Reviews of Second Skin by Ted Baker

rbaker Show all reviews
Bergamot and cardamom with good herbal lashing - clary sage and basil - combine in the opening to a gently spicy set of top notes. Whilst the spiciness is clearly the backbone of the whole combination, this is neither a heavy nor an incense-laden mix; it is lighter on my skin with a touch of playful elegance. Nicely done!

In the drydown the fresh side - the bergamot that is, - retreats into the backgound and is replaced by a lovely lavender impression, and the base adds a nice, gently restrained musky untertone. Just prior to the end a tiny hint of woodsy-vetiver-tainted soapiness is present.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and nine hours of longevity on my skin.

A well-crafted scent for warmer winter days, made of traditional ingredients and nice as a lighter incense-spice-centred creation. 3/5.
13th March, 2017
This is ginger and nutmeg having sex. Not making love. And there is no ginger in it, but all the other spices make like ginger to my nose. I want it to be more profound, a little deeper, but for me it is a tad fleeting. There is an attraction, a desire to keep sniffing. But overall, I tihnk an intense version would hit the spot for us frag junkies. The notes are too sumptuous to be light. A very similar fragrance is Jafra J9 in the matte black bottle.
08th January, 2011
I agree with Todd. Nothing like the original Skinwear whatsoever.

A really excellent sequel perhaps better suited to evenings or cool weather. Sensual and spicy but with a warmth and richness to it.

Cannot decide if the topnotes are clove or nutmeg, I think maybe the former. Certainly if you like exotics such as YSL Opium PH or Cacharel PH then I think you'll be delighted with this and also with the fact that it's a very reasonable price.

Longevity and sillage are very good and I cannot fault this scent at all. I like it loads and wear it very often, in fact it's become one of my firm favourites.

Add odd thing to notice perhaps, but people seem to gravitate closer to me when I am wearing this one. It seems to draw people in, perhaps to get a better sniff ? Whatever! Everyone just seems to like it. It's not overpowering, ourageous or outstanding, it's just really nice.
03rd August, 2010

Not at all what I was expecting, after the light crispness of Skinwear. Unlike that, this ones heavy, even murky. Not sure how to begin to describe it. Smoky leather coffee? Definitely a winter scent. Not sure if women would prefer it, but one could wear it to poker night with the boys, and not fear ridicule. Super long lasting. As with Skinwear, the bottle's half the fun. I'd buy it again.
07th December, 2007