Negative Reviews of La Base for Him by Magic Helvetia

If Geir Ness tried to capture "The Power of Norway" in the bottle before this, then I figure this is an attemp of Le Base (Magic Helvetia) to do the same for Switzerland.

I`ve never been to Switzerland, but I imagine they could have done much better job here. At least I would like to think Switzerland as more interesting place comparing to the dull nature of this scent.
Le Base for Him is a well made scent, though. And I find it fairly complex as well. But the scent is simply not that compelling nor unique, and with the insane price tag like this one has, these are the major elements I am looking for.

A very green scent that is tart and crispy. Warm base of pinewood and oakmoss is covered with collection of bitter, aromatic herbs.
11th November, 2008
La Base begins with a strong burst of grapefruit. I find the use of this note in this particular fragrance to be discordant. For me, the wild mint and basil gets bypassed by the bully grapefruit. Thankfully this note subsides in due time. As the la base heads for the dry down, the pine bark makes an appearance but don’t be fooled. I tend to think of pine as a cooling, embracing note. Instead, the dry down is rather warm, heady, and synthetic smelling I do agree. The best part of the journey was the mineral tonic that was experienced in the mid-notes. Overall, I have to give la base two thumbs down for being too synthetic and slightly off-putting.
17th October, 2007
I liked this scent in theory--generally I tend toward natural woodsy / earthy smells--but in practice it was harsh and synthetic smelling. I was surprised to hear that it is one of the more popular men's frags at luckyscent.

14th March, 2007