Positive Reviews of Yohji Yamamoto pour Homme by Yohji Yamamoto

This one is interesting because it mixes some dirtiness into the smell, giving it some character. The balance seems to work. I am not in love and planning for a full bottle, although I think I would enjoy wearing it periodically.
16th June, 2016
Not on the same scale as stablemate Yohji Homme (hereafter YH), Yohji Yamamoto (hereafter YYPH) displays the same ambiguous, ephemeral Japanese aesthetic. Whereas YH displays whatever you want to find in it, YYPH for me seems to live not on the skin as such but in a cloud that comes and goes and presages my arrival. And perhaps "pre-sages" is not a bad usage, as the progression of the scent is through a touch of Yuzu, through a long-lasting sage and ending with a touch of leather closer to the skin. Perhaps one of those scents that "wears you"? Not tactile in the same way that YH is; you won't be able to grasp this one through sniffing the skin. Perhaps more for reflective moods. I like it a lot, but not necessarily to buy. And I couldn't say for whom I would recommend YYPH. One last point: as the previous reviews note, this is an abysmal bit of naming. In fact, given that the male lines of YY appear to have been discontinued - AGAIN - there seems to have been a sustained failure in marketing respectively highly original (YYPH) and stone-cold-classic (YH) fragrances.
16th April, 2016
Over the last few years, I have gone for the more classic 'man' smells, with hugo boss 'boss' perfume, and allure sport and more recently, marc jacobs, To me, all solid and 'safe' perfumes, Recently found this Yohji Yamamoto perfume, and it has apparently been performing steady sales here in the U.K, The first feeling provoced from this pour homme is a very mysterious kind of eastern smell, without the overpowering smell others flounder in, this perfume to me exhuberates arrogance in a bottle, and I love it! It has a distinct smell I cannot descibe, but I would reccomend anyone to try and get a sample of any sorts before buying, to me, this is a perfume to own! A definete arrow to your collection of perfume weaponry!
28th March, 2005