Reviews of Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique

Find out more about Vanille Coco by Comptoir Sud Pacifique in the Basenotes Fragrance Directory

warmlightsunsea's avatar
    warmlightsunsea

The perfect vanilla coconut tropical fragrance

Sweet without being too sweet, warm, and perfect for the beach or any summer's day. If you're looking for the perfect vanilla coconut scent, this is it.

30th May, 2013

Bartlebooth's avatar
    Bartlebooth
    Germany Germany

Surely there must be a limit to the number of combinations you can make from the titles of Vanille, Coco and Ambre? Vanille Coco makes decent use of CSP's frequently used coconut note, but the milky vanilla slightly overshadows it. In its favour it does project well and lasts an eternity.

There is certainly very little to choose between the Coco titled fragrances, but I probably prefer the slightly kooky Coco Figue.

11th February, 2013

luvzzme's avatar
    luvzzme

This is a great summer fragrance at first. It is chocolate rather than coconut.

One day it turned into a unpleasant vanilla rubber tire. It is like Pink Sugar by Aqualina. Both has a calender; if it isn't the right season, it turns from a delicious vanilla choco pie into vanilla rubber band.

I prefer Vanille Extreme, Vanille Apricot or the plain Vanille Passion. (At least they don't play much of attitudes with the calender.)

25 November, 2008

Lian's avatar
    Lian
    Netherlands Netherlands

Topnotes are heavy on the coconut and does remind me of tanninglotion that will get you tanned really fast with scary models and a very oily appearance. After it fades away, and it does that quick enough for me, you are left with a creamy vanilla smell that reminded my boyfriend of a vanilla chup a chup lolly, not alltogether unpleasant. To me it smelled like a slighly fresh vanilla with, kinda like a creme brulee with a splash of coconut and lime. You know how some heavy desserts can make you feel heavy and very full, this fragrance is the opposite, it´s warm and still light so you can indulge yourself in it.

05 July, 2008

ubuandibeme's avatar
    ubuandibeme

Smells like Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar with a touch of coconut in the finish. Mediocre.

15 October, 2007

dcfong's avatar
    dcfong

I adore the CSP vanilla note and usually wear Vanille Abricot when I want to smell like dessert. Unfortunately, the coconut smells a bit like plastic on me, and the scent has no lasting power on me at all.

13 October, 2006

giraffe's avatar
    giraffe

This is a great summer scent if you love the smell of coconut tanning oil. It's one of my staples.

16 March, 2006

chaelaran1008's avatar
    chaelaran1008

Vanille Coco is soooo gorgeous!!! I had been looking out for a fragrance which utilised coconut (which I love the smell of) without smelling artificial, cloying or sugary and I am so glad I found this. On first spray, however, I did think it was too sweet but my opinion soon changed as it settled down to a warm, gentle blend of vanilla and coconut that stays true and wears close to my skin. I feel very comfortable wearing this fragrance, as if it's 'personality' resonates with my own somehow, but I would really hate anyone to know I was such a softy!!

14 March, 2006

teflondog's avatar
    teflondog

The name says it all. It has distinct vanilla and coconut notes. It reminds me of a one of those exotic umbrella drinks you would sip while vacationing in the Bahamas. It has sillage gallore and lasts really long. Although it's a bit too feminine for me, I really like it and wish I could pull it off. This is what Creed's Virgin Island Water strives to be IMO.

27 December, 2005 (Last Edited: 05 June, 2008)