Positive Reviews of Ananas Fizz by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Find out more about Ananas Fizz by L'Artisan Parfumeur in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

Yup, pinapple it is, not too sweet, a nice ananas, with a touch of lemon for added freshness. Fruity indeed, but the lychee is quite weak and ephemeral on my skin. In the base a touch of tonka is added. Overall a nice scent for cooler summer days, but nothing overly special. Very good silage and projection though with an excellent longevity of seven hours on my skin. Borderline case, but the longevity and nice top notes just lift it into to thumbs-up category.

10th January, 2014

hester's avatar

South Africa South Africa

I am a little in love with this. Sprayed myself wet, as they say, in-store and was in nose bliss the rest of the day. Sure it's artificial, but NOT imo in an energy drink way (yuckk!!!!!). No, this is like wearing fruit candy, the chewy kind, and in a citrus-pineapple flavour. In the same family of scents as Kenzo's travel exclusive with Bali in the name, but more zesty, less musky.

24 August, 2010

debauchery's avatar

This perfume was my FIRST foray out of the commercial (Chanel, Dior, etc) perfume world and into the more niche perfumes.

All along, I was under the impression that perfumes were either woody and dowdy (as most commercial labels' older perfumes had presented themselves) or sweet and sparkling (as most of the newer commercial perfumes had presented themselves). Ananas Fizz, as a fruit perfume, really surprised me in that it was not cloying or 'typical' of the new-age mans perfume. I was completely smitten. It was fresh and had a distinct pineapple note WITHOUT smelling artificial or 'plastic' like so many fruity fragrances do. It also smells nice and boozy which I love.

Anyway, i bought a 100ml bottle and have since finished using it, and I loved it every time i wore it. Not exactly something to wear to a dinner, but still a relatively easy scent to wear. My only beef with this perfume is that the sillage is like the memory span of a goldfish and i HATE having to reapply because it looks silly spraying on perfume in public.

27 June, 2010

bugsyiii's avatar

Thought I would purchase this one after reading some of the reveiws and I am so glad I did! I love the drydown of this one, is is not too fruity as some hve suggested yet, as the combination of all the notes come together it moves me to say...WOW!!!!

20th December, 2007

Kotori's avatar

I like this one! It is so much like a pineapple cocktail. It's like a slightly more grown-up relative of the Escada summer editions. It's also a bit more realistic. It fades to cedar relatively quickly, but I still love it.

28 May, 2007

Watergirl's avatar

I love this! But I agree, it could last longer. Wonder if there is a body lotion. The two together would be fantastic!

A definite summer scent, very clean and refreshing.

24 April, 2007

mikeperez23's avatar

Applied it and instantly it brought a smile to my face - the pineapple notes are really fruit smell, not sugary fuit notes. The remarkable thing is the pineapple notes seem to float off of my skin, because when I smell my skin close I just can't smell pineapple...maybe on the skin I get vanilla but a REALLY LIGHT vanilla

Layers great with my Eau des Merveilles - smells like a cocktail party on the beach!

02 March, 2007

Naed_Nitram's avatar

The Baron de Charlus recently informed me: 'The other night I dreamed again that I was in the Palace of Versailles. Passing Marie Antoinette on the stairs, I gallantly sprayed her with a bottle of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Ananas Fizz.
    "Naughty Charley-Charl," she giggled, "you must not spray the Queeny-Queen. Off with his head!" I made a deep bow. "Your Majesty," I informed her, "I intended it merely as a token of my enormous esteem. Yet what a tantalizing scent Ananas Fizz is! On the face of it, a simple enough citrus effusion, but layered with I know not what ingredients that transform it into a gold and gorgeous mystery! What do you think they might be?"
    "Cod and garlic," cackled the Queen, "cod and garlic just for me!" "A truly revolting thought, you regal slubberdegullion," I choked, before hurrying off to the palace latrines.'

26 May, 2006

Tovah's avatar

This is the fragrance of carefree happiness and joy. It's so bright and uplifting I want to bathe in it. I wish it had better lasting power, but I must own this, even if I have to pickle myself in it to make it last. It's bright, fun, cheerful, and so pretty!

16 March, 2006

teflondog's avatar

Smells like a fruity mixed drink you would have at the beach. It's very lively and fun. It's a great scent for spring and summer. Even though it doesn't last too long, it's really refreshing. It's one of the easier scents to wear from L'artisan and I don't see how anyone could hate this.

29 December, 2005

Sharky's avatar

Ananas Fizz does not evolve much on my skin, it smells basically the same now as when I applied, only weaker. The scent itself smells like pineapple and coconut, it is quite nice, not too sweat either. I really enjoy the smell on this scent; It is a nice, light fragrance that would be well suited for the summer. My only gripes with this scent is that I think it would be better if it were a little more potent, lasted longer and had slightly more sillage. I applied it about 2 hours ago and already it has very noticeably weakened. If scents last well on your skin I would definatly recommend checking this one out as a summer scent. I would give it a 7/10.

17 August, 2005

CoL's avatar

Oh I love this one! Pineapple and cocnut without smelling like a pina colada! Lasts forever and still keeps its "fizz" all the way through! Yumsters!

02 June, 2005