Reviews of Blu Notte by Bulgari

Find out more about Blu Notte by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

KarmaLee's avatar

I get just a hint of vodka with a generic hit of floral. Maybe a bit of vanilla chocolate in the drydown. A very subtle fragrance that might work for riding on a train in close quarters, or at work when you have to sit around a conference table and want something low and quiet.

I prefer loud and sassy it seems, but there is a gentle beauty here.

17 March, 2012

cello's avatar

This is a fuzzy, powdery fragrance with a powdery iris blend. But the vodka note (even if it may be a ginger infused one) really stands out here, and smells like a blast of semi sweet musk.

I can't help but feel like I've had 3 drinks past a good buzz, and the smell of the next drink in front of me is making my stomach churl. I had to give this one away, as I could not get past the searing vodka.

12 September, 2011

asilverfire614's avatar

I've been wearing this for over an hour now. I immiediately smelled the vodka & ginger, but the chocolate has yet to make an appearance...that disappoints me, as that was one of the reasons I bought this scent. Maybe in the dry-down? Right now I can detect the iris, amber, and dominating powdery notes.

This is not very strong; I chose it specifically for work because it's as inoffensive as you can get, at least in my opinion. I'm curious to see how long it lasts. I definitely agree with most that this is a winter scent.

Edit: after several hours, I definitely get the chocolate...a warm, watery chocolate...very strange yet intriguing combination! I really like this!

Dec
    2009

27 March, 2011

Darvant's avatar

A dark, light, powdery, slightly "rubbery/shower-gel type" aroma which neither disappoints me at all nor soars higher and higher on the path of olfactory masterpieces. Decently articulated by the accord of iris and vodka, this is darkened by the implement of dark chocolate turned out slightly bitter by the effect of the galanga among the top notes. The right dosage of (dark) chocolate prevents it by sliding in the gourmand dangerous territories. To be experienced, sometimes.

28 November, 2010 (Last Edited: 04 January, 2014)

arabesque's avatar

My initial reaction to this scent didn't change over time. It just smelled like perfume. Nothing original or special. I couldn't especially pick out any one scent. I guess it dried down to being a "clean" fragrance that became increasingly sweet on my skin. On my sister it made a nasty turn to straight vodka. I can't help thinking "bar skank" when I smell this on most people. My mind then leads me to thinking that I also smell stale cigarette smoke. Simply association. Still, not a good one.

22 October, 2009

varvara's avatar

so dark and sensual...the vodka, bitter chocolate and iris are so seamlessly blended it will make your head swim.
    an absolute dream perfume with decent lasting power.

03 August, 2009

Stargazer's avatar

Wales Wales

I was looking forward to this, being a fan of The Vert Extreme and Rose Essentielle, but found it rather disappointing. It seems to me like a cross between a nondescript aftershave and one of those spicy 70s scents (think Aqua Manda). Wont be buying another bottle when this one runs out.

29 July, 2009

tnamey's avatar

This is one sensual fragrance. I find it irrestible. The iris top note is bold but fades, still there but not overwhelming. The chocolate is there, but I also smell musk and vodka. I would rate this one of my top five female fragrances, three of which are in the Bulgari line. Also unique, but more mainsream than B. Black. Women, this is a seductive fragrance. I'm glad it commonly out there, for my safety!

10th January, 2009

Sunnyfunny's avatar

This is a beautiful fragrance, smells nice on my skin, and has staying power on me. I got a sample and used it all, but every opportunity I've had to buy it I have not. While it is beautiful, it isn't really intriguing and I have nothing to wear it with, unless I wore it ostentatiously with jeans. But I have Pure Poison for that. Besides, it smells a little uppity to me, and not much fun. Maybe I'll revisit it when I'm 40. Maybe.

