Neutral Reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma

Find out more about Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

flathorn's avatar

Note: I used to adore this fragrance, even though it was fairly sneezy. But since becoming more sensitive to aldehydes, I can't wear it anymore.
    This fragrance took my breath away. It is a beautiful chypre from start to finish. There wasn't one wrong note in the entire formulation. I consider this Acqua Di Parma's masterpiece, rather than their more well-known EDC's.
    One partial list of notes I found online - Top Notes: bergamot, bitter orange, petitgrain, lavender, sage Mid notes: honeysuckle, neroli, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, rose, cinnamon, clove, cardamom Base notes: amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, frankincense, cedar. But that's just partial. It boasts over 300 ingredients. This parfum is loaded to such a degree, that only skill could have brought it all together.
    It smells like rough smokey Gardenia on my skin - sultry, classy, sensuous, cerebral. If you're a Chypre person, you owe yourself a sample of this. I bow to its beauty, and intelligence of construction. Profumo is really what perfumes are all about - why we buy them, why we love them.

14th November, 2005 (Last Edited: 31st July, 2011)