Neutral Reviews of Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton

Find out more about Paris Hilton by Paris Hilton in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

yrogergmc's avatar
    yrogergmc

Acceptable but not very special

Paris Hilton's concoctions are a marketing coup. They are perfectly appropriate for their teen demographic; the packaging and "image" are a bit edgy, but the scents themselves are completely safe. Light, unremarkable, but pleasant enough; I would rather spend more money and get better quality, but for the price, it's pretty decent. Especially if you are a star-struck teenager. I am not, but even I can't complain about the scent - it's well-done, if light (even in EDP strength). If you want to wear a barely-there perfume and don't mind simple scents, this is a nice aquatic-fruity-floral that doesn't overwhelm. Nice as a room spray, too.

Pros: Better than others in its price range / demographic
    Cons: Not what I would call "real perfume""

15 October, 2013

tkcolumbia's avatar
    tkcolumbia

Got a mini for free. The bottle is cute and hardy so it hangs out in my purse for those moments when you need to spray something that smells good...

It smells like the last, lingering waft of the perfume aisle. Pretty, subtle, nice.
    A sweet and musky, yet clean and unobtrusive scent- not especially distinguishable.
    Not sophisticated or luxurious, a casual and inexpensive scent that smells good.
    A neutral for Miss Hilton's self titled because it smells neutral
    ~TK

20th February, 2012

diamontes's avatar
    diamontes

I used to wear this fragrance everyday as my signature scent. I enjoyed the fruity sweet scent with a very minimal hint of floral, it made me feel optimistic and teeny boppy young. My friend liked it so much on me, she bought one herself. However, now that i own more fragrances, i have come to realise how it does not compare to other fragrances that are on the market.

The bottle design is very cheap though. The black wiggly lines you see on the bottle is actually a clear sticker with the lines on it, wrapped around the bottle. Not very impressive on the dresser and i sense the intended audience was for a young teen, still in school and still going through puberty.

I think it would appeal more to young girls who are just discovering perfumes who are into a medium sweet fruity fragrance.

It's not absolutely terrible...but it does not compare to other fragrances that are out there.

Notes as described on fragranceheaven.com.au:

Top notes include frozen apple, peach nectar, wet ozone and muguet, with heart notes of freesia, mimosa, jasmine and tuberose. Base notes combine skin musk, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, oakmoss and pheromone.

12 May, 2011

Weimar27's avatar
    Weimar27

Whound anybody like have a hot cup of Cappuchino toppled with Fruits.
    gives this vibe coffee and fruits
    it has to grow on me before i like it or hate it but the only thing i love is the perfume design it reminds me if Doris Day whound wore if she was making on of those bedroom farses of the late 1950's in Paris Very French Looking

16 August, 2010

doppelganger's avatar
    doppelganger

It seems like a decent fruity/floral. Paris Hilton would be perfect for a lunch date at the country club. It seems far too playful for a more serious occasion and doesn't make a particularly unique or strong statement. I think on one positive note, the fragrance doesn't seem to change much from through the dry down; it is pretty honest. I might buy a small bottle for those times when I want to project a different image.

20th November, 2008

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Peaches & champagne. That's all. I'm about 50/50 on this one. Maybe for the younger crowd...

07 November, 2007

Aiona's avatar
    Aiona

I saw this perfume at Wal-Mart, and I really wanted to sniff a tester first, but couldn't find any! So, Ms. Hilton's company ended up with my $9.99 for a small bottle. It isn't bad. It smells a whole lot like "Sunflowers," actually, and there was a time when I really liked that scent. However, these days, I'd prefer something a little less girly to wear to work. This would have been a nice scent if I were 10 years younger.

02 September, 2006

castorpollux's avatar
    castorpollux

Tough call.The scent is ok, nothing out of this world, it's everything you'd expect nowadays for girls: fresh, a bit fruity not so much sugary, light and fleeting, the bottle is beyond tacky, the colours are obvious given the celebrity that endorses it, the spray is a bit funky cause it doesn't spray well, like a mist. But if we are talking about what's really important and that is the smell of it, well i have to say it is nice, and was suprised by how nice it was compared to other celebrity outings. The apples on it a very obvious as is the fressia note. Terrible lasting power.

19 January, 2006

Goddess_Dreams's avatar
    Goddess_Dreams

I never thought I would like this, I do though. It smells a lot like Ralph by Ralph Lauren but a lot nicer in my opinion and longer lasting. Not as sweet as Ralph either. Having said that let me add that this fragrance is one that is easy to like and just as easy to forget and not wear again. At least for me! It's easy to wear, but there is nothing that stands out about it, nothing that makes it memorable, nothing that you would never forget once you've smelled it. I think of it as an easy spring, but even more so summer scent.

21st October, 2005