Reviews of Donald Trump The Fragrance by Donald Trump

Find out more about Donald Trump The Fragrance by Donald Trump in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

Scent-e-mental's avatar

I gave this a thumbs up only because there's no thumbs diagonal icon. The fragrance starts off with a bizarre bubblegum- meets- nail poish- remover accord (or is it discord?). Afterwards it settles down into a fairly generic woody spicy fragrance with a touch of sweetness. It actually reminds me somewhat of Kenneth Cole Signature.

20th August, 2011

PerfumeCollector's avatar

Get yourself a jar of Vlasik, put the juice in an atomizer and voila: Donald Trump "The Fragrance".
    It will be cheaper and as bonus you get to eat the pickles!!!!!!
    In few words, don't waste your time in this hideous concoction

24 July, 2011

Swanky's avatar

The bottle design is not half-bad, reminiscent of Lauder For Men. From Donald Trump, I didn't expect class, but I did expect power - perhaps an Obsession or Z-14 wannabe. Instead, the fragrance is a very thin, grassy water that reminds me of Navy For Men, although Trump is not as poorly constructed. Clearly not much cash went into the concoction of this celebrity tie-in.

His shirt and tie lines are what you'd expect - ostentatious power business clothes (I even own a few). Had Donald Trump The Fragrance gone along the same lines: over-the-top, in your face, self-consciously masculine, it might have had at least a kitschy enjoyment. Had it been cast against type and smelled subtle and rich, it'd be a pleasant surprise. As it stands, this fragrance is dull and stereotypically drugstore cheap. Not terrible smelling, but irrelevant. I'll give it a neutral as it's not offensively bad and at $8 not pretentiously priced.

Kenneth Cole's Signature for Men delves into similar waters.

07 September, 2010 (Last Edited: 10th June, 2014)

The_Cologneist's avatar

All the negative reviews of this didn't impact my decision to blind buy this. A price of 7.99 at Marshall's on a boring day of fragrance browsing was reason enough for me to give this guy a try. I'm quite glad that I did, and far more pleased than others.

Firstly, I'd like to comment on the top notes. Citrus.. huh? mint.. ehh, basil.. yes, cucumber.. YES, pickles.. YES!! I get a big fat slap in the face with a half sour pickle; and like the food, it's quite an acquired taste. Not your normal pickle, half sours: distinguished look and taste, as is this fragrance. Sort of a off-citrus and very light synthetic cypress thing going on, but the big player in this stuff is the cucumber. The heart is pretty boring. Smells like a mix of juniper berries, greens, and some spices.. notably basil. The base then adds some vetiver. I also get a bit of aloe from this fragrance, perhaps this is their attempt at mint, that ends up smelling like aloe.

Boring, yes. Why this is billed as the worst fragrance ever to some, is still beyond me. It doesn't smell bad. I wish the cucumber/half sour pickle opening lasted much longer. The Fragrance doesn't project much, but that helps it because if this did project anymore than it does, it would smell very cheap.

This reminds me of a more wearable Polo Explorer mixed with the synthetic cypress from Usher's VIP, and infused with cucumbers. Worth 7.99? Sure! give it a go, you may like it. It may become your signature fragrance. It's got a different opening than most, but is ultimately boring and generic. To me.. this sounds like the perfect office scent, and let's face it: boring, generic, casual, versatile, less projection.. these are the qualities we look for in an office scent.

04 September, 2010

AlexPanzer's avatar

I personally love this stuff, especially after shower in the morning before work when I am in the great mood. Sure the name is tacky, but it does smell very pleasant: just the right amount of lemon. I am almost done with my bottle and will definitely buy some more if I can find it for a cheap price. I did get a couple of compliments but I never revealed that this was a Trump fragrance. It smells nice and clean.

13 May, 2010

colago's avatar

Poland Poland

I wonder who would care to wear such fragrances as this. Certainly, not Donald Trump himself. Terribly common!

17 January, 2010

AnthonyDG's avatar

I don't like it, but I don't totally hate it. It's just completely forgettable and smells cheap.

I'm not going to evaluate the celeb behind the celebrity fragrance, as that's not really the point, is it? But I wanted to say this much - why would HE even allow his name to be put on such a mediocre, forgettable fragrance?

15 June, 2009

z71ECUPirate's avatar

Trump is the man. This fragrance is nice but not something you wear and people will compliment you but it is good. I only wear it on important business things where I want to feel successful. Id give it an 8/10. BTW I got it at TJ Maxx... lol...

10th January, 2008

CoL's avatar

Ok its obvioulsy not the best mens scent available, but its rather nice! I bought it blind and was expecting some horrible mess like Hilfiger Athletics. Pleasent citrusy scent with a wamer drydown. Not terribly spicy but very easy to wear. Pleasent and fresh. Good office wear if you dont want to stand out!

24 October, 2007

Memphis35's avatar

Why would anybody want to smell like Trump? He's old.

21st October, 2007

Stockholm's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Is this what you would choose if you hade a billion on your bank account...? Or is this what you think that a flamboyant person like Mr. Trump would smell like...? I just hope that the base of his building empire is more solid than the base notes of this house of cards... And can you imagine that this is done in collaboration with Mr. Lauder...what were you guys thinking of...obviously not perfume...

09 December, 2006

sshak13's avatar

OK OK ITS NOT THAT BAD. it does smell like a lot of other stuff. But these old ppl here just dont like the spice. Its meant for younger guys.

23 August, 2006

Innocence's avatar

I'm sorry to say this Donald, but this product is shouting out to the consumer 'quick buck'. Unfortunately, in a desperate attempt to earn more money, multi-millionaire, Donald Trump, has released a very mediocre product that does not live up to a name of his esteem. The problem with this fragrance is that it is too sharp and spicy; and is a really shocker to the nose. To be fair; I think that this product may have appealed more to the public if Trump got rid of the 'spicy notes' as part of the "Middle Notes".

12 January, 2006

Joshaugustt's avatar

PLEASE...DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME AND MONEY ON THIS LOSER. IT'S GOT EVEN LESS CLASS THAN TRUMP!

27 April, 2005

Kensington44's avatar

Well this just goes to show "The Donald" is needy enough to eneter a mad dash for a nickle against a homeless person. Apprently the board game wasn't enough to boost his ego, so he needed to be on the box of his own fragrance. This is just another example of someone getting into something they should have no business in. I hope he doesn't enter the hair product market... I really wouldn't trust "Trump Shampoo". Any ways...about the fragrance. Smells like Atheletics by Tommy Hilfiger. I was expecting something more spicy. In all, it wasn't terrible cuz I did like Athletics when it was still being made, but nothing great. Sorry Donald, you're Fired.

28 December, 2004