Neutral Reviews of Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

Find out more about Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme by Yohji Yamamoto in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

SirSlarty's avatar

Funny anecdote is that I carried a small sample spray with me one night to a friend's house. This friend and his friends don't care for colognes but I sprayed the one friend I liked the most with this. He proclaimed "Wow! I smell good!" which I later confirmed with him that he "wasn't kidding."

This is a different peppery and fruity smell than I'm used to. An aquatic with a dilute citrus accord in the beginning that meanders into a spicy watery note. It later sits upon a vetiver sofa laced with minute traces of suede in its fabric near the terminal. A pleasant fragrance but not worth the price of full bottles are fetching as of this writing ($135 for 100ml? c'mon! I know it's discontinued but really...)

18 June, 2008

Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme, begins with a quite unique sharp citrus accord — a very clean and precise citrus highlighted by a mild pepper note that adds some sophistication to the sharp cleanliness of the yuzu and mandarin. It is pleasant and charming. When the milder, more neutral middle notes enter, the fragrance settles down from its bright beginnings: Actually, it settles down too much. YY loses is momentum and offers, for basenotes, the barest hint of suede, geranium, cedar, and sandalwood. This fragrance just doesn’t hold up on my dry skin. In spite of that, I recognize that it is a very nice fragrance – one that is well refined and creatively constructed of very good ingredients. It is just too weak for me: Those who like their fragrances more subtle than I do might just find this an excellent one.

07 November, 2007

zr0e's avatar

I get L'eau D'issey PH and Armani Mania in the opening. It isn't my cup of tea and yet, still enjoyed wearing it.

18 April, 2007