24 December, 2008

Ruqayya33's avatar

This is one of my HG frags!!! Light, fresh and powdery. This can easily go from jeans and a tee to a black dress occasion. I can definitely smell iris and dark (bitter) chocolate in this, but I also get a light baby powder note. Not overly sweet or cloying, just "charming." ;) Lasting power is an impressive 10+ hours.

05 December, 2008

RayKay's avatar

I adore this one, I am a fan of Bvlgari overall (have the Vert, the Rouge, Black) because they are something a bit "different" than the usual and I tend to prefer something "distinct" rather than floral or fruity.

I do get the vodka, most definitely, and it really does bring in that watery & clean vibe to the scent overall. It dries down to something slightly powdery - but not overally so as I really cannot stand powdery fragrances and I can DEFINITELY enjoy this - and somehow rich (but not sweet) with a bite of dark chocolate.

And I certainly don't fit in the previous description of: "superficial, common, bar hopping, giggly, gets-along-great-with-everybody yet has never known true friendship..."!! Yikes, far from it!

I think it does take a certain person to wear it, but I think more of "sexy & confident" wrapped up in a warm blanket of "intelligent, fun and mature"...

16 January, 2008

Wordbird's avatar

Wales Wales

I really wanted to try this fragrance after reading the notes - how delicious they sound! In fact, it's all handled with such admirable restraint that this is not the extraordinary confection I had wondered about.

This is a very well-mannered fragrance that has a lovely sheerness to it and a very pleasant rounded warmth. It's dignified and quietly sensual - I get slight hints of the dark chocolate base note but overall would have thought the base was more ambery and slightly woody.

To me this is a sheer lightly gourmand oriental. It would be a pretty safe gift.

01st December, 2007 (Last Edited: 28 April, 2008)

ananya's avatar

Indonesia Indonesia

a lovely fresh scent. the vodka and ginger are most evident at first. the chocolate slowly drips in. however, it didnt even last 2hrs on me! how sad, because it is a beautiful concoction.

13 October, 2007

Chedwick's avatar

Galanga isn't your ginger root type of ginger--it is more like hot red pepper, so there is no gingerale/ginger note in this. No baby products either, The Iris rhizomes smell typically very much like violets here, with vodka and the peppery note. The base is a real dark chocolate. the blend is evening sexy. The vodka note comes out more in hot climates, the violets moreso during cool weather.

09 August, 2007

nthny's avatar

This has a huge family resemblance (HUGE) with Blu Notte pour Homme, Blu, and Blu pour Homme. They all have that initial baby wipe fizz opening that has to be tolerated in order to get to the good part. Read the pyramid and its hard to imagine the smell of what that would be like until you actually are wearing this fragrance. I'm sorry, I'm sorry... but imagine baby wipe, inside of clean diaper, on top of chocolate, and you have this fragrance. Somehow though, that kinda smells good... Not full bottle worthy but interesting nonetheless.

21st June, 2007

sylvianella's avatar

This is a really sexy perfume. I didn't think of it as fresh and watery until I saw it described as such on sephora(funny how when you are told something smells of something particular you automatically start smelling that bit) but I definately never thought of it as a sweet choclatey ginger biscuit fragrance as the notes might suggest. Anyhow, everytime I spray it now, I find it fresh,breezy and almost aquatic but in a rather solid secure not "watery" way. If I say i find it suitable for summer and winter you'll probably get the gist of what I mean. Very sophistocated yet in no way is it "old lady" at all. My only wish is that it lasted longer.

30th May, 2007

Hoppity's avatar

Well, it smells gorgeous on me and I get complimented all the time because of it. I don't detect the vodka (although maybe that contributes to the freshness of the fragrance), for me it's light and feminine. I wear it all day, it's subtle, powdery and light. It even smells "blue".

30th May, 2007

TurkishRose's avatar

Turkey Turkey

I like the powder but it smells a bit generic to me. I think I'm spoiled by the original Bulgari.

