Reviews

Neutral Reviews of Rare Pearls by Avon

Amazing how some of you younger folks who don't like a particular fragrance immediately want to palm it off on us "older gal[s]" (geeze.) What are we, your local Bad Taste Landfill? :-) Anyway. . . .I too have a love/hate relationship with this one. At first acquaintance, I found it really lovely. After I wore it for a few weeks, it started to strike me as having an almost skanky sweaty/indolic overtone. Some days that backs off and I still love this frag. Some days it doesn't, and I find it too heavy and too sweatily animalic to wear. I have no clue what makes the difference: Weather? Some subtle hormonal change? Biochemical shifts due to what I've eaten that day? Who knows.
03rd January, 2012
I have an absolute love/hate thing going with this scent. In hot humid weather the magnolia blooms and draws me, it overpowers everything on my desk and pulls me in.
In cooler weather this utterly turns me off.

This perfume is quite the man magnet.
03rd August, 2010
A mildly pleasant floral, a little too sweet for my taste, a little cheap smelling.Nothing great but nothing awful either.
09th June, 2010

a very plummy scent- my mother-in-law's favorite- not for me, but maybe it's chemistry, because it smells ok from the bottle
03rd December, 2009
a very strong magnolia/plum/floral perfume. unbelievable sillage and lasting power.
one spray will last at least two hours. i tried this once, twice...and then gave it to my grandmother.
much better suited for an older (60 and older) woman.
05th August, 2009
I like this perfume mildly. If pearls had a scent- this would be it. This is the ONLY magnolia scent I've truly liked, it also has just a dab of what smells like plum. This is a scent that would be great at a spring time wedding. I usually wear mostly oriental-spice scents, but I still think this one is okay. My hubbie doesn't like it either.
24th November, 2005