Negative Reviews of Purple Water by Asprey

Find out more about Purple Water by Asprey in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

wheelspinner's avatar

On initial application, Purple Water smells exactly like the lemon-scented washing powder I use in the laundry. After a couple of hours, the scent is a powerful musk that overwhelms everything else. I can't smell any ginger or basil notes at all. It scores well for longevity, but that's actually a drawback in this case.

07 January, 2013

Sassafras's avatar

What the heck am I missing here??

I get nothing except a weak lemonade top and a light woody drydown, all of which is totally gone in less than 10 minutes.

This is a quality upper-class cologne? I don't think so...

I must have been duped into buying a knock off or something, because what's in the bottle I have, isn't worth 2 cernts.

Lackluster and boring sum it up.

17 August, 2012

hirch_duckfinder's avatar

Cheap synthetic citrus/floral/musk/musk/musk.

25 September, 2010

AnimaSola's avatar

I would wear this if I lived in England and had no idea what fragrance to wear to Sunday church service.

29 November, 2009

vcw's avatar

Pledge (but to me in the bad way), plus citronella candle, and 8% DEET thrown in. Will pass on this one.

29 January, 2009

phibess's avatar

I got a small sprayer of this juice and whoa..smells like another cheap drugstore citrus frag to my nose, rather bland and one-dimensional, in fact, it reminds me of one of those citrus air refreshers or washing up liquids. After about 10-15 minutes the orange starts to appear but the lemon is still too dominant. def. lacks originality imo.

05 October, 2006