Positive Reviews of Boss Soul by Hugo Boss

Find out more about Boss Soul by Hugo Boss in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

rbaker's avatar

A bit of a synthetic-sharp start develops into what initially appears to be another peppery-fresh and bland scent, but after about 1/2 hour the drydown gains in depth, adding a wood note that is supported by a bit of vetiver, musk and tonka-based sweetness that distinguishes it from
    similar products with little personality.  On me it never is really that sweet but quite smooth with a touch of balancing brightness.  Overall quite acceptable, with a decent longevity of about three hours.  One of Boss's more convincing creations.

05 February, 2013

Bobster's avatar

Let me start off by saying when I first tested this on my hand I almost ran away from it. The initial blast to me was something medicinal and something hard for me to describe. I have learned that you can't judge a fragrance by a initial impression and that you should give it a full wearing before passing judgement. I got this dirt cheap and decided to give it a full wearing the other day and man oh man I am so glad I bought this. Yes its very subtle and the longevity could be better but the wood note in this is wonderful and I think if it had been stronger it might have been too cloying so I am actually glad its not stronger than it is. If I could describe this scent i would have to say it smells like nothing else on the market which makes this original in my book. If you find this dirt cheap don't be afraid to buy it. Give it a chance. I'm glad I did.

15 July, 2012

Scentirus's avatar

I just loved this scent, orange, vanilla and cinnamon rules there. My second favorite BOSS scent.
    The only weak thing to say for this fragrance is its longevity... light as soul. :)

26 December, 2010

kubeksx's avatar

Poland Poland

i really like this fragnance. this is something what i like to wear going to the clubs, it's strong, long lasting and luxurious.
    Extrordinary, changes a lot with the time: opening is uplifting and orangy and leaves me later with deep and creamy notes.
    it's highly recognisable among mixture of other people's fragnaces, alpha male i would say!
    definetly one of my fauvorites, essence of masculinity in some aspects.

07 September, 2010

cheekyhamsta's avatar

An amber/sweet-smelling fragrance with a hint of darkness that smells distinctly synthetic, but with some appeal nonetheless. I like the name and it has a nice looking bottle too. Probably best used as an evening fragrance IMO that I associate with a black outfit. This one (along with Boss Dark Blue) is probably my favourite of the recent crop of Boss fragrances, but I'm in no great hurry to buy it as I reckon that there are several other fragrances in its genre that are more interesting and do a better job (e.g. Azzaro Pour Homme, etc.). Also its longevity on my skin is mediocre.

14 September, 2009

chamelion's avatar

a much deeper sexier scent from the hugo boss line its probably the most masculine although sometimes it feels femnine

great anise and woodsy drydown and it gets a bit semi sweet but not overpowering and great smelling

25 August, 2009 (Last Edited: 25 September, 2009)

tearoad's avatar

BOSS SOUL: Rich and smooth, a bit like sharing a post-prandial cognac with someone who wants to take you to bed. There’s a kind of smoky quality to the air and a hint of what might or might not happen. Boss Soul is a bit like Diana Krall: seductive without being overbearing. You’re intriqued if not completely certain why. The night could go either way—and this fragrance represents that delicious tension.

09 June, 2009

SteveJB's avatar

While wearing it in the UAE (Middle East,) I found a rather favorable response from the citizens.
    The mandarin notes were quite pleasant as well.

15 April, 2008

egciv's avatar

great scent and long lasting boss and hugo perfumes are the best ones

07 November, 2006

Tajsmellsgood's avatar

I have a sample of this. There is something interesting about it. I think it may be the cinnamon. I dont see myself buying it. It is not different enough. It would be another oriental in my collection along with A*men, Desire, Lemale and Pi to name a few. Im moving away from orientals at this time.

13 October, 2006

Khan's avatar

I see this fragrence is not highly rated among teh Basenoters.But I bought a bottle the other day and I quite like it. Its very deep, rich in Amber and Vanilla, which makes it quite warm fragrence for winter. Quite Ok I think

11th February, 2006

20scents's avatar

A very delightful, smooth fragrance, similar to Boss in Motion but deeper yet still. Elicits compliments and is a very pleasant scent to own and wear. Bravo, Hugo Boss. ;-)

09 November, 2005

Urobian's avatar

i cant believe the opinions that i read, soul is awesome, very woody and spicy/oriental, great long lasting and very sensual ...

24 July, 2005