14 May, 2007

Margareta's avatar

Sweden Sweden

Perhaps Bulgari´s best perfume, at least IMHO....! And already hard to find in the stores, on it´s way out...? Thera are too many perfumes prodused, when this one no longer is available, introdused only three years ago! It´s on my wishlist, and I will get it the next time I find it, but I will have to go abroad to find it!

06 May, 2007

sherrie11's avatar

The only problem I have with Blv Notte is the galanga, which I've found out is ginger. I knew there had to be ginger in there! For some reason, ginger goes all strong and man-cologne'ish on me - it takes over. But the drydown is soft and very nice. It lingers softly on the skin for hours, and it smells refined, nicely composed, articulate. The dark chocolate is just a touch, not overbearing or tooth achingly sweet. It's a nice fragrance, and I'm glad I tried a sample, but I won't be buying a bottle. I can't do the galanga.

08 March, 2007

syracusa's avatar

Romania Romania

For me, it was infatuation and then deep dislike; this after my sister suggested that it smells like the personality of your average modern woman: superficial, common, bar hopping, giggly, gets-along-great-with-everybody yet has never known true friendship...
    Nothing to her.
    It's weird because as soon as she said that I recognized what she was talking about. I am afraid it is true.

12 January, 2007

jpapillon's avatar

I thought I would like it for its complexity of sweet (iris) and dark (chocolate) scents, but one me it really just smells like someone spilled a drink. The old adage goes, "If you don't want to smell like you've been drinking, drink vodka." After testing Blu Notte, all I can say is if you want to smell like you've had a two martini lunch, wear Blu Notte.

09 January, 2007

ordai's avatar

Finland Finland

I love this one.
    it´s like liquorice on yor skin. You want to eat yourself.

07 November, 2006

ubuandibeme's avatar

The previous reviews are wonderfully accurate. For me, the powdery iris is extremely long lasting, and finishes somewhat dry. Bulgari has an original blend here...sounds like we're all lovin' it!

03 November, 2006

misspring's avatar

5 Stars and a Big Thumbs Up:
    Bulgari has made a love potion with this one. It is intoxicating and seems to work magic with everyone. A friend told me about it, "You HAVE to try this!" she said, and pulled a bottle out of her handbag. The next day I was buying a bottle for myself. It is nearly gone, as it worked very well on hot summer nights.

30th September, 2006

lulu's avatar

Stunning stuff! Really rich and sophisticated and smells like nothing else out there. I don't get the ginger note -- on me it starts with a bittersweet chocolate note and evolves into very expensive chilled vodka (yum!) plus a hint of some kind of very deep subtle floral (maybe this is the iris?) Smooth, dark, deep, warm and cold at the same time, soft but with a sharp edge somewhere, if that makes any sense. New personal favorite.

01st September, 2006

xdattax's avatar

truly a beautiful scent. the chocolate and the vodka wrap around you and blossom into a beautiful melody of scent. to me, the blu notte is best at night with a low cut dress, blue, of course, and a killer pair of high heels... of course the lady wearing such an ensamble very well might be smoking a cigar and drinking port.

31st May, 2006 (Last Edited: 10th April, 2007)

scody's avatar

Fantastic, rich fragrance with a subtle spicy kick from the ginger that crystallizes into the hint of cocoa and a full-bodied iris note. I'm crazy about it (and so's my boyfriend!). Definitely my current favorite -- my only quibble is that I wish it had a little more longevity.

01st May, 2006

scenteur7's avatar

An improvement from BLV with a velvety chocolate in the base, taking the oevrly powdery and gingery edge off the original. Better than the men's and wearable by a man inmho!

14 January, 2006

Twitchly's avatar

No idea why Sephora calls this a water fragrance. I get warmth, ginger -- especially initially -- mixed with just a whisper of cocoa. While I don't smell the vodka notes, they may be what keeps this slightly sweet fragrance from becoming cloying. It's a lullaby in a bottle, a cozy fragrance for long winter nights.

25 October, 2005