Reviews of Rare Pearls by Avon

Find out more about Rare Pearls by Avon in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

coveyrun's avatar

As stated in the description, Rare Pearls by Avon is a warm floral that makes me think of my home in the Deep South. I don't like many Avon scents, but Rare Pearls is one of the rare exceptions. This frag envelopes the wearer and all within hugging distance in a warm, twinset cashmere cardigan type of embrace. It wafts the magnolia scent of the grand Old South and smells like what any self-respecting Southern gal should--magnolias and a marvelous strand of pearls. Men seem to love it and it's rarely offensive to anyone unless overdone. Just one spray will do, shared between pulse points. It should draw folks in for a hug--not drive them away in droves. :-) An inexpensive scent that smells much more expensive. Rare Pearls may not be for everyone, but it's a perfect fit for G.R.I.T.S. (Girls Raised In The South).

02nd April, 2013

Alexey's avatar

Germany Germany

Very heavy perfume - not for everyone, but pretty great (the plum is a nice twist).

27th March, 2013

Blue Zinnia's avatar

Amazing how some of you younger folks who don't like a particular fragrance immediately want to palm it off on us "older gal[s]" (geeze.) What are we, your local Bad Taste Landfill? :-) Anyway. . . .I too have a love/hate relationship with this one. At first acquaintance, I found it really lovely. After I wore it for a few weeks, it started to strike me as having an almost skanky sweaty/indolic overtone. Some days that backs off and I still love this frag. Some days it doesn't, and I find it too heavy and too sweatily animalic to wear. I have no clue what makes the difference: Weather? Some subtle hormonal change? Biochemical shifts due to what I've eaten that day? Who knows.

03rd January, 2012

perfumista's avatar

I have an absolute love/hate thing going with this scent. In hot humid weather the magnolia blooms and draws me, it overpowers everything on my desk and pulls me in.
    In cooler weather this utterly turns me off.

This perfume is quite the man magnet.

03rd August, 2010

lauraschoice's avatar

A mildly pleasant floral, a little too sweet for my taste, a little cheap smelling.Nothing great but nothing awful either.

09th June, 2010

The_Entity's avatar

a bottle which will look good on the dressing table, at first i thought the scent was odd (maybe the pepper note) grown to like this, a good frag for an occasion like going out to dinner

27th March, 2010

pansylady's avatar

a very plummy scent- my mother-in-law's favorite- not for me, but maybe it's chemistry, because it smells ok from the bottle

03rd December, 2009

varvara's avatar

a very strong magnolia/plum/floral perfume. unbelievable sillage and lasting power.
    one spray will last at least two hours. i tried this once, twice...and then gave it to my grandmother.
    much better suited for an older (60 and older) woman.

05th August, 2009

mis.anderson's avatar

Rare Pearls is very pretty, very opulent floral. Very sparkling, shimmering and soft. A very nice fragrance.

12th October, 2008

taliaseki's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I know three ladies in my place using it continously. It is a bright magnolia rosewood scent with some cheery sweet notes. It reminds me one of my mother's friends. She was a chic lady with properly done hair all the time. This scent must have a 35 years elder twin but i do not know the name. though i find it nice, this is also a catchy scent that can become boring quickly.

30th July, 2008

JennieJenJamz's avatar

Oooh, I really don't like this one. Imari is way worse, but, this stinks so sickly sweet, that I can't stand smelling it without wanting to barf chunks! My aunt-in-law had come over one day having bathed in it and she left this chemical waste floating all throughout my house. And it was so bad! An older gal might enjoy this, but I don't know, it is very sweet smelling. My house wasn't rid of this stench until the next day, and even then I smelt leftovers. Yuck, yuck, yuck Avon!

20th April, 2008

takemyhusbandplz's avatar

I like this perfume mildly. If pearls had a scent- this would be it. This is the ONLY magnolia scent I've truly liked, it also has just a dab of what smells like plum. This is a scent that would be great at a spring time wedding. I usually wear mostly oriental-spice scents, but I still think this one is okay. My hubbie doesn't like it either.

24th November, 2005