Reviews of Spirit by Antonio Banderas

Find out more about Spirit by Antonio Banderas in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

silentrich's avatar
    silentrich

Definately spicy and musky. I can't smell any kind of gourmand in this, but it could be my nose isn't as sensitive or experienced as others. To me it's a heavy and sticky musk and spice. It's cheap as can be, but if your looking for a nice cheap fragrance you'd be better off with Mustang Man or for a lighter more clean scent Mustang Blue. Giving this one a D.

03 March, 2011 (Last Edited: 08 March, 2011)

jmaddux23's avatar
    jmaddux23

Okay, the bottle looks interesting, and since it's an Antonio Banderas cologne, I decide to give it a try. I automatically get hyped up with the sweet and spicy smell. Then, the spiciness subsides, leaving me with an aroma reminiscent of a Hershey bar. I don't like smelling like chocolate, and this makes me both nauseous and let-down. Then, the chocolate smell absorbs into my skin, leaving me susceptible to bee stings. See, even the bees are let-down, and feel betrayed for having to smell something so sweet, alas, not a flower. If you want to squander $15 on a bottle of this, be my guest. Just don't expect the ladies to maul you. If anything, you'll smell like a woman.

22 November, 2009

play's avatar
    play

A. Banderas scents are made by Puig as most know. Spirit smells a lot like Aqua Quorum. The Aqua Quorum has a overly spicy notes that are very annoying to me. In Spirit it's replaced by less spicy and a bit sweet aromatic note- just perfect. I enjoy it so much that I want my room to smell like it.
    I agree w/ castorpollux that it is very underrated. Grab one, you will not regret it.

12 June, 2009

Grottola's avatar
    Grottola

Spirit is an excellent men's fragrance - in fact, I find it to be the best "cheapie" out there.

It's a very warm and spicy scent with hints of tobacco, incense, cinnamon, and spices. It's a very unique smell, and the closest fragrances I can think of that come to this are Allure Homme by Chanel, Carlos Santana for Men, and Burberry London for Men. The fragrance has a nice spicy quality to it. As it dries down, the cinnamon (which I smell the entire time) mingles with musk, amber, patchouli, and incense. Very sexy and unique, and lasts a long time! I get a lot of compliments on Spirit, and for the money, it's absolutely worth a purchase.

27 January, 2009 (Last Edited: 04 January, 2011)

Bigsly's avatar
    Bigsly

I found this about the notes (I haven't tried it yet): "Top notes of bergamot, neroli oil and citrus mingle with a spicy cinnamon middle and a complex base that includes musk, amber, patchouli and incense."

16 December, 2008

SirSlarty's avatar
    SirSlarty

This smells likes something I've had before a long time ago. Got this as a gift with the aftershave and it's a wonderful combination for a slightly less than formal evening out on the town with friends you don't need to impress except for your lady friend.

Its initial burst is superb. Light musk, some notes are too biting. Feels like a very fierce, quick romantic encounter that leaves you with a single tobacco scent.

One complimentary comment I've gotten was "You smell like 'man'."

My complaint is that the initial notes it don't last very long. It's still very good.

22 December, 2007

Aiona's avatar
    Aiona

This is a stinky cologne. But, just as with Obsession for Men in the late 1980's, the cutest guys are wearing it. So it becomes very distinctive for me. I follow it with my nose, and it leads me to a hottie. I wish I knew what it was that makes it stink so bad! The bergamot, perhaps?

02 September, 2006

RCavs's avatar
    RCavs
    Brazil Brazil

This scent isn't original and has a weak staying power... There's no depth in this one.

19 August, 2006

castorpollux's avatar
    castorpollux

I will give this a thumbs up for originality cause it's not as common as a lot of the typical male scents out there. This is a nice, short lasting coffe, tobacco and fruity scent that has very nice fresh top notes and that develops elegantly on the skin. Now is it would only come as a EDP it would be better. Very underrated this one.

01st August, 2006

F_Frez's avatar
    F_Frez

Smells like a short-lasting Xeryus Rouge version, but without the sharp/romantic/elegant notes.

14 November, 2005

sdf26's avatar
    sdf26

I like the scent, light musky, reminds me of something old school that I can't pinpoint. The problem with this one, as with other Banderas' fragrances, is that it doesn't last very long.

22 July, 2005