Negative Reviews of Blu Notte by Bulgari

Find out more about Blu Notte by Bulgari in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

cello's avatar

This is a fuzzy, powdery fragrance with a powdery iris blend. But the vodka note (even if it may be a ginger infused one) really stands out here, and smells like a blast of semi sweet musk.

I can't help but feel like I've had 3 drinks past a good buzz, and the smell of the next drink in front of me is making my stomach churl. I had to give this one away, as I could not get past the searing vodka.

12th September, 2011

arabesque's avatar

My initial reaction to this scent didn't change over time. It just smelled like perfume. Nothing original or special. I couldn't especially pick out any one scent. I guess it dried down to being a "clean" fragrance that became increasingly sweet on my skin. On my sister it made a nasty turn to straight vodka. I can't help thinking "bar skank" when I smell this on most people. My mind then leads me to thinking that I also smell stale cigarette smoke. Simply association. Still, not a good one.

22nd October, 2009

Stargazer's avatar

Wales Wales

I was looking forward to this, being a fan of The Vert Extreme and Rose Essentielle, but found it rather disappointing. It seems to me like a cross between a nondescript aftershave and one of those spicy 70s scents (think Aqua Manda). Wont be buying another bottle when this one runs out.

29th July, 2009

syracusa's avatar

Romania Romania

For me, it was infatuation and then deep dislike; this after my sister suggested that it smells like the personality of your average modern woman: superficial, common, bar hopping, giggly, gets-along-great-with-everybody yet has never known true friendship...
    Nothing to her.
    It's weird because as soon as she said that I recognized what she was talking about. I am afraid it is true.

12th January, 2007

jpapillon's avatar

I thought I would like it for its complexity of sweet (iris) and dark (chocolate) scents, but one me it really just smells like someone spilled a drink. The old adage goes, "If you don't want to smell like you've been drinking, drink vodka." After testing Blu Notte, all I can say is if you want to smell like you've had a two martini lunch, wear Blu Notte.

09th January, 2007