on me. I get no guaiac wood, no incense, musk, or vanilla. No. Sorry – Mania would get a neutral if it had some longevity, but the longevity in this scent is pathetic. 131

09th March, 2008