Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Acqua di Parma Profumo by Acqua di Parma

Note: I used to adore this fragrance, even though it was fairly sneezy. But since becoming more sensitive to aldehydes, I can't wear it anymore.
This fragrance took my breath away. It is a beautiful chypre from start to finish. There wasn't one wrong note in the entire formulation. I consider this Acqua Di Parma's masterpiece, rather than their more well-known EDC's.
One partial list of notes I found online - Top Notes: bergamot, bitter orange, petitgrain, lavender, sage Mid notes: honeysuckle, neroli, jasmine, ylang-ylang, iris, rose, cinnamon, clove, cardamom Base notes: amber, sandalwood, oakmoss, frankincense, cedar. But that's just partial. It boasts over 300 ingredients. This parfum is loaded to such a degree, that only skill could have brought it all together.
It smells like rough smokey Gardenia on my skin - sultry, classy, sensuous, cerebral. If you're a Chypre person, you owe yourself a sample of this. I bow to its beauty, and intelligence of construction. Profumo is really what perfumes are all about - why we buy them, why we love them.
14th November, 2005 (last edited: 31st July, 2011)